One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-07 22:02:56

AdelaSkarupa

An Ollj Story

I was born in the middle of the wilderness. There stood two women and a pile of bones. My mother, Adaleyza Ziv said "You are Lucky," apparently naming me after the pile of bones. I thought this some sort of joke, but it seems this fellow was important to the success of their journey. Well, it turned out we were quite lucky after all.

My mother and her friend were migrating south east in hopes of finding a town and we did stumble upon one before I hit the tender age of three. It was quite a mess but we had high hopes. Engine parts on the ground, sheep in the pen. There was hope. We got to work cleaning up so no babies would /die at the sight of it. The old tattered clothing went in the desert. The nice new clothes went in the half-finished building. We were going to rebuild this town.

However, I had no more siblings. My mother and her friend both went to the grave without bringing so much as one more girl into that forsaken place. I was on my own. My mother died of starvation at 58; her last words: "Protect the town." I worked hard to get the oil rig operational. I made some mistakes but there were complications along the way. While making rubber, I had a son (Samuel). He was a hard worker and he was determined to finish the building and protect his family. And I also had a daughter (Alivea). Of course, a great blessing to any town. But while she was still young, she went missing. Her brother and I were worried, thinking this was the end of our hard work. We continued working on our respective projects and look! My daughter comes running into town with a cart full of supplies.

We were so excited, our hope renewed that my daughter would turn this pile of scraps into a bustling town. We rushed to her side, along with the grandson that I was meeting for the first time. We said "You're alive!" We cried out and smiled and celebrated. Then my daughter said...

"I'm Ollj. I don't die easy."

Visions of arrows and knives strewn around the ground rushed through my mind. We were practically doomed at this point. It was only a matter of time before a staged massacre began, my family just a faint memory. But to my surprise, this was not the case. My daughter was a hard-working individual who collected wheat, stones, and wood, and stood by the fire to increase her chances of having children. She cared for her children, feeding and clothing them. I doubted that this could possibly be the real Ollj. But then I heard her say something about her baby's "jums," a familiar phrase. Yet for the remainder of my life, my daughter touched no weapons, worked hard, and raised her children. She started no problems, and may have even saved that little town in the middle of nowhere.

So for everyone wanting to hear an Ollj story with no arrows, no knives, no killing or scheming, there it is. Just a normal lady in a normal town, saving the day the normal way: just makin' them babies. Good job Ollj. (If that really was you. I still have my doubts.)

By the way, I managed to get one last pipe in the oil rig and fired it up, but I died before it finished. Would love to know how that turned out.

Last edited by AdelaSkarupa (2019-07-07 22:06:26)

#2 2019-07-07 22:30:52

HumboldtStoneHoe

Re: An Ollj Story

My quest to obtain the mystic "jums" continues, and this will be an important step in it.

Nice story by the way good on you "ollj". Papa Bless. Respect.

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

Board footer