One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-25 20:21:00

antking:]#

oceans

so Jason has already said that we couldn't have oceans, because of how map gen works.

how ever the map size is going to shrunk drastically from basically infinite to not infinite so then I thought what if for the borders of said not infinite map what if we put an "ocean" to make then map an island. the tiles would just have to be blue and It would just be a boarder nothing else an infinite blue surrounding the only land. this would kill two birds with one stone! because every 3 weeks  or so some one asks for an ocean and Jason is forced to decline the offer.

by adding the border ocean we could shrink the map and stop the requests for an ocean.... but this could also be a staring block! having randomly generated islands away form the main land! allowing for the thrilling feeling of travelling into a new land.... a new island! which at the end of the day would result in family taking over islands and fighting for the islands inhabited by their neighboring families.

of course this is only a possibility.  and for a finale note I don't like the look of the edge tiles.... https://onetech.info/366-Edge

in short just change edge tiles blue and call them ocean tiles....

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#2 2019-07-25 21:08:41

ollj

Re: oceans

we likely get "black void rifts" as impassable barriers soon.
ohol visual will then be a lort more "film noire" (or "to them moon" or "the pricne and the cobbler"), where background or foreground (or frame borders) are just pitch black areas, for enhahched contrast and focus.
forcing players into a closer paly field likely creates more murder, just more "film noire" gameplay.

Board footer