One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-27 11:17:06

Lava

Sweet Nomads

I was Born to my mom and my name was bethel Wolf. Me, my mom and my sister had enough of our village and since water ran out, we decided to venture out into the world. As we went on, my mother and sister kept having babies and since a town couldn't support us, we went traveling feeding our babies berries and giving them baskets to hold. We went from dead town to dead town draining their berries and feeding our people. It was great. All the babies stayed because of the three baby policy which was killing them in the main towns and we went out venturing north east for greener pastures. I had multiple kids, and instead of a small group of five, we quickly turned into ten people. My mother lived a beautiful life and said keep moving right before she died,  as we decided we would see all sides of the map. Along the way, we saw a mother straggling along with her two children through the savannah. When she saw our herd her initial response "was wtf is going on and wth are you guys doing?". We explained to her that we were nomads traveling to see the rifts and she quickly joined our pact.

As our numbers grew my sister died of old age with a smile on her face and I still had thirteen more minutes to live. I then became the leader of the group. We eventually picked up a cart filled with food and moved towards the west. We kept saying "forward!" and "only the strong live!" to keep everyone together. Our population stabilized as many children were not playing it smart with food or strayed from the group. We eventually came upon a desert and our only option was to cross it. This proved disastrous. Half our population died of starvation since our women kept having girls which slowed our progress, and I was old and died not before passing the rabbit hat of power to my son which was given to me by my mother.

The women who joined our group died to a bear in the desert while saying this is the most fun she had since the update and although admitting her skepticism of our lifestyle she followed by saying she  loved it. I then spawned back into the tribe, this time as my daughters child.

My name was Hovannes Wolf and as we exited the desert we finally reached the western rift and came upon a feast of berries were we regrouped and quickly regrew our population. My son from the previous life then said " The weak died, and the strong lived" as he lead the herd southwards were our population then doubled. I saved a straggler and quickly joined up with the rest of the group as we praised our nomadic life and laughed at our distant cousins for living in towns which cant support them for much longer. We boasted that we embrace our children not kill them as we continued to flourish. My younger sister from the previous life then succumbed to death while praising our nomadic lifestyle. I was proud of my children and their dedication to this lifestyle. Life was great as we continued to grow our population. As we reached the southern rift we celebrated while we feasted on a ginormous berry field. we  then continued to the east were we were greeted by a murder marker with a man saying "help!!!" as an arrow was stuck to his chest. we rushed north only to see an old women say "WTF" and we explained to her we were nomads.  we saw a whole civ behind her and we continued north. We came across the biggest city in the world and the people "What the fuck". It was the three baby policy town.

I quickly insisted we leave but our nomadic group integrated with the people and many people were lost in the city. We lost 2/3 of our population as the rest of us continued east leaving behind the traitorous nomads who stayed in the city. By the time we reached the eastern rift, there were only five of us. Most of our people were the originals who were getting very old including my son in the previous life which I gave leadership too. we reached the eastern rift wall and started dieing as the elders said praise be the nomads or "continue northbound!!"  My son who leaded our people then succumbed to old age before reaching the northern rift. We still had two fertile females and continued north only giving birth to boys. As we reached the northern rift I realized our journey our ancestors made was over. We travelled all four rifts with ups and downs but finally managed to do it. I said to my boys "now , we head west bound " But after my previous life's sons death it went downhill. Our last elder died  and a bear blocked our route and one misclick sent me to my death. We only had one female left as I desperately kept slash dying to get to her. By the time I was born to her, it was too late. She went into the bear and succumbed to her wounds. I was a boy and our last female died. her boys fed me but I knew it was over. Our nomadic life which lasted five generations came to an end. At first I was sad that our people died, but I knew we finished our task my mother sent me on. I was proud of our people and how determined we where to survive. But like all good things, they must come to an end. Thank you for reading my nomadic story.

Last edited by Lava (2019-07-27 11:19:40)

#2 2019-07-27 19:01:19

AmberA

Re: Sweet Nomads

That's awesome! Your attempt worked out way better than mine. I had decided that I would make a BP before going on my nomad journey and making that from scratch tool too long because it included creating finding enough milkweed for string and a rope for the fire bow drill and hatchet needed to cook a rabbit to get the needle. As I was building the BP, I had a daughter who kept asking "where is home?" and I'd tell her we don't have one, I'm a nomad.  She wanted a city life so we wished each other luck and she left me. As I finished off my bp and headed out I ran into my daughter and her two children. I tried to warn her that there wasn't iron or much food in the area that it was better to keep moving but they wanted to stay with their tiny berry farm. Which they quickly depleted and starved. At this point I was too old for any more kids so I think if I try nomadism again then I'll wait till I have kids and they are older and we can slowly work on building clothes on the go.

