One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-30 02:11:17

Warumono

The game is not fun right now.

There are way too many children/people being spawned in to one tiny area. I had 12 children in one 'life time' and didn't even get to live to old age. Food goes by much too quickly because of this (and yes, I'm aware you maybe shouldn't let all children live. But 12 in just a few years is way too much). You can't even keep up with making clothing because they run off to try and help and die too young. And on top of it, there is a massive influx of griefers for whatever reason. I usually sit down and play a few games a week and every life I tried to play for the past several hours has ended with murder or starvation.

Not sure what happened, but it's not even enjoyable in the least bit. And I usually can make do with whatever updates happen. This is just bad.

#2 2019-07-30 18:46:58

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: The game is not fun right now.

Working on it!

#3 2019-07-30 19:37:25

arkajalka

Yap i found the current state unejoyable too. You have to work twice as hard than before to make village prosper. Thats a huge burden on more experienced players. Also found myself just going nuts and grieffing stuff after a while of trying to actually benefit the society. Its like "well f*** this, this aint never gonna work". You dont see any progress, everything is in scrambles, you are surrounded with munchers that cant support themselfs. People are forging knifes and making arrows cause theres so much grieffers around instead of making tools or advanced water tech.

So instead of playing and going mental i just choose not to and take a peak once in a while. Actually had a really nice life yesterday outside the rift.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-07-30 19:37:37)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#4 2019-07-30 20:04:35

ArcticFox

arkajalka wrote:

Actually had a really nice life yesterday outside the rift.

Same here, but at first I didn't even realize I was outside the rift because I hadn't played much after the insane baby boom. I thought well, this isn't so bad! Maybe things have cooled down! I had a productive life farming and made friends. Then it dawned on me that I was actually outside the rift. I then played a few games inside and got murdered twice as a kid, everything was so bad. Haven't played since.

#5 2019-07-30 21:27:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Again, working on it night and day to fix it.

I get that it sucks right now!

#6 2019-07-30 21:32:36

arkajalka

Yes i get that you are working on it. Thats why i try to give some feedback. Maybe it always doesnt hit the point and goess over the top like everything in life.

The thing is that by making it harder you actually make it too hardcore grind for experienced players. Usually in village a good player support like 10 or more people. By tweaking the stats the burden on the more capable players reaches its cap where its not even fun to provide for the people, just insane labour trying to keep everyone aliwe and still see them die an wither. Theres a thin line when providing prosperity transforms into slave labour.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-07-30 21:36:33)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

#7 2019-07-30 21:39:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

People are outside the rift right now, thought, right?

So I have a little time...

This isn't an emergency, and they're going to be mad when I reset it anyway!

#8 2019-07-30 21:41:15

Saolin

Yeah I haven't played since Friday night and I don't plan to until after the next update. Game just feels futile right now.

#9 2019-07-30 21:43:51

arkajalka

XD, Probably, so. Dunno since i dropped my game hours a lot cause the current state is just too much work and just escaping the current state to the outside world doesnt feel right. I've always enjoyed the resets, when they are not too often. Building up from scratch is one of the best parts.

Board footer