One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-06 17:44:52

Ziv

Got sent to donkey town for something i didnt do

Okay so i was in a family and there was two guys
a female died
left a knife and bp i wanted bp but got stolen so i took knife and put in basket
then a dude follows me for five minutes saying i am a danger and then they stab me i get healed i stab him he gets healed another guy starts stabing people saying griefers
i get cursed two times they say im griefer i say they want to kill everyone i get cursed eight times even ten
then they put doors in middle of nowhere with locks
after that claim i am the person who did it and killed me after that i spawned there again
they killed an innocent person i didnt heal her cause she didnt heal me when she could so she dies
then they start killing alot of people
and people still curse me
and now im donkey town for noreason and its not even the same game its lonely simulator
i just eat berries i also dont know my score points its unclear very wierd
and they got out of there with nothing
i get sent here
because of there lies
people are stupid ....

#2 2019-07-06 19:11:30

Ziv

Re: Got sent to donkey town for something i didnt do

after two hours of watching youtube there i am back boys

#3 2019-07-06 19:22:19

Tarr
Banned

I'd try to be mindful of idiots in the future. Roleplayers normally end up being sheep who will pretty much curse without what is going on or why something is happening and explaining to them usually just leads to them reeing about not murdering trolls.

You've got a curse score of 25~54 which gives you a threshold of six curses before going to DT. I'd be very mindful for the next few hours as once you left donkey town your curse score is five (one curse would send you instantly back) which probably wouldn't be very fun. While I'm not personally inclined to believe people who say they dindu nuffin wrong I myself have nearly been sent to DT because of an idiot and mob mentality.

The number in the right hand corner of the client (above where the curse token) was the amount of time you have in donkey. You would have had a 2 which tells you which curse tier you are in (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are all the different tiers) which also tells you how many curses you need to get to DT in the first place (8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 respectively)

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-07-07 18:18:13

Turnipseed

Sucks to suck tongue

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2019-07-08 15:27:24

MistressZues

I think Ive been cursed maybe four or five times in my entire play life. One time (my very first time) I was cursed three times by ppl who came across me having just stabbed the griefer who killed all sheep and shot two bby girls with arrows. they also filled all the bowls and bucktes with salt water. they came an cursed me while the rest of the town yelled at them for being stupid an cursing hero. lol

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#6 2019-07-08 18:08:03

ollj

you and i know best that good players attract liars and griefers. skilled players are a griefers number one enemy, so they to anything to curb a reputation ingame.

if you want to not be the vicim of lies, these things are important:
- stay away from the central fire, and make a copy fire just for you. if theres drama in town, its likely in its center, and you just can easily evade it.
- care mostly for your yum chain, and if one person wants to murder someone, or the whole town, or makes a fenched/falled off hoard, just let the town figure this one out on their own, but not you. its not like the town will listen to your warrnings enough or be smart enough to whitness what you describe.
- stay neutral in any conflict. if anyone died just say "yay, free cloth" (thats usually me saying that), and stay at a distance of 20 to 50 tiles from city center.
- avoid knifes at all costs, let others kill each other, and just refuse to talk to armed and dangerous people, its likely wasting time anyways, due to anonymity.
- if anyone insists on taking the cart or horse from you, just remember the direction they went of to and let them have their short fame. its likely there to grab for you in 15 minutes, near their corpse and all their posessions.
- revenge/prevention killing someone as skiled player may not be worth the slowdownen time and the stupid revenge murders against you.
- change your clothing often, and switch between nudity and clithing types. avoid unique colored clothing (within a town) and rather wear the same boring hat as most people when you have the choice. its often a lot like like playing the game [the ship], where everyone is an icognito asssasin in a small confined space. it just makes you too easdy to identify in that green dress, and uniqueness attracts murderous roleplay and greed.

---

ah yeah, griefers sure will lie, especially those that raise a family in a prison camp of property fenches.
it makes others waste curses, and distract.
people are dumb and ignorant in this game.

thats why you just have to murder those fuckers, AFTER you hid all the pads.

theres always one simple cure to such towns, long lines of property fenches in the bear biomes, and then lure 5 to 15 bears at once, not just in total, but at once, a bear conga line:
https://mega.nz/#!QotjjSYZ!af-YDM8e6oDl … XoWEi2CaHg
image shows that bears temporarily stack atop each other, when they all move along the same vector direction, and theres bears outtside the visible area, so, 7 bears lured at once, 15 bears near town.
the last 10 tiles are the hardest, ands generally end in self sacrifice, so people have a hard time telling your corpse from the other peoples corpses.

if i lure bears, i get them to those property fenched thief families first, this generally makes a zoo of humans for the bears.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-08 18:31:44)

#7 2019-07-09 01:44:17

Thaulos

I never had any situation I couldnt explain or present my side of the story.

My guess is that you are/were overly aggressive. Whenever there is conflict calling them idiots, noobs or starting to stab them right away isn't really a valid social behavior, and will be frown upon by your peers, specially when they don't know the whole story.

Here are some rules of thumb to keep in mind:
* Only stab right away when there is an urgent need, eg: griefer killing all the sheep,
* If someone is giving you or the town trouble, talk with other people and let them know whats going on.
* If you need to stab someone in an emergency, instead of running away and trying to hide, run towards everyone and explain your side of the story.
* Try not to be a dick to everyone. If you already given everyone a reason to dislike you, no one is going to be on your side when push comes to shove. No matter how right you think you are.
* If people are doubting you then offer to disarm. This will give you credibility and/or give them some assurance you are not a threat to their families.
* If someone is harssing you, expose them to the rest of the town. More often than not others will tell the harassing party to stop.

This game is a social game. You are not supposed to be judge jury and executioner all in one. Antisocial behavior will most likely land you in hot waters.

I'm pretty liberal with knife ingame when the need arises (including troll babies. racism is also grounds for instant stabbing) and while I have been stabbed back plenty, very rarely I get cursed at all. Usually just as retaliation for my own curses on them, or some griefer payback for me getting them which is quite rare.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-07-09 01:49:18)

Board footer