One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-08 15:40:02

MistressZues

I feel myself changing......

I haven't been on forums for the past couple weeks since the genes update. first off lets just get this out of the way, the new scrap bowl mechanic is the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life! why fix something not broken! now if you have tools break you literally cant fix them unless you have a god dam knife to make a pencil?! are you serious dumb dumb dumb!!!! CHANGE IT BACK! whew ok... so with the new genes update I find myself seeing my own family as a threat now. A common twisted saying I used to feel was cruel comes to mind ''not my baby, not my problem'' I often take my babies with me instead of taking them to the ''nursery'' because I've realized others feel the same way. I have stopped feeding random fifth cousin second cousin babies by the fire saying ''F''. I'm sorry but why should I focus my pips on your abandoned babies to help your score when I have my own to worry about. I always found it annoying that ppl just assumed that their bbys will get fed if you drop them by the fire. At-least ask hey can you feed my kid so I can finish the engine etc etc. I'm sorry but unless the babies mom happened to die then ill adopt it but if the mom just doesn't give a crap about her kid I'm sure not going to. not anymore. P.S. sorry i used text talk a lot when I'm typing informally. guess ill have to change my tag.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2019-07-08 16:04:06

MultiLife

Re: I feel myself changing......

I'm always super thankful for wet nurses. I tend to be making tech or saving towns so if anyone takes care of my kid so we can have less people around the fire, that'll make us develop faster.

Guys, I will surely take care of your kids. The yum foods we produce to each other pays it back anyways, if you really only look at the yum and cost of breastfeeding...
I won't demand you to tell me what you are doing, and why you're not taking care of your kid. If your kid has done nothing bad, they'll get my help like any other. A bonus of Fitness won't stop me from caring for the next generation.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-07-08 16:25:30

Peaches

1. Be coherent and polite, a wall of text is hard to read and insulting Jason isn't the way to get him to listen to you. I could call you "dumb dumb dumb" and the most it might do is upset you. You sound like a crying child and an ass.

2. What I understand you're saying is this; "The way I dealt with my children is no different than before, I never cared for anyone that wasn't directly related to me before and I still don't."

3. Every child you allow to die is a real person at a computer who is using one of their life counters on that life. If they die, that's one less life they get to live. It's not a problem for anyone who plays normally (I've never once run out nor gotten past 10 counters) but you know the functionality is there; picking a child up once doesn't kill you.

4. The clothing you're wearing, unless you saw or were the source, may have been made by your cousins. The food you eat? Cousins. The buildings? Cousins. Bears or griefers killed? Cousins. That well? That diesel pump? The person who healed your wounds? Cousins.

The more people there are other than you and your three children, the more likely you all are to survive.

Last edited by Peaches (2019-07-08 16:26:03)

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#4 2019-07-08 18:04:58

ollj

join the dark side MistressZues. come with me and lets lure some bears.

#5 2019-07-08 19:59:55

HumboldtStoneHoe

ollj wrote:

join the dark side MistressZues. come with me and lets lure some bears.

Dude I can't sleep at night so I'll make this clear, I like jums and I want jums so we can do this the hard way or the easy way.

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

#6 2019-07-08 20:35:41

MistressZues

Peaches wrote:

1. Be coherent and polite, a wall of text is hard to read and insulting Jason isn't the way to get him to listen to you. I could call you "dumb dumb dumb" and the most it might do is upset you. You sound like a crying child and an ass.

2. What I understand you're saying is this; "The way I dealt with my children is no different than before, I never cared for anyone that wasn't directly related to me before and I still don't."

3. Every child you allow to die is a real person at a computer who is using one of their life counters on that life. If they die, that's one less life they get to live. It's not a problem for anyone who plays normally (I've never once run out nor gotten past 10 counters) but you know the functionality is there; picking a child up once doesn't kill you.

