One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-08-25 02:18:42

Boony

Re: A little thought experiment

There HAS to be a Baby update. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been out in the wild collecting iron or milkweed and then I have a baby. It’s so hard to bring the baby back to the town and most of the time the baby dies.

If you could put a baby in your backpack or in a cart it would solve this problem. I was also thinking maybe some form of a baby bottle that you fill with milk and the baby can drink from it when ever hungry.

#AwarenessForMothers

I am the Yuh Lord

#27 2019-08-25 06:17:48

Lava

Make iron mines permanent.

#28 2019-09-26 07:22:08

PXshadow

A bed to be able to re spawn either in the bed or near the bed with a marker to it. If you could re spawn in the bed you could lock your house and store the keys inside before you die and then come back later and be able to re open up your house and start in a similar position. Groups of players could also systematically plan to continue playing with each other over a week for instance by placing beds in the same village and continuing to build up a friendly environment of selected people that get along. Final point is it would also allow the community to take on massive projects easier and really have a more long term settlement situation, (also you could have it so the bed locks a name to you every time you spawn in it, that way players can build more long term partnerships of regular players without the anonymity)

or

early game lockable luggage chests (costly but somewhat easy to break, but also inexpensive materials wise). Easy to make and distribute for trading caravans.

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#29 2019-09-26 07:50:29

MrShuriken

Splitting oil into multiple categories so to improve in the tech tree and be more efficient you need to get oil from different places
Such as splitting a Tarry spot Into many different things
Tarry spot
Tarry Puddle
Tarry Pool
Tarry Drain
Tarry spots would be nerfed a lot, being 4x worse than they are now, producing Extremely crude oil
Tarry drains, on the other hand, would be 2x better than what we have now, being Refined oil.
So a Newcomen pump on a well would give 3 water buckets, like usual yet now would take 8x longer, taking 8 minutes to get water
A well with a diesel engine using Tarry spot oil would get you 5 water in 4 minutes, so on and so forth.
I have many many ideas for the game however just making it so things can't be rushed and adding more things is really what I focused on.
But if its 1 thing thats what id add, besides things like oceans and further cold oceans etc etc

#30 2019-09-26 14:55:27

SpiritBomb32

I would love flour sacks, composters (like in crates), drying rack where you can put up meat that was salted, berry sacks, horse and plow (maybe its a thing where you place down 1 dirt and ride over it with a horse, turning it to tilled soil(i find it odd that we have to use soil deposits when the ground is ground and already has dirt)), Milk cans(optionally glass milk bottles), Glass cups, jars, bottles, pumps and hoses and sprinklers and generators, and E L E C T R I C I T Y

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

Board footer