One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-10 23:37:27

Mr meeseeks

All time low

37 players... I have never seen the player count this low...
Even at 4:00 AM on a week day..  player count has been consistently above 50 players...

Typical player count on a weekend at 7ish PM would be 80 - 110...

Please fix the game, Jason.

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#2 2019-08-10 23:44:44

DestinyCall

Re: All time low

Everything is fine.  Nobody panic.  Everything is fine.

#3 2019-08-10 23:53:41

Mr meeseeks

Nothing is fine. Everybody panic. Nothing is fine.

#4 2019-08-11 00:12:43

Mr meeseeks

I can understand Jason's adamant adherence to his decisions, as he seems to view games as art... I'm sure his OHOL endeavor is no exception..

To be honest, I think the rift box has a lot of potential.. But, it needs to be balanced.

Griefers are rampant.. I can hardly live a life without being murdered. There are no resources.. This needs to be fixed.

Fix it before the game dies completely.

#5 2019-08-11 00:19:40

Auner

It's awful.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#6 2019-08-11 00:35:43

Saolin

well I have the perfect gif for this, but the instructions on the forum make no sense to me and after multiple tries I had to give up.  Is it possible to post gifs on this forum?

#7 2019-08-11 00:44:36

DestinyCall

Yes, it has been done, so it must be possible. 

I would ask Morti, but he got banned earlier this week for posting too many gifs.

#8 2019-08-11 01:10:17

Villas

It's not nice to play when griefers keeping spawning as Eves to kill people, chopping trees, blocking buildings.
There are some guys on Discord who are griefing because they think they are helping people, because if they grief the map will reset.
But they aren't, they are just making the game worse.

They think if they keep killing people, wiping towns or even sabotaging towns by blocking buildings, hiding steel, breaking tools, chopping trees, people will simply keep playing spawning as Eves and raise the family count to 32, but they wont, people will just stop playing because it's not funny to be griefed.

I've never made a radio because it's really hard (for me), but some guy made two radios, transmiter and receiver, he put those radios in a town, so people could talk and listen, it was very funny, people really enjoyed, they were around the radio talking some bs, but they were having fun. Then griefers locked those two radios in a building, they blocked 8 steel ingots there as well. They locked even flat stones, so people couldn't complete big roads, they locked diesel engines, they put diesel engine in wells near each other to make them useless to get iron, locked horses inside building too.

Who wants to play with people like that? Players spend hours making cool stuff, farming trees and then griefers destroys and lock everything without punishment just to "help people because it will reset the map", those bastards killed all mouflons.

The problem isn't the updates.
The problem isn't the rift.
The problem isn't resources.
The problem is the power people have to destroy everything.
The problem is the discord people who laugh while they destroy our fun.

QuZkgOM.jpg

They literally made a post here asking people to help them griefing.

We should be able to break anything, even ancient walls, of course it might need more people, elders (like fence removal), high tech tools.

Trees should grow without anyone planting them, like in real life. Also, chopping any tree or breaking any wall should consume food bars.

We should be able to remove well engines.

The game is good, updates are going well, the problem are experienced griefers, "pro griefers", they have too many weapons to destroy hours of hard work in some minutes. But I'm sure, once we have power enough to reverse their griefing, we will be gutti.

Currently people are quiting because it is really frustanting to be griefed every single life, we don't keep playing and live somewhere else, we just quit for some days, griefing wont help reset. We have tons of iron, ropes, clothes, tools, horses, radios, everything even one week after the reset, towns are richer than before the rift. Look this screenshot I took yesterday:

LINZZ3S.png
n5kIzIC.jpg

Griefers keep destryoing it to have the excuse "Oh, I'm griefing to wipe the map because we don't have resources, it's understandable, isn't it?", no, we have resources, but you are sabotaging them and killing people who are working to have even more resources, then those people quit playing.

