One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 08:35:49

WalrusesConquer

Ohol Animaton

So as a preface, it kind of sucks (first time animating) but ehhh some advice on how I could improve would be nice! Anyway here's my monstrosity!

https://youtu.be/VujITqsb4WQ

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#2 2019-08-18 10:21:19

Matbat

Re: Ohol Animaton

Warning this critique contains spoilers for the video shows above

Animation 1.3/5
Not horrendously appalling. But notable flaws.
(Well, really looking at it they're mostly beginner flaws (I know since I had them too))
1. Should screen your animation to double check it's quality,
But if it's up to your standard there's nothing I can really bicker at if this is what you're going for.
2. More frames, draw scenes out further. The animation went by quite quickly, but after watching it twice I felt it could use at least 50% more frames (Or time allotted to scenes) to allow buildup, reading, and intake of the situation (For instance, the beginning you really have to pause after OHOL shows up to read the name, if you left it up for a second or two longer (and then faded it into the next scene) things could have transitioned more smoothly.).
3. Words. It was a tad hard to get everything. Perhaps instead of scrolling through the words OHOL chat bubble style you could have the words fill in an allotted space (but not everything, you can decide how much goes where and when) so that way someone wouldnt have to replay a scene over and over to read the whole thing they were saying.

Topic 2.5/5
Though the animation took away from the topic because of quality at least you still used relatable situations, which from an OHOL player point is at least worth a view.

Design 2.7/5
Decent,  animation quality still hits this unfortunately.

Sound -/5
Could have been for the better there was no sound, or an attempt at it.
However propped usage of sound (such as baby whistle ill spamming when the lady was complaining), crying babys with the twin mother, overlapped cooing sounds with the group of babies, and death yells at the end when people were being stabbed could have been more humorous and relatable than silence.
Though sound is extra work and an extra layer of complications, but if you are willing to add it it can be worth more than you put in.
(You can find all the sound files in the game folders, there would just be alot of rummaging to do.)

I'm sure everyone is appreciative of free content, so there's at least that.

Last edited by Matbat (2019-08-18 10:23:57)

#3 2019-08-18 10:33:37

HimitsuGato

I think it's awesome! I laughed out loud at the baby knife grabbing. I hope you'll share more in the future!

#4 2019-08-18 11:08:35

Grim_Arbiter

Not enough walruses

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-08-18 11:15:38

Baker

"He's just playing"

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2019-08-18 13:26:40

DestinyCall

Baker wrote:

"He's just playing"

Hahaha .. kids today ... always playing.

I thought the story was funny and relatable.   Sound effects and/or music would make it better.  The speed was a little too fast.   I would have appreciated more time to read the text and absorb what was happening.   Because of the speed, it felt a little rushed. 

Overall, I liked it.  smile

#7 2019-08-18 14:44:18

Starknight_One

DestinyCall wrote:
Baker wrote:

"He's just playing"

Hahaha .. kids today ... always playing.

I thought the story was funny and relatable.   Sound effects and/or music would make it better.  The speed was a little too fast.   I would have appreciated more time to read the text and absorb what was happening.   Because of the speed, it felt a little rushed. 

Overall, I liked it.  smile

Heh. One life I had twins, one made the evil face and people said to starve him. I said, "No, it's just gas." and he blushed... They got backpacks - with knives - at around 7, I think - and went on to help build up the town. But they weren't bumping around on things before they could pick stuff up, either. smile

#8 2019-08-18 17:34:39

DestinyCall

I had a baby once who told me he was Satan and did the evil face emote.

Fortunately, I am a fan of the show Lucifer, so I knew he was just misunderstood.   I got him a full set of clothes and kept him safe.   When he was old enough, I told him that his mom loved him very much and let him go about his business.  He was a good boy.    I don't recall any murders.

#9 2019-08-18 20:35:42

WalrusesConquer

Thano you all so much! This was really helpful and the next time If I make another one I'll definitely add sound and make it more drawn out ^^

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

Board footer