4. The clothing you're wearing, unless you saw or were the source, may have been made by your cousins. The food you eat? Cousins. The buildings? Cousins. Bears or griefers killed? Cousins. That well? That diesel pump? The person who healed your wounds? Cousins.

The more people there are other than you and your three children, the more likely you all are to survive.

I think you have misunderstood my character I understand since your not a OG member. However first I'm not insulting Jason I'm insulting the mechanic that was added if I thought Jason was dumb I wouldn't play his games. I believed I paragraphed this in a readable format. My mistake that I didn't check it before posting I was a bit rushed. If you check my other post I usually do. Also If you read a post I wrote called ''Milk the town wet nurse'' you'll know you have me pegged all wrong the post is called changing because in the past I care for all infants mine or even non related. In no way was I meaning the first sentence as an insult to Jason so just chill. I was simply venting my frustration at the unnecessary change that seems unrealistic.

Second I'm not saying that cousins are useless I'm saying when resources are low my first priority is to my kids and that people need to ASK for others to raise theirs if they can't. I've had a lot of instances (with the racist bby) where the mom figures out the bby is bad an refuses to feed it but some kind hearted woman comes along and feeds the future griefer. The reason for my change is by seeing how ruthless my past week of experiences have been. Making an engine to save the town with no water source so I ask my sister to feed my bby so I can finish timing belt and she says yes then intentionally lets my bby girl starve while watching her beg fff.  If I see a bby by itself saying f I bring it to its mom an tell her to ask for help or feed it herself.

Lastly Ollj I will never ever ever join you and I cant stand you as a player in game your style sickens me to the core as I've stated before.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#7 2019-07-08 20:36:56

Tarr
Banned

>Refusing to feed other peoples babies because memer score.

Well I'm glad some random rank made you care about your babies more™ but your village straight up dies if no one looks out for each other. I sit around a GS of 20-30 because:

I'm notorious about not raising children if they pop out at a bad time.

and

Whatever I'm doing generally has more value overall than a random baby.

Slightly shocks me that the idea actually worked where people start doing dumb stuff for a leaderboard that is completely related to luck and one that promotes not playing if you have a good rank.

Now if Jason added a skill related leaderboard that might be worth something to fight over a rank on. Current memerboard has zero real value besides the reduction in pip loss which is a bad thing if you measured how close you were death to how many pips you have.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2019-07-08 20:44:21

AdelaSkarupa

Tarr wrote:

Now if Jason added a skill related leaderboard that might be worth something to fight over a rank on. Current memerboard has zero real value besides the reduction in pip loss which is a bad thing if you measured how close you were death to how many pips you have.

How would skills be measured though? Every time you put the last piece on an engine, your engineering skill ranking increases? This kind of thing would lead to the infamous last strike bonus thief. It could measure how many plots you water, how many items you smith, etc but it sure would be complicated.

#9 2019-07-08 23:23:07

MistressZues

AdelaSkarupa wrote:
Tarr wrote:

How would skills be measured though? Every time you put the last piece on an engine, your engineering skill ranking increases? This kind of thing would lead to the infamous last strike bonus thief. It could measure how many plots you water, how many items you smith, etc but it sure would be complicated.

I think she means rank you based off how long you yourself survive an nothing else not how long others survive and I agree. if your kids live to old age it should just be a bonus not a demerit on your part. you cant help if your 13 year old wanders off an starves with a town full of food you cooked.

#10 2019-07-09 00:33:37

AdelaSkarupa

MistressZues wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:
Tarr wrote:

I think she means rank you based off how long you yourself survive an nothing else not how long others survive and I agree. if your kids live to old age it should just be a bonus not a demerit on your part. you cant help if your 13 year old wanders off an starves with a town full of food you cooked.

I disagree. I live to 60 just about every time, so where's the variation? I like that your family affects your score. Otherwise we'd just have all the good players bunched up in the decimals under 60.

Last edited by AdelaSkarupa (2019-07-09 00:33:54)

Board footer