One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-31 13:10:19

futurebird

If you name a kid they get your last name but are still "no relation"

... and their kids can't be cursed. Is this how it should work? Shouldn't people with the same last name be in the same family? Especially if you adopt the child of a dead woman and raise that child?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-31 13:43:34

MistressZues

Re: If you name a kid they get your last name but are still "no relation"

I disagree, we already have those assholes who go around trying to name non-related kids of people just to get the last name passed on, having that kid actually be added to the family would just give more incentive to those kindergarten level trolls. I can definitely see what you mean though in how it would be useful in an actual adoption process. Alas the will of the griever always finds a way. Child abduction/kidnappings would sky rocket if this were updated. Kinda realistic though, so many baby napping cases where the child doesn't realize they are the missing baby on the back of the milk carton, so they believe they are with their true parents. The baby napper could nab unnamed babies and the game "wouldn't remember" the real parent since the baby was to little to recall themselves. The player of course would know but having been kidnapped and named by the other family, will now instead know THAT families language but not understand the REAL family UNLESS they learn it again before they turn six!!

....ok in typing a disagreement for this I've actually excited myself about the concept annnd now I want to see this in game lol. I'm never a griever but this would be fun to do at least once and it would be neat to be the baby in the scenario having to escape your kidnappers and relearn your families language. Mothers would have to pay attention to the babies and would be more mindful about naming their kids before dropping them off at a nursery. It would be even cooler if the baby napper is a male can name the child and as the baby the "napper" now shows as parent instead of non-related, as well his mom now shows as gma to you etc etc. Like a real adoption. This would give males a way to carry on the family name if for instance all of their moms girls died or she didn't have any.

Actually that would be a neat concept of having two parents, since we dont have a marriage system yet. Usually if I find a spouse in game every kid I or they have (we are all guilty of it) we bring to the spouse and say "this is your dad" or "your dad is --- ----". What if when you have the baby or even while your prego the dad can stand on the same tile as you and say "I'm the Dad" much like giving ownership to a gate. If the father was a non-related the baby would immediately become bilingual thanks to its parentage. That baby would then have two parents, two gmas, and a shit ton of cousins! After death their family tree would even reflect that!

This would be a good way to foster more player and player investment and help with co towns working together in a more lasting peace. If the eves had the same skin tone you wouldn't really know who was related to you by marriage unless of course Jason added a by Marriage at the end of the family description. OMG this would be amazing!! adoption and father acknowledgement! PLEASE!!!! I really need this in game now.

Last edited by MistressZues (2019-05-31 13:46:58)

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#3 2019-05-31 13:56:35

futurebird

Maybe if you name a kid who isn't yours they only get your last name if they agree in some way.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-05-31 14:08:19

MistressZues

futurebird wrote:

Maybe if you name a kid who isn't yours they only get your last name if they agree in some way.

Yea like the same as how we ask babies "are you new?" and they reply "y" or "n". If you take a baby and name them they can reply "y" or "n". If they reply "n" then they remain unnamed until the mother collects them. This should not apply to the biological mother though, otherwise you will have those kids who say "n" just to name themselves or go without a name. This concept could apply to the moms family though so your evil sister who wants to name all the kids adolfo *cough cough* (you know who you are) lol cant snatch your baby and name it without consent. The only way for someone who is not the mom to name the baby is if the mom dies then one of her relatives can name the baby without consent.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer