One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-08 20:59:20

Peaches

Steam Achievements

I'm not asking for them to be added, nor do I think Jason would be at all interested in them (I sincerely doubt it), but what if?
How many people already play the game on Steam vs a purchase from Jason's website?

What achievements would there be?
How many?

Would it entice people to play the game more, or in new ways?
Would the easier "starter" achievements (get born, make a home marker, etc) entice achievement hunters to buy the game, only to be sucked into something truly enjoyable? Would it encourage people to try recipes they ignore in favor of doing the same things every time?

I'm already imagining achievements for nearly every finished item in game (imagine if there was one for forged items, all the newbs would start learning to smith and making surplus pumps), for breeding animals, for taking pictures, for having a child pass 30, for wearing a crown, for getting high, for passing 60...

Not saying it would be good for the game, it could be good or it could be terrible, but what if?

Last edited by Peaches (2019-07-10 00:12:56)

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#2 2019-07-08 21:51:31

AdelaSkarupa

Re: Steam Achievements

I would certainly hope all of the achievements would lead to positive results. "Use a sword" - No. "Plant 500 milweed" - YES!

#3 2019-07-09 16:46:13

Ziv

Achivement idea Kill a member of the family and make the family die out
ten out of ten achivement
extremly easy
almost any griefer can get it

#4 2019-07-09 17:33:07

olooopo

Better idea for an achievement: Plant and harvest 100 peppers/onions/tomatoes in one life. This is the pinnacle of 15 years game design after all.

#5 2019-07-09 20:41:53

ollj

i am all for steam achievements, the fact that i kill 20 bears in 40 minutes while raising four children is completely overlooked by my suicidal family dropping my memerating from 24 to 700 in the same 120 minutes time span.

the "are you new" question of moms has usually good intentions of tutorializing newbies.
But letzs face it, the ansswer is always "no" and mostly a lie, as long as there are amazon women who want to kill boys that claim to be new.
But its pretty annoying when a thief mom with way too much loot has to get killed by you, and her last lies are "i did not steal that last shovel, i am a pro", after claiming "i was making a noutpost" (nope, she stole many essential from a struggling base like a greedy noebie thief)
That town really needed a shovel, and i managed to return it and keep it alife.

achievements could sure motivate people to try all the recipies, and to leatn how to make all the higher technology tools/items.
instead of almost only farming berries for months.

there needs to be 60 different steam achievements regarding hunting and killing bears.
because I just see 2/3rd of large towns die to 1 or 2 bears weay too often (and its not me luring those bears), while i hunt 10 bears pretty quickly befiore diing.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-09 20:44:53)

Board footer