One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-27 17:16:44

DestinyCall

Update 259 - New things you can do

I managed to miss a couple of important quality-of-life changes that happened with the recent update.  I figured that I might not be the only one who wasn't aware of these important updates so I'd make a post here to draw attention.

Here is the change log on OneTech for reference:

https://onetech.info/versions

This update makes it possible to remove many natural and man-made obstacles that were previously permanent and unmovable.  Natural objects, like barrel cactus, dry pond and snow bank can now be removed through hungry work, using an iron shovel.     The Newcomen freestanding tower and multipurpose engine is also fully removable, by using your bare hands and it returns all parts intact.  Looms can also be "packed" up for easy moving, using a rope. 

There were several minor fixes related the diesel engine.  Sadly, they are still moveable and can be removed from mines, but the size has been increased to two.

Writing has been received an important update.   A new writing utensil .. and a rubber eraser! 
Rubber ball can be used to erase charcoal writing, and a new item - the quill ink pen -  ca be used used by elders only to make more important permanent notes.   This means that charcoal notes can be used for translation and communication with other families.   Just make a piece of paper, a rubber ball, and a charcoal pencil.   Then you can write messages back and forth, which can be understood by the reader.   This could potentially allow friendly introductions, peace negotiation, and even trade (maybe) between neighboring villages.

A quill pen is made using a plain turkey feather on a bowl of black dye.   Black dye is made by using a bowl of vinegar with a bowl of rust.   You make rust by putting metal filings in saltwater. You get iron fillings by using a file on a piece of crude iron.  Vinegar comes from old cane juice.  You get cane juice from chopping up and cooking sugar cane in a bowl.   

Important note - the quill pen is used ON a charcoal note to make the charcoal note unable to be erased by a rubber ball.   So you can't write with just the elder ink pen.  You must have a pencil too.  The ink pen will not write directly on paper.    To make a charcoal pencil, use a knife on a piece of charcoal.  To make paper, you must use a knife on a short shaft to get wood shavings, then cook the wood shavings in water over hot coals to make wood pulp, then smash the pulp flat by using a pair of flat stones.

In addition to the new use for turkey feathers, we also have more options for fletching arrows. You can get fletching from turkey feather and goose feather from domestic goose by using shears.

Bear caves no longer reset with new bears in 24 hours and the caves are half as common.

And lastly, war sword now has max pickup age of 55 (so elders who can declare war cannot use swords).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I'm going to go make some paper!

#2 2019-08-27 17:30:25

Saolin

Re: Update 259 - New things you can do

Hmm I noticed some of these when browsing onetech yesterday, but not all. Thanks for posting!

Board footer