One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-08 08:44:05

Baker

Change my mind

Anybody who partakes in raiding/killing towns are just trying to satisfy their own bloodlust.

Last edited by Baker (2019-08-08 08:44:36)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#2 2019-08-08 08:45:09

lilbogrusboi

Re: Change my mind

yep

I'm still lagging

#3 2019-08-08 08:48:33

sigmen4020

Agreed. They like ruining others experience for their own twisted fun.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-08 08:50:47)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#4 2019-08-08 11:43:05

WalrusesConquer

+1

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2019-08-08 12:22:39

schmloo

I don’t like it but I also don’t blame them at this point. No content as promised. If they want to take advantage of the many shit and badly implemented mechanics in the game then I honestly won’t stand in their way.

As for content, I don’t know about you lot, but I’d prefer fewer, content rich updates rather than unimportant and hardly game-changing ones.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#6 2019-08-08 12:50:54

Dantox

Dont blame the player, blame the game

make bread, no war

#7 2019-08-08 13:35:49

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Yep.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#8 2019-08-08 14:19:17

MistressZues

I wholeheartedly agree.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#9 2019-08-08 19:31:52

Karrots

I disagree. You don't know what that person is like irl, but when it's your family line vs theirs because your villages are nearby its better to make the first move to ensuring your survival. If you don't your town will eventually be the one dominated. I've never participated in one, but I understand why someone might.

#10 2019-08-08 22:53:19

Luniatji

I disagree with you Karrots. Killing a family only ensues hate towards your own family (because you are the one who killed a whole family) and thus making it more likely that:

1. People will hunt your family back, because you killed them.
2. People will hunt your family back, even if the original raiders are dead and thus ending your line
3. People won't play in your family/with you because you were that person/your family were the persons who killed a whole family.

Who are you to decide that your family is more important than mine, and thus we shall die? Who are you to decide that you need the iron/tools/water/buckets/whatever more than us, and thus that it is "fair" to steal? Who are you to decide that, because you are "lucky" enough to be born into family A one life, families B and C don't matter and thus can be die off? In short, who are you to decide that YOUR game is more important than the game of EVERYONE ELSE you raid; killing them or 'only stealing tools' or 'kill all the sheep because reeee'? You only life one hour, at most, and after that you are part of another family.. You are not the one who could decide that he is better than everyone else, because you 'feel like it'.

(And yes, I see you don't raid.. but I say this to you since you brought it up.)

So yeah, I agree that people killing/raiding towns are doing that because of their bloodthirsty. (And big ego's, but thats another story.)

#11 2019-08-09 01:28:13

Villas

Luniatji wrote:

I disagree with you Karrots. Killing a family only ensues hate towards your own family (because you are the one who killed a whole family) and thus making it more likely that:

It’s true, some weeks ago I played in a fenced village with one gate. Neighbors, stole our iron and whatsoever, after some years they trapped us inside the fences using ovens. We couldn’t even make a picaxe. They killed people outside  and just roamed around fences, my own family killed me to save food, then I was born in raiders’ town, a lot of babies there, probably people from my town. Later this town turned in a big mess, people stealing iron, hiding pads, murdering own family. Perhaps it was a reaction generated by the “raid”.

Last Twisted vídeo he was killed by sword and then he was born in murder’s town as well and he tried to curse the murder, so it’s also a reaction, you get curses without knowing.

#12 2019-08-09 14:15:58

WumboJumbo

They are merely protesting.

#13 2019-08-09 16:37:32

testo

Disagree, there can be no real bloodlust in a game. They are mostly repressed kids that find the one place where they can use power to inflict harm to others. Griefers don´t kill to make their family last longer or because they win resources, they kill because IRL they don´t have a way to express the anger. So basically they are pussies IRL that need somewhere to steam off (most of the time they are so family/school/social repressed IRL that they can´t even show anger). They don´t care about the game, they don´t care about their ingame life. They care to make you miserable IRL.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#14 2019-08-10 01:35:20

Baker

testo wrote:

Disagree, there can be no real bloodlust in a game. They are mostly repressed kids that find the one place where they can use power to inflict harm to others. Griefers don´t kill to make their family last longer or because they win resources, they kill because IRL they don´t have a way to express the anger. So basically they are pussies IRL that need somewhere to steam off (most of the time they are so family/school/social repressed IRL that they can´t even show anger). They don´t care about the game, they don´t care about their ingame life. They care to make you miserable IRL.

Isn't that more or less the same as bloodlust. The desire to kill others in the game just because they enjoy it.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#15 2019-08-10 02:14:19

testo

Baker wrote:
testo wrote:

Isn't that more or less the same as bloodlust. The desire to kill others in the game just because they enjoy it.

Maybe I just took bloodlust too literally.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer