One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-12 18:24:59

Tea

Little Moments

I love little moments like these :

I was born to an Eve and was named Jinx Kim. Me and my oldest sister, Mimi Kim, did our best to help out our mom. Sadly, Mimi wasn't having any luck with bearing kids. Her firstborn ran off, never to be seen again, and she was running out of time. She felt bad for not giving birth to a girl.

I tried to cheer her up, by showing her my balding head and the wild carrot magic trick. It made her a bit laugh but still, no girl. I wasn't going to blame her, she really tried her best. Having kids at this late hour was a difficult task and there was no guaranty that she would give birth to a girl.

So, being a bit silly and trying to lighten up the mood, I told her I would dance around her, doing a "fertility dance". Than I told her and my mom to pray to the fertility god, Jeff. Mom even joined me in my silly dance around my sister.

Now here comes my favorite part. 5 seconds of us doing our fertility dance, my sister birthed a little girl! I was sitting next to my (IRL) sister who got startled when I screamed "IT WORKED ?! IT FUCKING WORKED !!".

That will probably be my favorite memory of OHOL.

(Thanks Hopelynn Kim for not /die on us ♥)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2019-07-12 20:33:58

WalrusesConquer

Re: Little Moments

When you need a baby and when they pop out, those are the best moments :"^)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2019-07-12 21:19:27

Saolin

I love when people do silly dances and other silly things. It can be so adorable!

#4 2019-07-12 22:02:31

Finbar659

Using that ill/whistle emotions a minute before I pass away of old age and a group of people do the same was my best final moment of a life

#5 2019-07-12 22:38:43

YannaChan
Banned

Every marriage I've had.

My first marriage was a bit special, I waited forever to propose to the girl I wanted because I was nervous. I told her that I loved her with a pie I made for her.

#6 2019-07-12 22:41:03

Morti

I went out midlife in a very young town, after getting all my fur and seal skin gear. Collected a ton of thread. Brought it home, made a lasso and decided to get horses for the fun of it.

Got three horses before I was getting pretty old. Still no sheep at home, but there was a bow, arrow and bowl of food in the pen.

Decided to get a lamb, but there was no rope. Cut my lasso for the lamb rope.

I brought the lamb to the fire instead of going straight to the pen, told the kids by the fire I bought a puppy and asked them to name it, no one did, so I named it Bingo after the song.

"There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-oh, B I N G O and bingo was his name-oh."

I was about to die of old age, so I took the lamb dog to the pen.

Decide to see if the other rope for the lasso was where I left it, it was, I combined the ropes back together and decide to grab one of the horses to parade it around the kids just before I die.

(Both the pen and the small biome tiles where I released the horses were south of the fire, far off screen.)

As I'm bringing back the horse, I try to think of something to say to the kids about it, then it hits me.

Walking into range of the kids, horse in tow by the lasso, I say "Boy these dogs sure do grow up fast, don't they!?" "Look at how fat Bingo is already." something like that.

One woman laughs; one of the kids tells me I'm funny... Puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

Best moment of my life, just seconds before I died.

#7 2019-07-13 03:03:21

Bob 101

Granny gives me a dress and I immediately turn it into shirt and shorts.

#8 2019-07-13 10:01:02

Morti

Bob 101 wrote:

Granny gives me a dress and I immediately turn it into shirt and shorts.

For all my time played, there is so much I did not learn...

WWht7oL.png

So much I still do not know, but, I like not knowing some things.
It makes playing with all you, that much more necessary;
that much more, rewarding.

BKJrc9G.png

I'd have given the dress to the first girl I saw that needed a top, (were I a boy)
used the scissors to get wool, balls of thread and then,
gone out to find or make snares and hunt rabbits for my clothing.
As I've done hundreds of times before.

Thanks everyone, for all the lives we've lived together.
For this life, spent, together.

#9 2019-07-13 11:59:52

Grim_Arbiter

Morti wrote:

I went out midlife in a very young town, after getting all my fur and seal skin gear. Collected a ton of thread. Brought it home, made a lasso and decided to get horses for the fun of it.

Got three horses before I was getting pretty old. Still no sheep at home, but there was a bow, arrow and bowl of food in the pen.

Decided to get a lamb, but there was no rope. Cut my lasso for the lamb rope.

I brought the lamb to the fire instead of going straight to the pen, told the kids by the fire I bought a puppy and asked them to name it, no one did, so I named it Bingo after the song.

"There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-oh, B I N G O and bingo was his name-oh."

I was about to die of old age, so I took the lamb dog to the pen.

Decide to see if the other rope for the lasso was where I left it, it was, I combined the ropes back together and decide to grab one of the horses to parade it around the kids just before I die.

(Both the pen and the small biome tiles where I released the horses were south of the fire, far off screen.)

As I'm bringing back the horse, I try to think of something to say to the kids about it, then it hits me.

Walking into range of the kids, horse in tow by the lasso, I say "Boy these dogs sure do grow up fast, don't they!?" "Look at how fat Bingo is already." something like that.

One woman laughs; one of the kids tells me I'm funny... Puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

Best moment of my life, just seconds before I died.

Reminds me of my baby pet cow gilroy.

For my last 5 mins one life we walked around the town. I was in a full green suit and introduced all the kids to her.

I dropped her for a second to eat, and someone took her! I ran and searched and yelled "someone stole gilroy!"

Just south of town I found one of the kids with her in their own fenced off family plot. I told him that was my special buddy, and he told me he was going to take care of her and "omg I love you lol". I gave him my green hat and shirt for it.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#10 2019-07-13 14:41:05

Tea

That reminds me.

When the geese were introduced into this game, I spend a life just goofing around with them. I've put them into a box and closed it, putting them "to bed" and showed one goose to my mother, uncles and aunts.

When I found a goose without a head, I was shocked and asked people what was wrong with mister goose. "He's sick! He has the flu. We need to heal him." I told them.

My uncle came to me, looked at me and then the goose and said "Give him to me, I will cure him." I happily gave him mister goose. He came back, with a plucked goose!

"Oh no ! That's not good, Mr Goose will get cold. He already has the flu!" I cried. People around me were giggling and laughing. We all had a good laugh.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#11 2019-07-13 19:02:25

Jk Howling

A life I had several months ago just came to mind..

Long story short, my sister [our only fertile female] ended up disconnecting. I yum chained her for about 10 minutes hoping she'd have a kid. She had a daughter, which my elderly mother got to before I could, and promptly died on while trying to get to a berry bush.

I managed to save her, explained that she was the only female. She promised to be careful and focus on extending our lineage. I gave her all my clothes and settled on being a crazy old man, mostly out of boredom as there simply wasn't much to do in town.

I ended up marrying 6 geese and toting them around in a cart. My brothers got a good kick out of it when I asked them to attend my wedding and showed them the brides lol.

-Has ascended to better games-

#12 2019-07-14 08:49:48

Askama

Ok I'm sorry what is the wild carrot magic trick?

#13 2019-07-14 10:58:31

Grim_Arbiter

Askama wrote:

Ok I'm sorry what is the wild carrot magic trick?

A secret wink

All I will tell you is that it involves a wild carrot and a bowl

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer