A cool, weird, and maybe harmless bug?

Turned of my PC in a rush last night. Turned it back on and saw this:

You died

Cause: Connection Lost

[Ok]

I tell my children, "suck ma mammal juice". Then they do and I get cornūy

#2 2018-03-26 02:05:29

btn

Re: A cool, weird, and maybe harmless bug?

christ, you became a god. lived a millennia and only died because you couldn't stay tethered to the mortal realm any longer.

nice.

#3 2018-03-26 02:12:21

Eannatum

You know, one thing this game does not have is religion. Religion is what inspired art. It would be cool to have paintings and songs passed down to later generations. That way, both the village and the village's culture survives. Maybe having books or shamans (the prehistoric religious figure in society) who tell the village's history. Maybe, a code of laws, written in obsidian! Now, the village, the culture, and the politics of the village survive to the younger generations.

#4 2018-03-26 04:04:00

Avalikia

If you want religion in the game, you could always make one...

#5 2018-03-26 05:05:04

lesslucid

Don't lots of people already worship Carrot God? 

You'd think that Milkweed God would be a serious rival, but no...

#6 2018-03-26 05:22:21

Thexus

There is only one religion, infidel, and that's Carrot God.

(we memed at least 5 religions on the discord server so far tho, carrotism, berrislam, pieism, haressy, fireism..., they all have at least 2 members each, Carrotism has around 10-12)

-Thexus, archpriest of Carrotville

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#7 2018-03-26 06:42:19

Traddy

Respect the Holy Berry Bush. It is the only true deity.

Charles Hart - Killed by Silvia Hart
Final words: "I have the knife"
––––––––––––––––––––––
UnregisteredAccount

#8 2018-03-26 11:55:04

Eannatum

May I propose a religion worshiping my long life?

#9 2018-03-26 16:07:39

aPlanetaryCitizen

Eannatum wrote:

Religion is what inspired art.

well, I think religion is what COMMISSIONED art, so technically money inspired art. mostly.

I bet Michelangelo would have happily painted the sistine chapel with thousands of dicks, if paid well enough! Sure, there are cases in which true belief of the artist inspired his art but mostly in more recent times or way in the past I think... Not in the middle ages

#10 2018-03-26 16:18:35

Eannatum

aPlanetaryCitizen wrote:
Eannatum wrote:

well, I think religion is what COMMISSIONED art, so technically money inspired art. mostly.

I bet Michelangelo would have happily painted the sistine chapel with thousands of dicks, if paid well enough! Sure, there are cases in which true belief of the artist inspired his art but mostly in more recent times or way in the past I think... Not in the middle ages

But... We're still in cave age. Not medieval. If you look at cave art, you'll see that they paint animals and shamans (animals were the personification of prehistoric gods) so no. Money didn't inspire art originally. Religion did. We don't even have a barter system in the game. Y u speak money?

#11 2018-03-26 17:10:11

The Person In Yellow

aPlanetaryCitizen wrote:
Eannatum wrote:

Whatever the most powerful influence was at the time the piece was made
Greco-Roman culture inspired art around the renaissance (the time of Michelangelo) as well as religion. The wealthy families, such as the grandfathers of the renaissance the Medici family, supported artists through patronage, giving the artists money to create art and become popular. These investments were not financially sound and were an attempt to ride on the fame of the artists as a Patron of the artist; If the artist failed, there would be no fame or money to be had.
Europeans rediscovered Greco-Roman culture during the renaissance, that had not been used for centuries, and inspired the Statue of David and other full statues of people as an artistic design. It also inspired the use of curved arches in use of construction of architecture.
Money propelled but the world inspired.
Look at Andy Warhol and his soup can art
Look at Modern Art

Last edited by The Person In Yellow (2018-03-26 17:12:05)

#12 2018-03-26 17:44:35

Eannatum

I know how money and art works. I'm saying that money can't apply to this game for the moment. So using Renaissance and medieval examples are automatically invalid. Additionally, it's not what this thread is about.

#13 2018-03-26 18:26:16

EaterOfBerries

Eannatum wrote:

Turned of my PC in a rush last night. Turned it back on and saw this:

You died

Cause: Connection Lost

[Ok]

A similar thing happens when you watch the playback of a game. My guess is that it just records the time at your birth, and when displaying your age it just does the math using the current time.

#14 2018-03-26 19:01:46

aPlanetaryCitizen

The Person In Yellow wrote:

Money propelled but the world inspired.

Yes, that's the thing

The Person In Yellow wrote:

Look at Andy Warhol and his soup can art
Look at Modern Art

and yes, I agree about modern and prehistoric art, and that's why I said "in more recent times or way in the past"

But anyway I feel like in very few occasions in human history (before "modern" art I guess) someone started making a difficult and time consuming piece of art just because of his own belief or some state of religious enlightement. Making art used to be hard fkin work and, well work has to be payed. And if well payed, then it's probably going to be quite a better work. In that sense it's a catalyst and an "inspiration". That's all I'm saying...
Anyway I was just trying to spice the discussion up a little, you know... Not trying to suggest things for the game, neither to be blasphemous or disrespectful

Oh, and to get on topic again:
1) cool bug
2) religions in the game are cool but just a little silly for now imho, since there are so few people and they are not... uuuh... RNG based. You see, there's no need to praise a carrot god since we all know perfectly the timing of carrot growth and seeding. For example, if we relied on thunders to start a fire, then it would make perfect sense to invoke a thunder god, since the appearance of a thunder would be totally random, and it actually striking would be great luck, OR a great miracle. Same thing with rain if we relied on it for watering in lack of water sources.

Maybe you could pray carrot god when looking for seeds in the wild, but the lack of them is usually caused by players, not rng, so...
Did I explain myself?... I dont know... Sorry for mistakes if there's any. Not native english

Last edited by aPlanetaryCitizen (2018-03-26 19:16:43)

#15 2018-03-26 20:16:01

EvilBlackCat

aPlanetaryCitizen wrote:
Eannatum wrote:

Well he pretty much did cover it in dicks but it wasn't because they wanted him to. He disliked the church and also thought that his being asked to paint when he was a sculptor and not a painter was an intentional attempt to make him fail in a very visible way. A lot of the imagery and symbolism in the Sistine Chapel composition actually angered the church. Pope Paul IV felt that he was suggesting people did not need the church but could commune with God directly. He suspended Michelangelo's pension and even had fig leaves painted on some of the nudes.

I think that's actually a pretty good example of an artists inspiration transcending their desire to be paid.

But back on topic I've only seen that when I replay a recorded game. I've apparently lived on well past my original death by thousands of years.

Last edited by EvilBlackCat (2018-03-26 20:25:25)

Board footer