One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-09-20 16:11:59

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Basket Griefing Across the Rift

None of these changes are live yet.  Fixed in code only.

All slot-reduction flings have been blocked (stacking baskets, scooping up a grave---anything that reduces the number of slots in the target container).  Instead, you must empty the target container before performing a slot-reducing action on it.

Toddler fling is still possible.  I'll make sure that the "find a drop spot" code is rift-aware.

#27 2019-09-21 04:16:36

Azrael

DestinyCall wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Woah using the rift to grief??? Thats so cool and creative. We should be celebrating the brilliant mind who found out about this and used it to their advantage because this is hella creative!

Props to whoever figured it out, and double props to whoever used it to grief. Everytime theres a new bug or exploit someone will find a way to utilize it, I might test it out probably not, but its still cool regardless.

- A wheeler :^)

I think we found our basket griefer.

Funny I don't remember griefing any baskets. Just because I appluad it doesnt mean I ever did it, thanks for assuming that tho smile

Its really funny how people always like to assume shit they know nothing about. You dont even know me so dont think you can make up these scenarios in your head to make yourself feel better. 

Whoever did grief did a damn well job whether you're salty ot not.

-wheeler smile

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#28 2019-09-21 04:39:25

DestinyCall

Azrael wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Woah using the rift to grief??? Thats so cool and creative. We should be celebrating the brilliant mind who found out about this and used it to their advantage because this is hella creative!

Props to whoever figured it out, and double props to whoever used it to grief. Everytime theres a new bug or exploit someone will find a way to utilize it, I might test it out probably not, but its still cool regardless.

- A wheeler :^)

Funny I don't remember griefing any baskets. Just because I appluad it doesnt mean I ever did it, thanks for assuming that tho smile

Its really funny how people always like to assume shit they know nothing about. You dont even know me so dont think you can make up these scenarios in your head to make yourself feel better. 

Whoever did grief did a damn well job whether you're salty ot not.

-wheeler smile

Suuuuuure.     Whatever you say, man.    I'm sure you have know idea how all that iron ended up over there.   I believe you.  >.>

You just really respect the cool artist that managed to paint that masterpiece and think he must be a pretty fun guy and well-loved by the ladies.     

How foolish of me for jumping to the wrong conclusions.    My bad.

#29 2019-09-23 20:31:32

MrsDuckGirl

Switching (right click) two full baskets still stacks them and spreads what the lower one contains.

#30 2019-09-24 06:04:09

Azrael

DestinyCall wrote:
Azrael wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Whoever did grief did a damn well job whether you're salty or not.

-wheeler smile

Suuuuuure.     Whatever you say, man.    I'm sure you have know idea how all that iron ended up over there.   I believe you.  >.>

You just really respect the cool artist that managed to paint that masterpiece and think he must be a pretty fun guy and well-loved by the ladies.     

How foolish of me for jumping to the wrong conclusions.    My bad.

You must be joking....

I'm not 100% sure how the iron got over, but it's a bug obviously.

Also, no you imbecile, I DID NOT grief any baskets and I make no qualms about it.

I applauded the guy for his creativity, but on this forums its either you hate all griefers and want them to burn or you are a griefer. Is there no silver lining with you people?

Wheeler smile

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#31 2019-09-24 10:00:13

testo

I actually use this feature to unload my iron faster -_-

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#32 2019-09-25 03:08:50

fug

MrsDuckGirl wrote:

Switching (right click) two full baskets still stacks them and spreads what the lower one contains.

Also can still launch stuff over the rift wall this way. I would assume dying + being injured with items in hand on cluttered spaces launches stuff over the rift as well.

Edit: Dying/injury doesn't seem to launch stuff. Just baskets.

Last edited by fug (2019-09-25 07:23:10)

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#33 2019-09-25 08:39:56

MrsDuckGirl

fug wrote:

Dying/injury doesn't seem to launch stuff.

Being dressed and dying on a skeleton, I could send my body and clothes over the rift. Muttons you see on the top have been thrown with the full baskets switch. Indeed, it seems what's you're holding in hand stays inside the rift.
TTQSzV8.png

Also, it has no relation but it seems backpack doesn't decay anymore. I haven't checked on BS2 but on low pop server, the four backpacks I built two days ago are still alive and kicking.

#34 2019-09-25 08:48:07

sigmen4020

MrsDuckGirl wrote:

Also, it has no relation but it seems backpack doesn't decay anymore. I haven't checked on BS2 but on low pop server, the four backpacks I built two days ago are still alive and kicking.

Yup, that was changed recently.
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeD … 423a30f1f1
"Okay, I cry Uncle. Backpack never decays. Fixes #453"

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#35 2019-09-25 09:25:54

pein

Yeah, well, you need more time to grief on left side as you got to fill every north and east tile with items, at least 3 rows and columns to the first spot something flies is west.

I used  this bug to unload baskets fast, cause still faster to stack them back, or let others stack it, or just throw stuff like pies out of a basket
well known feature long ago.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#36 2019-09-25 16:33:48

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, findDropSpot has been fixed to obey the rift boundary.

But dying will still plant a grave across the rift, it seems.  I'll fix that too.

#37 2019-09-25 16:35:49

Thaulos

People tested it yesterday and they could still send stuff across the rift.

Over_the_rift.png?width=300&height=300

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-09-25 16:36:16)

#38 2019-09-25 17:13:20

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Do you know what method they were using?

#39 2019-09-25 17:21:04

Thaulos

Normal method. Put full basket on floor, put clutter around, put full basket on top of basket, watch things fly over the rift.

#40 2019-09-25 17:34:31

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Whoops... right click is still working to do this for some reason...  Will fix.

Board footer