One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-09 01:11:33

Sirai

Losing Life Tokens on Reconnect Failures...

Speaks for itself. Got d/c'd, and keep getting Login Failure upon reconnecting, and I see my life tokens dropping. I do not like this AT ALL. Not to mention these d/c's with login failures upon reconnecting happen daily and more often as time goes on. I play on empty servers and its frustrating to lose my place to this several times a day because my char just starves in-game as I can't get back in. I'm close to throwing in the towel for this game. It hasn't been in any way enjoyable due to one major issue or another for weeks.

I go by Crow.

#2 2019-06-10 02:28:10

Spoonwood

Re: Losing Life Tokens on Reconnect Failures...

I thought I had this problem also.  Wasn't sure though.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-06-10 17:34:09

jasonrohrer
Administrator

If you manage to reconnect to a life, the server refunds your token.

People can test/verify this by quitting the game manually and coming back over and over.  They should stop seeing their token count go down when they do this.

If you're actually having login failed after DC, not sure what's going on there.  Seems like if your connection broke in a weird way, the server might see you as still connected?  So it's not allowing you to connect, because you're already logged in there still?

If that's the case, that's a bug (not that the server sees you as still connected, because there's no way around that), but if it decrements a token from you before you are rejected, that is bad, and will be fixed.

#4 2019-06-10 22:04:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I tested this, and if you get rejected, you do NOT lose a life.  Not sure what the cause is here.

Board footer