One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 03:08:38

She of the Sand

Crowns

As a prenote: I love this game and it is awesome.

Are crowns useful in any village??
Three times I attempted to play in this village I named Frodon, and every time I am killed.
The first time, I was born to a mother who crowned me Tomas the Great, and immediately my Aunt swore to kill the crown. My mom seemed super peaceful and talked with my Aunt before that. And, she told me to take care of the town and help finish building the walls.

So, then I was in exile the rest of my life as a crazy Aunt with a knife hunted me. I hid the crown in the outskirts of town.

I was reborn later and made sure to talk to whoever had the knife now, and it had passed to her son. I asked if he had a knife and he said he is guarding against someone. I said ok, and went exploring the town. I explained that I could bring the crown back as I was here before, then some little girl with a knife killed me.

Way way later, I returned reborn again and brought the crown back during a peaceful village. I had my first kid and as I was nursing, some cousin insisted I give him the crown. I said no, that I am watching over Frodon; he promptly ran offscreen, came back with a bow, and shot me with my kid.

Players here are a bit extra special about crowns to the point I think it has negative value.
I will never myself wear the crown again. Perhaps use it as bait for griefers.

What do you all think?

Last edited by She of the Sand (2018-03-29 03:10:09)

She was born of nothing but the sands, a desolate screen of yellow.

#2 2018-03-29 03:35:14

draequine

Re: Crowns

The fact that you had such an interesting experience about a crown goes to show that it is a good addition to the game (Not necessarily positive.)

As for me, crowns are useful as a way to point out who is in charge, and can naturally ramp up of progression of a village if the wearer is on point.

While I've yet to come across a village with all three crown types, I feel that a three crown system is the ideal role system to shoot for. You've got your leaf crown making sure that the fire keeps going, pies are made, and children are raised. Then you've got carrot crown watching the farm, seeding plots, wells, and compost. Finally, you've got wolf crown defending from bears/wolves/griefers, harvesting the sheep, and foraging for lost clothes/tools/carts.

#3 2018-03-29 04:51:53

Baker

Re: Crowns

You know, You should've have given the crown to the aunt or the kid. The crown is essentially cursed, It grants it's user great power and wealth but gives them bad luck.  The wearer may be granted leader over the village but it also paints a big target on there back.

So If you want to kill two birds with one stone, You give the crown the jealous people. That paints a big old target on that persons back, It's basically like indirectly having that person killed. You wait around with your weapon of choice until someone inevitably makes a move on the crown wearer. The griefer kills the crown wearer and you kill the griefer.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

Board footer