#9 2019-08-11 01:28:09

BladeWoods

I agree I think the game has potential, even inside a box. The last update (new map algo and new upgrade to iron mine) was actually really really good. But the box is still super broken and the timing of Jason's vacation couldn't be much worse.

Largest problem: Impossible apocalypse condition
Other large problems:
All junipers being cut
Permanent irremovable objects
Juggling swords
Teleporting items across the rift
Lack of eve window

#10 2019-08-11 01:43:52

DestinyCall

Personally, I'm glad the fail condition was broken because if it had kicked in already and reset the map, we would be able to pretend everything was okay and keep cycling through failed archs over and over.

This arch has lasted WAY too long, but it has also proven that the entire rift can be painfully depleted, horribly griefed, completely broken ... and yet still strangely alive and struggling to stay that way.    98% of the map is an unplayable wasteland.  We are playing Zombie OHOL at this point.  Still alive, still moving, but dead on the inside.

#11 2019-08-11 01:52:25

BladeWoods

DestinyCall wrote:

Personally, I'm glad the fail condition was broken because if it had kicked in already and reset the map, we would be able to pretend everything was okay and keep cycling through failed archs over and over.

This arch has lasted WAY too long, but it has also proven that the entire rift can be painfully depleted, horribly griefed, completely broken ... and yet still strangely alive and struggling to stay that way.    98% of the map is an unplayable wasteland.  We are playing Zombie OHOL at this point.  Still alive, still moving, but dead on the inside.

The rift is supposed to get depleted. But it's supposed to reset when things get bad, not just turn the game into a dead one that no one can play.

#12 2019-08-11 02:17:59

DestinyCall

Yeah, it is supposed to get depleted and then we are all suppose to die.  Then when we get thrown in to Eve hell and beg for the sweet release of Reset, the fail condition will trigger. 

But why reset it? So we can fail all over again?  There is no win condition.   There is no hope.  Our only goal is "try to die slower than last time."   Based on the current rules of the game we are basically "winning" right now.   Look how long we have survived - Doesn't it feel great?   Don't you want to do it again, but try to drag it out even longer next time?

This is what dying slowly feels like and it is no fun at all.   I don't want to play like this. 

It is horrible and sad.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-08-11 02:22:51)

#13 2019-08-11 02:49:26

Mr meeseeks

Jason, your players have spoken.. Listen to us.. Or give us a refund..

This certainly isn't what I paid for..

#14 2019-08-11 02:53:42

kubassa
Banned

Mr meeseeks wrote:

37 players... I have never seen the player count this low...
Even at 4:00 AM on a week day..  player count has been consistently above 50 players...

Typical player count on a weekend at 7ish PM would be 80 - 110...

Please fix the game, Jason.

I seen it lower...... Then the game went on STEAM.

Mr meeseeks wrote:

LOL kid get a grip it was 20 bucks.......... refund........ LOL

Last edited by kubassa (2019-08-11 02:55:24)

I got huge ballz.

#15 2019-08-11 03:21:44

Mr meeseeks

Oh? Did you "seen" it lower in the very beginning before it had an actual player base? What a valid point you made... Thank you for contributing to the conversation.

#16 2019-08-11 03:25:48

DestinyCall

Mr meeseeks wrote:

Jason will refund you, but not from a forum post.   You need to send him an email with your account info.

#17 2019-08-11 03:26:17

kubassa
Banned

Mr meeseeks wrote:

Oh? Did you "seen" it lower in the very beginning before it had an actual player base? What a valid point you made... Thank you for contributing to the conversation.

Maybe you didn't know that this game was out quite a while before it went on STEAM son. There was way more players playing in the beginning. 'Rage to Riches' update killed the player base.

* Edified. Thank me later. *

Last edited by kubassa (2019-08-11 03:26:44)

I got huge ballz.

