One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-05 22:03:56

Lavea

The Reign of the Mesozoic Era - Or, how do I get out of these tropics?

Hi All,

First have to say, I'm really loving the game atm, how it's evolved and everything I've seen of where it's going.

One thing I am noticing atm though, is there seem to be about twice as much jungle and desert as any other biomes, with very little green fertile lands.

Two ways this is affecting.

One - especially since the gene update, people seem to be staying safer huddling in towns more. This means less people going out getting rabbits for backpacks and clothes, and there seem to be far fewer villages (at least from my experience) with enough.

Two - this often prompts me to go out and make backpacks. But I spend half my life running round looking for any green to make the rope for rabbit snares (because noone in town seems to have been out lately for ropes). Then inevitably die running accross the 15th jungle surrounding our village before finding even enough for that one rope.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck. But green spaces atm seem to be tiny islands surrounded by deserts, jungles, and maybe snows.

A bit more green and pleasant land would be wonderful!

Also, as a side thought, have you ever thought about adding rivers to the game? They could have lots of fertile soil on their banks, be really easy to plant along the edge of. Provide free water for crops. Boats. River diseases. Bridges to cross. We could have great Nile like deltas. Would make some really interesting lands.

Last edited by Lavea (2019-07-05 22:05:53)

#2 2019-07-05 22:22:24

HumboldtStoneHoe

Re: The Reign of the Mesozoic Era - Or, how do I get out of these tropics?

rivers are big no-no they do not fit the big man upstairs' vision.

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

#3 2019-07-05 22:42:42

ollj

nope, all biomes are about same size, its a lazy simple fast enough perlin noise. and its pretty uniform when you zoom out enough.

rivers or islands are tricky to do, gamepolay and code wise, totally not worth it for a one person game.
the games factorio and dontStarve often suffer a lot from their water/ocean barrier generator, its very arbitiary/unfair, totally not suited for a competetive multiplayer game.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-05 22:43:16)

#4 2019-07-05 22:55:42

Villas

I really enjoy the river idea, I'm wishing it for months.

And about the biomes' size, you can check it through wondible map, you can even search a name and see where that person died, so you can check the place where you was born/dead and see the size of the biomes around.
(Names update daily, sou you might not be able to see the names of today, but you can see where people who was born yesterday).
[link]https://onemap.wondible.com/[/link]

Board footer