#3 2019-07-28 01:20:32

This is my response to Lava's heartfelt story about their nomad adventure. A story of my own, from the perspective of me being her mother smile

[I was going for a try to explain motivations for everything and how much it meant approach idk if i did it well tho XD. But I tried]

There once was a frightened young girl, she came into the world crying, at the top of her impressively developed infant lungs. She was born in front of a hot and raging fire, in front of the fire, were three other young and frightened beings, just like her. Her mother looked sad, as a young male approached. "Only one!", he says.

Right in front of her eyes, the young girl watched as the three other children at the fire, dropped like flies, her sister clutched tightly within her mothers arms. The young man walked away appeased, as she let out a weak "F", her hunger having dropped to a measly one bar, not having much hope that it would be answered.

But, to her surprise, without the watchful gaze of the man, her mother immediately swept her up in an life saving embrace, a frown on her face "I don't like this she said", as she walked the girl to a nearby snow filled biome, unhappy at being forced to hurt the ones she had so lovingly birthed.

Safe at last, the girl mumbled "N A M E M E" her mother looked around, and said "You are Snowy" and from that day forward, the girl wasn't just a girl anymore, she was officially part of the family, she was Snowy Wolf.

Still young yet, the woman walked Snowy back to camp, and was met by the angry face of the ever so watchful man. "I said only one!", she patiently explained, that Snowy's sister had died so that I was needed, and by some miracle, this appeased the man.

He left, and never came back.

Snowy's mother rejoiced, and by then it was time for Snowy to move from infancy to childhood, her spot being instantly filled by a new brother, who was welcomed by Snowy's newly liberated mother with joy.

Snowy was glad that she had such a family, but immediately saw it wouldn't remain that way for long. She watched as her Mother and four siblings huddled around the fire, as the trees turned black, and everyone began to slowly die.

Snowy knew she had todo something!

She wasn't a mother yet, but she couldn't help but think about making sure her future children had a good, long, and happy life. It pained her to accept, but that wasn't something she could find at a home that was heading to a very harsh and rapid decline, so she set out into the wilderness, barley finding some wild food to feed herself as she left the threshold of her former home.

She knew her only way to keep everyone alive was to move, and to never stop moving.

With a snare she had brought with her, she caught enough rabbits to make a bag, she had just finished when her first child was born, as she embraced them and gave them some clothes that she had on hand that could be spared, she filled her backpack, and explained to them her nomad lifestyle.

She did her best for her children always, and whoever wanted to stay, she took care of as best as she could. She loved all of them, and wanted to show them the benefits of a nomad life. Keeping them fed with bush upon wild bush.

She was glad to see everyone grow up to be happy and healthy. Some left to pursue independence like her daughter Hannahmae, and others stayed like daughter Bethel and son Carlota[Who was taken away from them due to yellow fever way too young sad ]. What started small became bigger and bigger as more and more individuals filled with nomadic potential were born into the world, and were all welcomed will open arms.

She led and kept her family safe, till her very last breath, giving them everything that she possibly could, till she could no longer. Tearfully she said goodbye, she loved every last one of her crazy crew and it was a blast leading them.

She was very proud to see that her children went strong even after she met her grave.

She tried to return to them, but failed and failed. She couldnt go back, but she would never forget their great nomad migration and the memories made.

Thanks for sharing your story Lava, hope you enjoyed my response (Sorry it sucks wasn't as good as your but I tried)

Love you Bethel (And all from our little nomad fam)(PS UR NAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETHANY IDK WHAT HAPPENED XD)

~Sincerly Mom~ [ Or for some later members of the group GMA wink ]

Last edited by 673751 (2019-07-28 01:22:04)

#4 2019-07-28 01:57:42

AmberA

I wish that when you died, you had the option to write anything. Like this. And it could be added to the family tree as an icon. You click in and it opens up whatever they wrote after they died. That would be fun.

