One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-22 11:53:59

Mr.XIX

Road doesn't get removed after cunning map (Not Confirmed)

A few lives ago, I saw a pretty natural state of the map with a partial road through it.

It didn't seem to lead anywhere and it was overgrown with natural objects.

This led me to the conclusion this was from an older town that disappeared.

Does anybody have similar experiences?

#2 2019-07-22 13:09:43

sigmen4020

Re: Road doesn't get removed after cunning map (Not Confirmed)

Yes and it’s intentional. I think the map currently culls every 8 hour with no human activity. Roads and stone walls are the only objects that don’t get removed in this culling resulting in random roads and stone ruins in the wilderness.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2019-07-22 16:06:13

Mr.XIX

Thanks for the heads up!

I knew about the walls, but didn't know about the roads.

Natural objects still grow through them resulting in some weird constructions.

Maybe the occupied space (roads and walls) shouldn't get removed by natural objects, but that is just an opinion.

Solved and closed!

Last edited by Mr.XIX (2019-07-22 16:06:57)

#4 2019-07-23 05:33:19

ollj

in old and previously busy areas, you find 1 ruin foreach 3 large enough green locales with swamp nect to them.
after 3 days, a lot of the map is littered in ruins, especially close to older bell towers that have ben rund nonstop.

if you want your bell tower to live longer while being abandoned (and it may be abandoned during its slow construction time) , do not place it right where you dug up the stone for it, but rather right next to any such stones.
that stone does reset faster than a (unfinished) bell tower decays.
when the stone (that was dub up) resets, it replaces anything that whas placed there.
this includes unfinished bell towers and roads, they just vanish into jason-heaven.
this may even include finished bell towers and newcomen towers, though i never whitnessed that.
it may even reset the griefy-bell-blockades a long enough time before the bell tower decays, thus freeing a blocked bell tower from an unremovable object just by abandoning the area or just the right amount of time.

if you want a road to have no gaps after being abandoned, good luck guessing where sharp stones have been used and where wild onions have been picked. when those reset, the tile just resets, causing road gaps.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-23 05:37:18)

Board footer