One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-19 00:32:19

MistressZues

My best guess at update

I believe we all start out speaking the same now I was born into three eve town as a first born to the blonde eve. we had ginger eve an black eve. we all spoke the same. at first we thought new update got rid of language however. about thirty minutes in we had one kid who had to ruin it. She wanted to kill the ginger eves bb  and went chasing her with knife. the killer kids black eve gma chased her but stabbed my bro by mistake. we had no meds yet and he died. the ginger eve killed the killer black kid before she could hurt her bb. the mom of killer kid not knowing what happen immedietly stabbed ginger eve. the circle of violence was complete.

At that same instance we realized we could barely understand eachother now. So I believe if you meet a family an live in peace you speak the same automatically but if you have fighting or conflict between families you lose the ability to communicate with one another. Its kinda genius.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2019-07-19 02:11:31

Grim_Arbiter

Re: My best guess at update

MistressZues wrote:

I believe we all start out speaking the same now I was born into three eve town as a first born to the blonde eve. we had ginger eve an black eve. we all spoke the same. at first we thought new update got rid of language however. about thirty minutes in we had one kid who had to ruin it. She wanted to kill the ginger eves bb  and went chasing her with knife. the killer kids black eve gma chased her but stabbed my bro by mistake. we had no meds yet and he died. the ginger eve killed the killer black kid before she could hurt her bb. the mom of killer kid not knowing what happen immedietly stabbed ginger eve. the circle of violence was complete.

At that same instance we realized we could barely understand eachother now. So I believe if you meet a family an live in peace you speak the same automatically but if you have fighting or conflict between families you lose the ability to communicate with one another. Its kinda genius.

This might be a bug

When I was eve on server reset a few weeks back,I spawned next to another eve and could understand her for about a minute and then the language went gibberish.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-07-19 08:05:29

Spoonwood

Grim_Arbiter wrote:
MistressZues wrote:

This might be a bug

When I was eve on server reset a few weeks back,I spawned next to another eve and could understand her for about a minute and then the language went gibberish.

You didn't experience a bug.  The language barrier doesn't occur unless the server has 15 players I believe.  So, that's expected after server reset.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-07-19 08:40:10

Grim_Arbiter

Spoonwood wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:
MistressZues wrote:

This might be a bug

You didn't experience a bug.  The language barrier doesn't occur unless the server has 15 players I believe.  So, that's expected after server reset.

Oh, duh!

Thanks spoon

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-07-19 09:36:54

ollj

so, the whole map got whiped without an apocalypse?
and then eves spawned so close to each other that 3 of the first 15 eves had an orgy?

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-19 09:38:06)

#6 2019-07-19 10:39:03

ollj

server is hell now. may aswell play the mobile version instead, it feels a lit like it now.

almost all locales feel like the game had anapocalypse, except there wass none.
pseudo-reset due to update reveals how much everyone sucks at this game, as in, its not war swords or knifes that are the main issue, its dumb players and murderous players (people who just waste food and starve adult fertiles instead of scouting/gathering or hunting furs)

soo many twin eves just kill their children and self. because thats what griefer twins do after a server reset, in a time where there is nothing to steal and making an arrow takes just too much skill for most. so thanks for the reset, it reveals the true amount of griefers in the game, as its more easily spotted while everyone is forced to play in eve camps.
so many /die kids in a great location and just doom a great spot.
so many players ask me why and where anything is, right after i showed them why and where that exact thing is.
many babies fail to follow me, because why sould i have the luxury to carry +1 item around.
many babies insist that i follow them or that i feed them where they want to, nowhere near a food source or basket that i just dropped to feed them. <2 year olds run off into a place that i know sucks and has no food, just because they want to show me a thing there that i already saw 3 times. these babies are egocentric suicidals, not worth anyones time.
babies want me to make a fire big, in a time when i have other things to so, like kooking a rabbi, or save kindling for times with more than 2 babies. such egoistic fools more likely are being let to starve.

many players rush technology, lets just build that forge against all odds, instead of having a fire and a farm, and then wonder why they have no babies and run out of fertiles by generation 2. babies are dirt cheap right now, but semi exclusive to people who know how to use a hatchet and how to keep fires (plural) burning, where ever there is wood, and not where ever there is a spring.
you can slowly migrate as eve by just copying the fire to where ever you can make more kindling and eat more wild berries, instead of depleting an area of kindling and food by staying in one spot forever from the start, and sooner or later will find water by not staying in one spot.
this is ssmart eve play, i unsurprisingly never saw anyone else copy from me, because the most recent reset reveals how much everyone sucks at this game.

took me 8/12 lives for finy my first fam of skilled players, nabi fam, you rock.

---

oh nevermind, its just that old bell town is in ruins now, and new bell town seems mostly ruined, as in, theres possibly only 2/8 bells left in there, and likely no wooden floors and doors anymore.
i didnt make it all the way back to new bell town, but got most of my road screenshoted, so thats not lost so easily.

it almost feels like an apocalypse happened, but it was just a patch, that made oil a limited resource.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-19 11:45:20)

Board footer