One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-06-19 03:24:30

ollj

Re: War swords and the zoom out mod

i saw something much less fair, a "wallhack".

i murdered someone and was hiding with bloddy bow behind a tree, for a while, with noone in far distance, it was a good hiding spot.
someone with knife comes just to that tree and knifes me, he knew where i was, wallhack style.

i say "how?"

he say "small trees addon"

i say "thanks" and "hax".

sure, you can change transparency of trees with some easy edit, its just tricky to fuind the right textures.

you should not expect fairness in such an opensource game.

#27 2019-06-19 03:41:12

ollj

it is a bit sad that you can not make traps.
i would prefer nonlethal traps, otherwise they may hurt too much or hurt the fron people unintentionally.

like a cage trap. you can feed anyone trapped inside from outside.
but the trap is shut for a minimum time, and after that, thre trap can only be opened from the ooutside.

#28 2019-06-19 11:38:36

SparkleCake

ollj wrote:

you can change transparency of trees with some easy edit

Maybe not, but we can still strive to minimize the negative effects of 3rd-party mods. The healthy answer to problems like these isn't always obvious.

I think Jason had some good thoughts that are absolutely on the right track, concerning murder:

jasonrohrer wrote:

When someone gets angry and is coming at you, you should be able to hear them, even off screen, maybe even as they approach.

A heads-up beacon on the side of the screen for angry people approaching isn't a bad idea either.

Changes like these could give the rest of us a chance to survive exploit abuse, as well as just violence in general. While I love the new "forced angry face" murder change added in Update #60, I've personally rarely noticed it. An audio cue, or more distinct visual indicator, may help Alice Blue recognize that the war sword-wielding Jim Modderman might have it in for her. They could also help warn her that he's in her vicinity at all.

With that said, players do adapt. It's a small change in playstyle to simply walk on top of someone before attacking them — especially when the player is using an extended cam to spy their victim.

Last edited by SparkleCake (2019-06-19 11:43:20)

#29 2019-06-19 21:57:43

JonySky
Website

I've seen several times players who get a kind of jump to get you killed (it's as if your character speeds up and reaches you) I do not know if it's a bug, lag or a hack ... but nowadays anything is possible ... an element of war is implemented and wars are expected to begin ... these wars can not be unbalanced by this type of problems because that desperate and makes the players angry and they definitely leave ...

#30 2019-06-20 07:06:45

Alec

Well...Im worry about abusing bug too.
But maybe we have to report correctly.
I tried snowball killing and its succeeded.

1. Throw snowball with shift right click.
2. Quick, one more shift right click.
3. You get angry and target will be dead soon.

I want to tell about "just thrown Snow-ball" emot still deadly.
https://onetech.info/2465-Snowball-just-thrown

RecordedGame
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D0ppJ … DNnh1KPu7v

Reproduction video
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/441609812

#31 2019-06-20 07:45:56

Grim_Arbiter

ollj wrote:

i saw something much less fair, a "wallhack".

i murdered someone and was hiding with bloddy bow behind a tree, for a while, with noone in far distance, it was a good hiding spot.
someone with knife comes just to that tree and knifes me, he knew where i was, wallhack style.

i say "how?"

he say "small trees addon"

i say "thanks" and "hax".

sure, you can change transparency of trees with some easy edit, its just tricky to fuind the right textures.

The tiny trees mod has been around for awhile, but it's not something public, and only a few vets have it.

You were tryin to cheese and met the bigger cheese.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#32 2019-06-20 19:23:50

pein

ye i think i stabbed someone hiding behind a tree
i mean seariously you want to say that it's unfair that they see you? you the coward hiding behind a tree? big_smile

editing sprites takes time and knowledge
and the reason some vets have it as they a vetted vets who don't grief
so pretty sure you deserve your fate if you cowardly hide and people better than you don't care

it was quite weird to use different tree sprites but it's necessary cause people hide arrows, buckets, knives and other stuff behind trees
also the coward griefers hide there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer