One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-26 07:00:36

Villas

Being born out of the the rift box

I was born in a village full of people, food, tools. No starvations, no foregeins and a lot of resources.
It was confusing, because my last lives were so hard, no food, a lot of foregeins with bows hunting humans, no food, no iron tools, bones everywhere and no food.

Print of a life inside a 500x500 box (Second life in a row being shot as an  Eve):
3kTzJGo.jpg

I decided to explore a little bit, I heard the Rift-Box was 500x500, so I tried to reach the border, I saw wild resources everywhere, bananas, onions, then I thought "There might be a lot of Rift-Boxes and we born in different ones each time", "It might be a new box" I thought. I kept going north, walked more than 500 tiles and no border, "there might be different sizes". But after 800 tiles, I found no border, after that I headed west and could easily find it after 200 tiles.
GPpoBnU.jpg

I could see some foregeins in the other side, but they didn't saw me. I continued going north, trying to reach the north border. And I found it after going 2000 tiles north from where I was born , but I found the another-side border and then I realized, "They are inside a box, I'm out". I found a bow, tried to shoot animals in the another side, but I couldn't. I saw a guy, he saw me as well, tried to shoot him (for science) but couldn't.

HZSOAnX.jpg

I travelled west trying to find the west border, but died of old age before reaching there. This box seems much larger then. It is at least 2000x1700.

4bop2Zc.jpg

I would like to understand how it works. The size, if there are more than one "Rift-Box" (I don't know the name), if there is a way to going to the other side, because I saw two people apparently from the same family in different sides of the Rift.

lZ3ZK41.jpg

500x500 is too chaotic, but if it is 3000x3000 sounds better. I haven't seen anything about how it works, here in the forum. Is there any topic about it?

#2 2019-07-26 07:15:51

Tarr
Banned

Re: Being born out of the the rift box

Glad you got to get outside of the box. Basically I knew of a bug which would displace babies and teleport them like we used to in the olden days but Jason never bothered to go back and patch. As soon as I seen the wall on S3 I knew I could jump the bad boy and with a small team of players we started releasing a small selection of players out into the real map. Whisler ended up sending kids out of the SE side of the map and Gaylord sent kids out of the NW section of the map.

Is was a pretty fun experience overall and the next game of cat and mouse begins again whenever we're ready or figure out what we want to do.

It was a real team effort and I want to thank everyone who took part. They know who they are and without them we probably would have had an automatic apocalypse trigger.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-07-26 10:19:12

ollj

so, 3 days of coding riddled with already known bugs.

#4 2019-07-26 17:22:38

Villas

Tarr wrote:

Glad you got to get outside of the box. Basically I knew of a bug which would displace babies and teleport them like we used to in the olden days but Jason never bothered to go back and patch. As soon as I seen the wall on S3 I knew I could jump the bad boy and with a small team of players we started releasing a small selection of players out into the real map. Whisler ended up sending kids out of the SE side of the map and Gaylord sent kids out of the NW section of the map.

Is was a pretty fun experience overall and the next game of cat and mouse begins again whenever we're ready or figure out what we want to do.

It was a real team effort and I want to thank everyone who took part. They know who they are and without them we probably would have had an automatic apocalypse trigger.

Haha cool, so my family owe you, 'cuz it was so peaceful outside.

Board footer