One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-10 20:29:47

DestinyCall

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

The current state of the game reminds me of this movie.  A desolate world, patrolled by crazy psycopaths, populated by a few pockets of "civilization".  Everyone tearing each other apart as they desperately fight over the last scraps of gas, water, iron, whatever.  Human nature, both the best and the worst aspects of it, laid bare by extreme circumstances.   

I think I might just do a Mad Max movie marathon this weekend instead of playing more OHOL.

#2 2019-08-10 21:15:14

OminousBladeBlank

Re: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

hell yeah. once you leave a town the shit is like 'the road'

'well son, i hear things are better in the east. hope we don't starve.'

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#3 2019-08-11 03:07:26

kubassa
Banned

It's too bad you can't make mad max roadsters....... Have a "blood bag" on the front of your car..... I would make one of my kids have that job.

I got huge ballz.

#4 2019-08-11 15:14:14

WalrusesConquer

I played as a nomad today. Towns had no food so my family kept running. I met this guy called Ben Colo as a toddler and we walked from bush to bush. Eventually we entered the badlands. There were pines everywhere so I stopped to catch up with him.
A flicker of movement
A lady and her daughter popiped out baring swords. Ben was the only one of us with a weapon. He fought them off as they tried to stabe us. But it wasn't enough. I stabbed the mom, but shed alreadying hurt ben.
Her daughter kept trying to pick up the sword before running off.
We both lost someone that day

I went onwards determined not to die. I owed it to Ben. I named my kids after him but eventually we got split off.

As my hair turned grey, I found a town. It had berries! Actual domestic ones! And even better some granskids of mine came in, and I was reunited with my daughter! She went grey but you know what? We had found a home.
And that's what mattered most
TL;DR it's kind of sad that now we live in a wasteland where everyone is just trying to live for one more minute.

Me: (cloud charles)
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5140508

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2019-08-11 15:46:57

ollj

obvious, its like that as soon as you connect 2 cities in the rift with a road.
that road becomes deadly, and likely one of the 2 cities changes a lot after being raided a lot.

Board footer