One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 08:21:49

Morti

I make roads and wells across the land, please, try to understand,

if you are born my child, I want to care for you.
I want you to survive and have been born free, outside of the fences people think they need to make around their towns.
I will do what I can to get you clothed with what I know surrounds us, but it's not always easy out here.
Just know that I do love you; you are the opposite of a burden, you are a welcome respite from the duty I feel to bring the whole world together.
I want you to be sure you know you are welcome in my life, and I apologize if you don't survive long enough to help, or, find a town, to call your home.

If I have seen you, I know when you pass away, and I know most of the children born to be, while collecting stones and flat rocks, for the wells and roads, do not make it past 10 or so, most of you don't make it to old age, and I'm sorry for that.

I'm sorry that some of you have tried to start new camps, near the roads and wells that I was working on while you were born, and many of you have been killed by other players that do not understand what we are doing; trying to spread life, across the world. I admire that so many of you have offered to help me, and I am sorry I didn't manage to get some of you to the homes I told you I came from.

But some of you have worked with me till you did reach old age.
Some of you made it to my old homes, and had families.
Some of you went on to live in other towns, and your children were responsible for peace, between families.

--

I want to share with you, a vision I have, of our current situation.
When all the springs are wells, and the 8 branches of the roads are complete, I want to focus on making new homes, maybe so we have 8 good homes, maybe 16, maybe even 24....

Something like this, is what I imagine we could be capable of in the near future.

6MNCIdu.png

24 towns, all with multiple wells. Buildings centered between 2, 3 or even 4 wells, with farms surrounding places for people to store food, and clothing, and gather together, in warmth.

Then those towns can connect with their neighbors, perhaps, something like this.

w2bMpHx.png

but the towns can each be unique, to their inhabitants, each with their own layouts, tailored, to the biomes and availability of water, that surrounds them.

Right now, one thing is for sure though, we are not a lot of people. The numbers of us are dwindling, as they have in the past, and right now, 24 towns might seem like a situation we may never reach. Even with 100 people, that just leaves 4 per town, village and camp, and half of us, tend not to stay in one place for long.

We like to travel, we like to mingle, we like to see the changes of the world that occurred in previous lives. We like to see new places, and places we haven't been in ages. We have projects, across the map, and so we need to get around. We need speed, warmth and food, to accompany us on our journeys. And this is why I make roads and wells, this is why, in many lives, I have brought in dozens of horses, and why I have made massive milkweed farms, for lassos and carts. I'd love to make giant milkweed farms again, perhaps when the eight paths are complete.

I know there are still many places where there are 4, 6, even more piles of untouched soil, that could be turned into lassos and ropes, for carts, buckets and boxes, in far fewer lives than the roads and wells have taken, but the roads and wells are infrastructures, that will support those, and all sorts of your projects. Right now they feel a little more important than milkweed. Besides, some of you may want to use those patches of soil to start new farms, to bring life to to the small camps and to support families of your own, for as long as the world allows. I want to make that possible, for all of you.

I'd like, if you would help, make that possible, for everyone.

As I said, there aren't many of us left. 100, becomes 50, 50 becomes 25, and eventually, we're going to be our own grandmothers, and Eves, and we'll just take turns, being the mother and the child. Perhaps, before we are down to so few, we can make this place warm and inviting, where new and returning players, feel welcome, to work together, to raise families, and to share loving stories, like so many of us want to do, again, and again.

Thank you, children, for letting me pick you up, and hold you in my arms.

Thank you, for doing the same.

#2 2019-08-06 16:39:07

ollj

Re: I make roads and wells across the land, please, try to understand,

bears need no wells and will dominate most towns.

#3 2019-08-06 23:42:05

DestinyCall

ollj wrote:

bears need no wells and will dominate most towns.

Every town needs a nursery lined with warm bear rugs.   The bears have their place.

#4 2019-08-07 00:41:07

ollj

where do you find all these round stones?

Board footer