One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-07 03:53:02

Saolin

Torunn Dupee... The Magic Lady...?

So a week or two ago I had a baby dressed in a chef outfit, and I set it down only for it to be picked up by another lady (named Pieper, forgot the last name) and she promptly made the baby disappear completely.  She made it reappear, then disappear again.  After a while my baby fell dead next to her.  I was questioning her throughout this, wanting to find my baby, and though she was responding she didn't really answer anything.  Shortly after the baby died she got stabbed by someone, being accused of "griefing".  I had debated posting about it here, having a strong feeling that something was off, but ultimately chalked it up to her setting the baby down behind her, not sure how else to make sense of it.

So what does this have to do with Torunn Dupee, the Magic Lady?

I was born into a decent town with newcomen well and tons of raw iron.  Everything was going normally, gave birth to about five or six babies, and my yum chain was going particularly well.  Anyway, around 32-35 I was going about my usual business of tending to the village and I went to the forge to grab a batch of charcoal i knew was ready for the well to pump some water.  A woman was standing, and after I had picked up the charcoal, she said "knives for all" and I noticed a basket of 3 knives in her hands, PLUS a basket of 3 knives next to her.  I thought I might as well grab one, given the huge supply, though i didn't really approve of the use of iron i had recently converted to steel.  As I went over to pick one up from the basket she promptly made both baskets disappear one after the other, from her hands, followed by my basket of charcoal, without moving.  The second basket of knives was next to her but my basket of charcoal was not.  She proceeded to not move from the same tile for the next 20-25 years.  Anyway I was asking her where she moved my charcoal and the knives, and she began to juggle a heated raw iron while no fire was active in the kilns.  This really caught my attention and i stated that she must be hacking in some way.  I told her that I wish i had a recording software running to be able to show what she was doing.  She said that she is only using [one of the standard mods].  She then showed off that she could rapidly switch emotes but i acknowledged that is a standard feature of the mods to be able to hotkey emotes from what i understand.  She then went on to refer to something she called her "Daemon", (which to me is a torrenting software from the mid 2000s but i digress) and proceeded to teleport various items into her arms: a lit long shaft, a baby, a dry bean, another baby which she then named, none of which were laying anywhere onscreen.  I was very amazed and confused, which i expressed.  She said no one was talked to her like this before.  (At some point in here my 13x yum chain somehow reset to 3x, but i was pretty distracted by what else was going on so maybe it was a mistake??).  She also "picked" several berries and carrots to eat.  I say "picked" because that was the accompanying sound to them appearing in her hands, but we were in the forge and there was no food around.  She asked me why i was wasting all the carrots, which i had only eaten one of years before meeting her.  At this point i need to run off to get some food as my yum chain had dissipated, and to my astonishment i noticed several piles of dirt tilling themselves into deep tilled rows.  I came back to ask her about it but didn't get any real response.  She continued to refer to "her Daemon".  I had to run off again to get food a little while later, and watched several rows of carrots appear to one-by-one pick themselves to first fill a slot box.  I ate a tomato from my backpack which did not fill my food bar at all (some kind of mistake again??), then continued to watch some carrots magically create a full pile on the ground, which drew me back to her again.  She said it was her "Daemon".  I continued to hang around her for the rest of our years, expressing how amazed and confused i was, and eventually referring to her as "the magic lady" as others began to notice our interaction.  However when others took notice she was reluctant to show her powers.  One young man witnessed one magic trick(?) and proceeded to hang around for a while but she did not do anything for several years until he went away.  She died a few years before me, and when she died instead of bones and clothes on one tile, a small collection of short shafts and other moderately useful items scattered across a few nearby tiles with no bones left behind iirc.

I don't really know what to say other than it seems like someone has figured out how to hack in some way.  The name was Torunn Dupee.  She remained on one tile in the forge for 20-25 years with no food around (though she was able to teleport berries and carrots into her hands to eat somehow).  It made me wish I was running a recording software, but from what I've seen on here, is there some way to resurrect this life to be reviewed?  I haven't played a life since, though i did exit and subsequently re-open to refer to my family tree, not sure if that matters.  Is there some way i can expose the details of this life?

#2 2019-09-07 07:16:47

CatX

Re: Torunn Dupee... The Magic Lady...?

You can try this:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3337

Remember to make a copy of the file.

It could have been Jason perhaps?

#3 2019-09-07 22:06:33

Saolin

Re: Torunn Dupee... The Magic Lady...?

Thanks.  I used the method described, but no matter what txt file i choose, the game crashes within a few seconds of loading.  I only try one at a time and there's nothing else in the playbackgames folder.  I have the txt file for that session though.

Board footer