One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-22 17:45:53

Don Holm

Remove war swords temporary

We should remove war swords temporary, and focus on updates to help us build diverse civilizations with different structures and monuments, more crops and more tools, more advanced security systems, then add the sword back. Cause I find the game is still in the middle of development and sword are just slowing us down. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with swords, but they are not supposed to be integrated at this stage of the game. Overall, the game is amazing we just need to push sword away for a bit to think straight and extend a bit the arc (I wanna enjoy a longer arc please).

#2 2019-09-22 18:51:42

DestinyCall

Re: Remove war swords temporary

I would also like to see a longer arc and less genocide.

#3 2019-09-22 19:44:55

CatX

Worth a try.

#4 2019-09-22 22:56:13

BladeWoods

Previous arc was pretty long, it lasted 3000 years

#5 2019-09-22 22:58:42

DestinyCall

BladeWoods wrote:

Previous arc was pretty long, it lasted 3000 years

3000 years = 50 hours = a little over 2 days

Call me greedy, but I want more.

#6 2019-09-23 00:24:41

fug

While the war sword is still overpowered when it's possible to use the bigger issue is the combat system overall. When he removed the skill from PvP system we get into the problem we have now where a couple of monkeys can constantly cause damage (one person managed 900 kills in 4~ months, another person is at 1600~ or so.) These are bigger numbers than Pein had between his two accounts which should absolutely be giant red flags.

Being able to attack someone two screens away is terrible design as someone can only take advantage of this with a zoom mod which PvP shouldn't be based around. Not to mention with something like a bow you have 52~ different tiles you can click on to send an attack trigger and with most the game will autowalk you into kill range if the other person doesn't move.

Next up we have the issue of combat always rewarding the first person to trigger kill command which is just dumb. Old combat favored those who could predict, those who could react, and those who would think through a situation. Now we have a combat "system" that rewards zooming to max range and shift clicking a tile near someone. Not even are you clicking the person at this point but a random tile around them to kill. 

Also, in the current system we lack the defense options of the previous system. No snowballs to disarm people acting in bad faith, no ability to try to dodge the shots of someone not thinking about what has occurred, nothing what so ever. Instead, what replaces this is a system where one party just runs away until the chaser starves, you starve, or they have to drop their weapon and you trade places. A shitty game of tag does not a combat system make.

So yeah, swords were shit as I proved before but the bigger issue now is that he has somewhat balanced them but left the terribly designed PvP bandage on.

Revert bow back to the stage of only firing on a confirmed hit and remove auto aim.
Make the snowball great again or add a bolas. No auto aim for these.
Swords are basically balanced in terms of use since Elders can call war/peace. Still recommend removing the auto attack feature.
Knives are fine as well imo minus the extra 9 tiles to click + autoaim.

PVP update was a sham and should just be swapped back to a place where people can actually defend themselves. No one in real life just lets themselves get murdered because someone growled at them first.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2019-09-23 07:13:35

Dodge

fug wrote:

PVP system was changed because before you could avoid getting killed even on a cooldown by using lag and or buggy movement on tiles, so it was basically exploitable by the few that knew how to exploit it.

Also a griefer could avoid getting killed just by clicking everywhere on screen to move all the time, so someone one tile close to you could still avoid getting stabbed somehow.

Sure auto aim is not perfect but asking to revert the change is not going to happen.

If you want to improve the current PVP system it has to be done on the basis of how it works currently and not revert back to a system that was made to adress issues in the first place.

Like for example maybe there should be a delay between murder mouth and the actual ability to kill someone, so you could hear in advance the murder mouth and have some time to run away so you dont get killed out of the blue.

And also maybe you could somehow know if it's you that is being targetted specifically, you could call it the "death stare", if someone is targetting you, you get scared as a visible emotion.

With these two changes you could know slightly in advance if someone is attempting murder and also you would know if it's you that is targetted so you could have a few seconds to run away instead of just getting randomly killed.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i get the impression that the real issue is getting randomly killed out of nowhere without having any chance to do anything about it.

So if you had a chance to run away and then prepare to counter attack it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Maybe the emotion of fear could be visible as long as you are targetted, so you would know when you arent targetted anymore even from off screen and could attempt a counter attack.

Making it basically a chasing game with the ability to hit back if you target him first once he has done targetting you, which you would be aware of when you're not visibly scared anymore.

So in the end the person that plays more strategically and can react the fastest would win as opposed to currently where it's basically the first person that wins if he prepares it in advance and uses zoom.

Board footer