One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-31 03:31:13

Lava

So No more Permanant Towns?

After this fiasco Is over will we be able to escape the rift? Because all im concerned about is how my grandchildren or my descendants fair of, not a reset because my niece had seven kids. In real life towns survive much longer but in the rift, towns die because of a lack of iron. And iron does cause a civilization to die if their is non because iron is the foundation for all other branches of society to progress. people wont be able to eat complex food which would limit yum and then would resort to berries. after all the berries are gone the mayhem begins. The hammers were able to survive because of the iron from the outside, and although it did delay your experiment, You just saw the foundation of trade and a society viable in a no iron rift. I hope the planes will be added back to get us out of the rift once your experimentation is done.

#2 2019-07-31 05:13:22

BladeWoods

Re: So No more Permanant Towns?

We've never had permanent towns.

#3 2019-07-31 05:25:04

Lava

BladeWoods wrote:

We've never had permanent towns.

They were always repopulated some where lost but when they lasted they ha dplenty of resources.

#4 2019-07-31 05:32:48

Morti

and there never will be a permanent town, city, nation or country, on Planet Earth, or anywhere else in the universe for that matter.

Little by little, more and more, we are going to shred, rip and tear away chunks of this planet and send them out into space.

As the Sun continues to expand, we will lower the mass of this planet and allow it to drift out, further and further, and unless in the next 5 billion years we find a way to engineer stars, the Sun will go Nova after the gravitational force of the heavy elements accumulating at it's core, pull in the outermost layer and send it hurtling in all directions through the solar system. What's left in this proximity will recollect and form a white dwarf.

But chances are we won't let that happen. We, life, and all the species more intelligent than present day humans, will find ways to engineer this star, along with many more, long before it has the chance to fail on us.

#5 2019-07-31 06:00:04

Lava

Morti wrote:

and there never will be a permanent town, city, nation or country, on Planet Earth, or anywhere else in the universe for that matter.

Little by little, more and more, we are going to shred, rip and tear away chunks of this planet and send them out into space.

As the Sun continues to expand, we will lower the mass of this planet and allow it to drift out, further and further, and unless in the next 5 billion years we find a way to engineer stars, the Sun will go Nova after the gravitational force of the heavy elements accumulating at it's core, pull in the outermost layer and send it hurtling in all directions through the solar system. What's left in this proximity will recollect and form a white dwarf.

But chances are we won't let that happen. We, life, and all the species more intelligent than present day humans, will find ways to engineer this star, along with many more, long before it has the chance to fail on us.

ofc not permanent this is a game and by perm I meant long lasting

#6 2019-07-31 06:05:37

NoTruePunk

Jason says no more permanent towns also we're in the future

#7 2019-07-31 06:10:31

jasonrohrer
Administrator

There have never been permanent towns, except maybe in the very beginning (15 months ago) but that got stale after about 2 weeks.

So we haven't had permanent towns for about 14 months.

The rift and everything that I'm working on now is moving TOWARD more permanence.  So that there can be a permanent civ developing over 4-6 days, or however long you can keep it going.

#8 2019-07-31 06:14:20

InSpace

Oboy, those early towns. Oooooboy they were tedious

#9 2019-07-31 06:22:43

Morti

#10 2019-07-31 11:28:53

Lava

jasonrohrer wrote:

There have never been permanent towns, except maybe in the very beginning (15 months ago) but that got stale after about 2 weeks.

So we haven't had permanent towns for about 14 months.

The rift and everything that I'm working on now is moving TOWARD more permanence.  So that there can be a permanent civ developing over 4-6 days, or however long you can keep it going.

Your right the correct title should be long lasting

Board footer