One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-14 04:51:41

Tempted

Bugs in low pop server 7, possibly others

I have been playing on server 7 for the past 2 weeks.
Up until the last update, there were a few rubber banding issues, (as well as fauna appearing in the wrong biomes) followed once by a popup that said "a wild bug has appeared" as I was stuck trying to take a berry from a bush.
I just played again earlier on the server, after the most recent update, and the town I have been building was, well, insane.
I had a live sheep stored sideways in a box that I picked up and took away.
I would pick up weird items that shouldn't be combined, like a chisel and a file.
Other items were completely different items than I remember them being the last time I played. Some of these items would revert back to the original once I interacted with them, others would turn into completely new items.
For example, I had a three sisters stew pot from last time that turned into a bowl. I took a bowl to it and was able to grab stew as the bowl on the ground turned back into a stew pot. I ate from the bowl in my hand, and when I placed it on the ground, it turned into a Gosling that I could no longer interact with.
It was similar to tripping on mushrooms, only without the mushrooms.

Just a heads up, I think the further the lowpop servers get from the latest update, the weirder, and sometimes more hilarious they become.

#2 2019-09-14 05:25:14

BladeWoods

Re: Bugs in low pop server 7, possibly others

Did you die while on shrooms? I think that causes the shroom effect to persist in your next life.

#3 2019-09-14 05:48:15

Tempted

No. I haven't eaten any shrooms while playing on the server. I haven't even run across any. And it isn't exactly like being on shrooms, just similar as the items turn into other items.
Another example is that I had a pile of forged iron. When I played earlier, it was a full bucket, but when I interacted with the bucket, I ended up with a piece of iron, and the bucket morphed back into a pile of iron. I would place the piece of iron in my hand on another tile, and the pile would stay the same, but if I placed it back on the pile, it would turn all of the iron back into a bucket.
I thought someone had killed a mouflon I had in a pen because it wasn't there, but when I entered the pen, it materialized out of thin air.
A wolf was glitching out into a bear.
Just random weirdness.
It was small things until the update, but since the update, the bugs have become quite a bit more pronounced

#4 2019-09-14 06:08:28

Dodge

Same thing happenned before on big server months ago, it was an issue with the disk being read only or something similar if i remember correctly.

#5 2019-09-14 06:13:02

Tempted

Thanks for the insight Dodge. Do you know if there is a fix that I can perform personally or is it something that would need to be fixed server side?

#6 2019-09-14 06:24:54

Dodge

Tempted wrote:

Thanks for the insight Dodge. Do you know if there is a fix that I can perform personally or is it something that would need to be fixed server side?

It's server side.

Board footer