One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-31 23:36:16

ollj

mixed mess

after the slinker capital was raided to death, we have a mixed messy state in a 1k² area, where people meet very quickly

there are 2 different [sky] families.
one of them long ago adopted a slinker, and they thrive, mostly, at least in 2 towns.
the other of them long ago adopted a eis, this family now holds at least 6 cities, over and 12 bows and arrows in total, 5 of these cities are close to the northern border, one of them more south, with large ruins west of it.
i know its 6+1 because i spend one life after the raid to visit many locations, and i just kept meeting family members, as after this war cvampaign, babies just boomed in 3 towns, and they qucikly spread out to all nearby known places, usually dominating with weapons.

the southern area of this map is eerily void of larger constructions. its like a magical pull to the north happened all the time.

in a city very close to the northern boorder those 2 mixed fams coexist.
people there agree to "not kill off others to prevent a reset"

but every now and then someone with a warsword outside of town can just kill someone of the other family.
basd_feeling.jpg

this state sure is "war swords are exclusively for greedy grief".
and if you wish to raid a smaller city of 4, you can do this easily, killing 4,and they may not give much resistance, in this mixed mess of confusion, due to sky-name impostors.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-31 23:39:00)

#2 2019-07-31 23:41:22

Thaulos

Re: mixed mess

Lineage surnames might need to be kept somehow. Or, if upon naming, no lineage surname exists (maybe eve never named herself) maybe one could be assigned randomly from the last name list.

#3 2019-07-31 23:50:56

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I'm about to update it so that ware swords can be nullified if you speak the same language.  The peace treaty update.

#4 2019-08-01 01:39:39

ollj

oh that sounds promising.

right now, northeast corner has this mixed mess town, its like a grief andd hope magnet, a constant stream of people moving there, often in larger groups. and a lot less people moving away from it, so its more a death trap in the long run.

meanwhile near south has 2 mostly pillaged empty ruins with some oil technology. not sure what happened there, seems abandoned for no great reason. maybe this locale jist got old and depleted the fastest. this could explain the drag away from southwest.
the weird pull to north and east sure exists, where all the other corners are full of milkweed, turkeys and renegades that kill on sight, northeast corner usually lacks turkeys and rabbits.

"iris slinker" was dumb enough to plot a genocide at the campfire in mixed town of NE corner, very slowly, and provocative, till one of the other family came with 2 war swords to kill the naive newbies, and then it was a free for all witrh 17 deaths in NE corner town. this most likely killed off the "slinker" family name.
but all the "free cloth" was sure to attract a wave of migrants to NE, in groups of up to 4 people at once, of both families, but no mmore slinkering.

Last edited by ollj (2019-08-01 01:53:28)

#5 2019-08-01 02:24:38

Jojigirl

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm about to update it so that ware swords can be nullified if you speak the same language.  The peace treaty update.

Thank you for this!! This should cut down on people getting stabby! I hate when someone decides to kill another woman and her child off because they are not the same family... I just had a life where the woman got killed, and a few people wanted to kill her daughter as well.. I warned them that anyone who touched her daughter would get killed by me.. I became her protector.  Interesting? Yes, but I had many other things I had on my "to-do list" that needed done that no one else was getting done! I couldn't focus on that because I was focused on her survival.  I don't like bullies or discrimination, so that took priority even though the town was in need of multiple things.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2019-08-01 02:31:02)

Board footer