One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-01 06:08:12

Psykout

Languages and the rift

Just and inquiry because so much has changed since I put in time, has language changed in any way? I ran into many people earlier when exploring the entire rift to see the new map generation, quite a few were listed as distant relatives with a different surname. Were they just outsiders my mother as a child was around so therefore I understood them as a child? Was the language filter changed in any way? Why were they distant relatives? Whats happening in the code before I experience it as a player? Are we coming together now more than when we lived under an update named in that sake given rifts? I really liked the language update because it was very interesting. Not going to deny I feel like it was overshadowed by swords which were released at the same time - and that the filter was quite intense. Yeah I wished it was something that came across as a heavy accent rather than Swahili, but I digress it was progressive. Was taken aback to seeing someone with a different last name and I got every word despite the fact I left home at 3 to see the world.

#2 2019-08-01 06:32:29

BladeWoods

Re: Languages and the rift

Distant relatives are the same family as you. They're just really removed, at some point instead of saying 36th cousin the game just says distant relative.

People in the same family can have different last names. I think this happens when nobody names a kid, and the last name gets lost then.

Board footer