One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-02 15:06:21

voy178

Paper merchant: round 2

Part one: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7512

I, Heron Hi, spawned in the old Abram settlement, now owned by the Hi clan. There I found the paper merchant kit I had lost previously mostly intact.

My old uncle Tyra Goda was a cousin of mine, Fouda Hi, in this life, and by coincidence, we met up there. She was too old to go the journey but had begun to assemble the kit. I took it over with her blessing and went on my merry way.

I met up with the Whislers in the south of the old decayed Goda settlement. They were so excited when they saw me. One of theirs shouted with joy after he had read my note. He first offered me a pie, I made a sad face. Then two pies (all whilst avoiding one of their hostile members) but it wasn't enough. Three pies, nope. Finally, I was offered three iron, which is a super deal, with a huge loss for them and I would have given them all of my paper for it if it weren't for their guards being so pointy-ouch-ouch.

I went north above the Godas and found the old Cola / Firestone settlement, now inhabited by the Hope family. The kids were happy to see me but too young to fully get the message from my notes. The adults wouldn't read the notes for some reason. No deal.

Went home to show the gain I had made. The settlement was filled with drama and Fouda Hi died bloody moments after I arrived. Shame. My clansmen got the iron and I headed out again...

So then I found the Codes, but they ignored me. I couldn't find another settlement that could trade with afterwards so I retired.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5090194

Last edited by voy178 (2019-08-02 15:10:22)

#2 2019-08-02 15:56:16

schmloo

Re: Paper merchant: round 2

I saw the iron in the horse, after I got stabbed by the no relation, and I was so proud! Trading is a true in-game art form, and paves way for loads of awesome stories — just need to make it worthwhile now.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#3 2019-08-02 23:04:29

Psykout

Re: Paper merchant: round 2

Might be slightly discouraging but I say keep it up. Perhaps try with different goods? Something useful to different stages of camps.

At some point you almost have to let go of getting something good in return, and just get reward in the adventure.

Trade the paper for some iron/steel and make them into starter tool heads. Trade the tool heads for rope and milkweed seeds from a newer camp that hasn't cleaned out the area. Trade the rope and seeds to a bigger town that ran out of seeds and will take both for some iron. Repeat the cycle. Or just travel the world and gather it yourself. I could totally see a trader strolling up with a cart full of backpacks full of a variety of things.

Just being able to understand "Peace" "Trade" "Okay?" "Thanks" plus actions like picking up and dropping objects and asking "okay?" Would facilitate pretty decent trade. Would love to see it happen.

Board footer