#5 2019-07-28 02:46:21

Good idea ^^

#6 2019-07-28 05:39:52

Lava

673751 wrote:

This is my response to Lava's heartfelt story about their nomad adventure. A story of my own, from the perspective of me being her mother smile

[I was going for a try to explain motivations for everything and how much it meant approach idk if i did it well tho XD. But I tried]

There once was a frightened young girl, she came into the world crying, at the top of her impressively developed infant lungs. She was born in front of a hot and raging fire, in front of the fire, were three other young and frightened beings, just like her. Her mother looked sad, as a young male approached. "Only one!", he says.

Right in front of her eyes, the young girl watched as the three other children at the fire, dropped like flies, her sister clutched tightly within her mothers arms. The young man walked away appeased, as she let out a weak "F", her hunger having dropped to a measly one bar, not having much hope that it would be answered.

But, to her surprise, without the watchful gaze of the man, her mother immediately swept her up in an life saving embrace, a frown on her face "I don't like this she said", as she walked the girl to a nearby snow filled biome, unhappy at being forced to hurt the ones she had so lovingly birthed.

Safe at last, the girl mumbled "N A M E M E" her mother looked around, and said "You are Snowy" and from that day forward, the girl wasn't just a girl anymore, she was officially part of the family, she was Snowy Wolf.

Still young yet, the woman walked Snowy back to camp, and was met by the angry face of the ever so watchful man. "I said only one!", she patiently explained, that Snowy's sister had died so that I was needed, and by some miracle, this appeased the man.

He left, and never came back.

Snowy's mother rejoiced, and by then it was time for Snowy to move from infancy to childhood, her spot being instantly filled by a new brother, who was welcomed by Snowy's newly liberated mother with joy.

Snowy was glad that she had such a family, but immediately saw it wouldn't remain that way for long. She watched as her Mother and four siblings huddled around the fire, as the trees turned black, and everyone began to slowly die.

Snowy knew she had todo something!

She wasn't a mother yet, but she couldn't help but think about making sure her future children had a good, long, and happy life. It pained her to accept, but that wasn't something she could find at a home that was heading to a very harsh and rapid decline, so she set out into the wilderness, barley finding some wild food to feed herself as she left the threshold of her former home.

She knew her only way to keep everyone alive was to move, and to never stop moving.

With a snare she had brought with her, she caught enough rabbits to make a bag, she had just finished when her first child was born, as she embraced them and gave them some clothes that she had on hand that could be spared, she filled her backpack, and explained to them her nomad lifestyle.

She did her best for her children always, and whoever wanted to stay, she took care of as best as she could. She loved all of them, and wanted to show them the benefits of a nomad life. Keeping them fed with bush upon wild bush.

She was glad to see everyone grow up to be happy and healthy. Some left to pursue independence like her daughter Hannahmae, and others stayed like daughter Bethel and son Carlota[Who was taken away from them due to yellow fever way too young sad ]. What started small became bigger and bigger as more and more individuals filled with nomadic potential were born into the world, and were all welcomed will open arms.

She led and kept her family safe, till her very last breath, giving them everything that she possibly could, till she could no longer. Tearfully she said goodbye, she loved every last one of her crazy crew and it was a blast leading them.

She was very proud to see that her children went strong even after she met her grave.

She tried to return to them, but failed and failed. She couldnt go back, but she would never forget their great nomad migration and the memories made.

Thanks for sharing your story Lava, hope you enjoyed my response (Sorry it sucks wasn't as good as your but I tried)

Love you Bethel (And all from our little nomad fam)(PS UR NAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETHANY IDK WHAT HAPPENED XD)

~Sincerly Mom~ [ Or for some later members of the group GMA wink ]

Amazing story Great to hear of my origins ily Snowy

#7 2019-07-28 18:38:38

Ty. Ly too Bethel lol ^^

#8 2019-07-29 04:02:14

Ein Delone

Lava wrote:

I was Born to my mom and my name was bethel Wolf

Lava, I was max wolf, your nephew in the first life. It's exciting everytime someone retold the story from their pov XD
If I remembered correctly, it was right after the maple fuck-up, every town I born is frustration after frustration. So very glad I sticked with us nomads.

673751 wrote:

Hi grandma *waves* *eats banana*

#9 2019-07-29 04:35:12

Ein Delone wrote:
Lava wrote:

I was Born to my mom and my name was bethel Wolf

Lava, I was max wolf, your nephew in the first life. It's exciting everytime someone retold the story from their pov XD
If I remembered correctly, it was right after the maple fuck-up, every town I born is frustration after frustration. So very glad I sticked with us nomads.

673751 wrote:

Hi grandma *waves* *eats banana*

Hello Grandson smile

Board footer