One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-04 21:43:48

fug

Fishing related bug + suggestions.

Building walls around a fishing hole can cause the ice hole to delete itself if it should ever try to move with no open tiles available. Not a very fun bug to find after spending an hour building myself a personal fishing hut.

If possible can we also do something to add insulation to an ice hole? Currently in game fishing is the only activity that can really take advantage of the building bonus due to the extended amount of time you stay in one spot but due to not being able to insulate the ice hole tile the whole building (or at least fishing section) is only an aesthetic thing. Maybe just give it 10% insulation base so building around an ice hole isn't just for looks (this is tied for flat roads in insulation value and whenever you have one bad tile in a room all tiles are treated as such.)

Breedable worms or some variant of lesser bait would be a godsend. Fishing requires a lot of setup for what I'd consider minimal payoff. You'll lose your hook, worms, and get a bunch of silly boots. Box + Basket of soil = empty worm box. Empty worm box + worm = five worms after five minutes. Of course numbers can be scaled more appropriately if it seems off but 1 worm =/= 1 fish meaning there's a potential you get anywhere from 0-100 pips worth per five minutes per box. Just as with shrimping fishing would be closer to OP when multiple people are doing it but having chill ways to get food is good imo.

Freshwater fishing would also be cool since generally speaking a fishing rod has no real requirements to do early and brings more viable early good food options which helps a developing camp grow without putting too much strain on natural resources (besides worms.)

TL;DR: Fishing holes can delete themselves when trying to move without a tile to go to.

Suggestion one: Add insulation value to ice holes (or allow for them to be floored.)
Suggestion two: Breedable/renewable baits.
Suggestion three: Freshwater fishing.

Edit: Apparently you can insulate a fishing hole by standing on a door and fishing off of it lmao.
Edit 2: I've actually now perfected the fishing hut.

hcFMDP6.jpg
48bptJs.jpg

Second image works for baking too. Assert your warmth dominance over fish and pies by baking in a T pose.

Last edited by fug (2019-10-05 01:08:29)

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#2 2019-10-05 03:49:06

Saolin

Re: Fishing related bug + suggestions.

Hmm neat idea to build a fishing hut.  In real life i think fishing huts usually make use of a fire or space heater for warmth, which you could still do.

#3 2019-10-05 04:05:45

BladeWoods

It's more than just fishing, it's a problem with how buildings and floors work in general. Every single tile needing to be floored before you get a benefit from insulation isn't right especially combined with the number of things that are unfloorable or very difficult to floor.

And yeah I wish there was a way to breed worms and that worms decayed so worms don't clog up towns.

You should get a dry rose bush planted nearby so you can refill on hooks easy,

And I've never understood why ice holes move around? Are they supposed to?

#4 2019-10-05 04:16:24

DestinyCall

Wandering ice holes.  One of Nature's true mysteries.

Board footer