One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-08 07:27:34

Valareos

Horrible Mothers

Died from starvation because my mother refused to feed me, using the excuse Boys r Yuk

Died a namless Miu.

First time I ever been refused to be cared for lol

Most Memorable Life : Elisabeth Peters, Adopted by Flint Peters.  Gen 59, LD 36

#2 2019-06-08 07:48:38

Saolin

Re: Horrible Mothers

lol, haven't you been born to mother-on-horseback countless times by now?

Seriously though a male baby is basically worthless unless it's supporting your female babies.

#3 2019-06-08 08:38:44

Tea

Baby Boys are never worthless ! Not being able to give birth isn't a reason that they are useless. I've seen mothers popping out kids and not giving a crap about them, so males have to step in and feed the poor thing.

Or males taking over farming and kitchen duty in order to keep the family alive because the females are all gathered around the fire, eating and chit chatting, while feeding Every. Kid. Every. Second.

I prefer a productive boy than a berry munching girl. Males are the silent heroes in every family in this game.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2019-06-08 08:44:05

Roblor

Welcome to OHOL! big_smile

Have you joined recently?

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#5 2019-06-08 10:24:47

ProNice

I think one of my first fifteen lives was spent on the fringe of a town, that was led by a cult of murderous females that starved or stabbed all males that were born there. I was rescued by an old lady that dies very soon after getting me out of town. I lived like a hermit, stealing small things like baskets and a bowl of berries to survive until the old hags died and the younger generation didn't care anymore for the strict "no boys" rule anymore. The family welcomed me back and I could spend my last years baking for them.

Just saying, even bad mothers can make for a satisfying experience. Conflict is the hot spice of life.

#6 2019-06-08 11:13:44

CatX

I don't really mind horrible mothers (or efficient mothers who need to leave me behind) because as a baby, I haven't invested any time in that life yet. I'm less fond of being randomly killed as an adult.

#7 2019-06-08 17:31:29

BerrypickerAF

I like this game because it simulates closely how much my parents cared about me smile

Last edited by BerrypickerAF (2019-06-08 17:31:45)

#8 2019-06-08 18:02:36

Spoonwood

CatX wrote:

I don't really mind horrible mothers (or efficient mothers who need to leave me behind) because as a baby, I haven't invested any time in that life yet. I'm less fond of being randomly killed as an adult.

Soon enough if you have a horrible mother, you'll pay one lifetoken for something like 1 minute of "gameplay", if it can honestly get called that, where you could only move (or theoretically bounce a rubber ball).  I'm not predicting that you'll get locked out from playing overall, it's just there's a little more reason to feel concerned about them than previously with the upcoming update.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2019-06-08 18:16:59

Jk Howling

I had a mom once, a looong time ago, try to raise me to kill. This was before the Come Together update, before the spawning locations of eves were changed and we were no longer able to understand other lineages, and before the warswords existed. This might've been during the time where Eve chaining was possible. Eve West was a prominent name back then.

My mother literally asked me, a newborn boy, to join the militia. I was thinking protecting people, so I said yes. Instead, she pointed at another family- they had the same surname as ours, the Wests, but were unrelated- and said they were invaders. Evil. That this was war, and we needed to kill them.

Didn't look like war to me though. Everyone was working hard. Regardless, she eventually found a bow and arrow, and promised to teach me to use it when I grew up. I just played along because I thought if I said no, she'd either shoot me or start shooting other people herself.

Fortunately, she starved early, and I was adopted by our Eve West, and an elderly guy from the other West family who seemed to worship the very ground she stood on. They were both very sweet people. I buried them side-by-side, placing a rose on the Eve's grave, and symbolically placing the arrow intended for the other family on the older male's grave.

I've also had a mother who screeched at me to "REPENT, FOR I HAVE BEEN CAST FROM HER LOINS" or some shit, immediately after being born. She was building a church. Fortunately [or unfortunately, depending on your perspective] all the females died out, so we were left with a pack of about 5-6 middle-aged males.

We turned her church into The Dick Church [original thread], made a sign for it, sacrificed baby lambs, tried to change our genders, and buried each other inside the church. Fun times.

Sometimes you can get rather... interesting, people as parents. Sometimes you get born to people who literally don't care, and sometimes other people save you. And sometimes you get stuck with the asshole female elitists who stab/starve you because "reee male."

Life's a box of chocolates, you never know what you get

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer