One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-23 19:54:30

InsanityElk

Advanced Civ and Fire

I returned recently to the game to find most civilizations comfortably in the steel-industrial age and a glaring annoyance in doing these advanced things is having to start and move fire like a caveman. A civilization with planes, cars, and oil rigs is using a firebow drill to start fires needed to get their engines and forges going. I feel like for a civ that is up to kerosene engines should have an advanced alternative to start fires. I don't know if it would be something easily implemented in the engine, so the yay or nay on feasibility or if it's worth the time it would take to implement is with Jason. I'm guessing I'm not the first, but my suggestion would be a Lighter Case that you smith with a steel bar, add a flint and then a thread to get a Empty Lighter. Then you can add kerosene to it to get a Lighter With Fuel which gives it X charges before needing more kerosene. It could be used on anything that requires a firebrand to light or it can light a firebrand.  It would make it much less of a hassle for an advanced civ to restart a dead fire that doesn't require running around the forest and hoping not too many trees got cleared close to home.  Additionally, it would quell what is basically a necessity at this point to keep a fire going at all times no matter what age the civilization is in which should transition more to being indoors for warmth and raising babies rather than needing a 24/7 fire.

#2 2019-06-23 20:24:28

futurebird

Re: Advanced Civ and Fire

pipe + saw = small metal tubes
small metal tubes + string (or ball of sting) + flint chip = small metal tubes with wicks
small metal tubes with wicks + hammer = 3 empty lighters
3 empty lighter + bowl of kerosine = 3 full lighters

each can be used 15 times to light kindling on the ground or in a stove...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-06-23 20:27:44

InsanityElk

well color me purple. is there any reason they aren't used often?  I haven't seen them once.

#4 2019-06-23 20:38:38

Tarr
Banned

InsanityElk wrote:

well color me purple. is there any reason they aren't used often?  I haven't seen them once.

She was making a suggestion. CCM made flint and steel to replace the first few steps of fire making (You just need the tinder + flint and steel) which was a nice feature. I do believe we should have some sort of advanced fire making tool at this point but it's probably on the backlog compared on all the different things Jason is trying to fix about the game at the moment.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2019-06-23 23:10:58

MistressZues

We just need a big fire update. Fire places, lighters, more uses for the kerosene wick burner(like adding them to ovens and forges instead of just the Newcomens) citronella candles for anti bug purposes.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#6 2019-06-24 00:51:04

Bob 101

This is because Jason no longer dose content updates.

Board footer