#18 2019-08-11 03:33:09

Mr meeseeks

That is simply not true. It went in steam shortly after its release, and the highest amount of players was immediately after the steam release. Also.. There were*** Not there was... Son

Last edited by Mr meeseeks (2019-08-11 03:34:02)

#19 2019-08-11 03:37:32

kubassa
Banned

Mr meeseeks wrote:

That is simply not true. It went in steam shortly after its release, and the highest amount of players was immediately after the steam release. Also.. There were*** Not there was... Son

Wrong, but you are a new player so you would't have known that.

* Edified. Thank me later. *

I got huge ballz.

#20 2019-08-11 03:37:47

Mr meeseeks

DestinyCall wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:

Jason will refund you, but not from a forum post.   You need to send him an email with your account info.

I don't actually want to be refunded just yet. I love the game. I just want to be able to play the game I fell in love with.

This is a mess, but it can be fixed...

#21 2019-08-11 03:40:58

DestinyCall

Mr meeseeks wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:

I don't actually want to be refunded just yet. I love the game. I just want to be able to play the game I fell in love with.

That's fine.  I would much rather have a functioning game than a refund too.  I've gotten way more than twenty dollars worth of enjoyment from OHOL already.   It hurts me to see the game in this state. 

Hopefully it is only a temporary condition.

#22 2019-08-11 04:10:25

Mr meeseeks

DestinyCall wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

That's fine.  I would much rather have a functioning game than a refund too.  I've gotten way more than twenty dollars worth of enjoyment from OHOL already.   It hurts me to see the game in this state. 

Hopefully it is only a temporary condition.

Yes, but Jason might need some incentive to actually do something about it.

We didn't pay for this bull shit...

He should fix it, or we should all demand refunds.

Sometimes I wonder if he's just tired of dealing with it, and trying to kill the game intentionally... I can't imagine why he would do this otherwise...

We paid for a lifetime of updates and content, he should deliver.

Going on vacation while the game is in this state doesn't look too great....

#23 2019-08-11 04:14:52

kubassa
Banned

Mr meeseeks wrote:

Why are you using "WE" in your statement.... You can ask for one. Stop trying to force others to share your opinion. Please get your refund and leave. Thanks.

I got huge ballz.

#24 2019-08-11 04:15:43

Spoonwood

Villas wrote:

The problem isn't the rift.

I think you correct that griefing consists of the problem from the reports I hear (I'm not playing... even on custom servers, I've lost interest and feel even more distant from coming back after the recent disaster).  However, if the rift hadn't existed, the situations with griefing wouldn't be this way.  At least, would some other system make the effects of griefing as bad as they are now?  It doesn't sound likely.  So, the rift still gets serious blame, since that system won't work well with the social dynamics of the game.  The rift system enables people to grief the same towns over and over again apparently.  Therefore, the rift idea should get canned.

Also, the whole idea of fences or walls around towns as 'interesting' or 'good' should get thrown out.  Walled towns were needed, from what I hear, after the 'come together' disaster.  In that situation also, griefing had too big of an effect.  Thus, needing walled towns make for a sign that griefing has gotten too high.  Therefore, walled towns make for a fundamental flaw in the vision for the game.

Oh, and yes, check the trailer.  Walled towns have made for part of Jason's vision.  And it's Jason's vision here that even more fundamentally is the problem, and he needs to hear it, as that's the only way he can give up on such as a good idea, by recognizing it as a problem.  The low numbers also show that Jason's vision has serious flaws.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-08-11 04:16:40)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#25 2019-08-11 04:24:52

Mr meeseeks

kubassa wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:

Why are you using "WE" in your statement.... You can ask for one. Stop trying to force others to share your opinion. Please get your refund and leave. Thanks.

Until you can learn basic grammar... Your opinion doesn't matter...

Please read my comments before replying to them. I clearly said that I hope Jason fixes the game.

In what way have I forced anything on anyone? Please be more specific.

Or just don't reply at all. That would be preferable. This is a place for intelligent conversation.

Board footer