One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-30 14:15:20

Cookie

Any chance for an improved in-game recipe menu?

I personally find the TAB menu impractical, both in terms or navigation and seeing the whole picture. Even with filtering, you have basically no idea what's needed for what you want to make, unless you go around picking every item available and checking to see if it is used for that purpose. I'm sure new players are struggling a lot with that aspect of the game. It would be great if we could somehow access onetech in-game.

#2 2019-05-30 14:50:18

lychee

Re: Any chance for an improved in-game recipe menu?

It’d be great if the recipe book would automatically filter by default for what you’re holding *and* what your mouse is pointing at. This would give players a preview of what A + B = equals in a context relevant fashion.

#3 2019-05-31 14:46:27

Léonard

lychee wrote:

It’d be great if the recipe book would automatically filter by default for what you’re holding *and* what your mouse is pointing at. This would give players a preview of what A + B = equals in a context relevant fashion.

Very good idea.
It's simple, concise and a clear step in the right direction.

I do wish the help was more in depth and gave us a lot more information just like onetech.
Cue in Jason complaining about having to code ui..

#4 2019-05-31 16:01:23

testo

In all seriousness you should read the last post about feedback. Just post the problem, when does it appear and how do you experience it. Just saying.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#5 2019-05-31 19:58:04

Léonard

Yeah who would DARE suggest quality of life improvements..

#6 2019-05-31 20:36:12

Spoonwood

Léonard wrote:

Yeah who would DARE suggest quality of life improvements..

Yep, anyone trying to point out a problem to Mr. Rohrer has plenty of reason not to after that post more-or-less telling people to shut up.  I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people in organizations would get fired for writing that thing.  Sure, it's a different situation, but that suggests a lack of accountability here, and the post suggests no intention of trying to be accountable to players on the part of Mr. Rohrer.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer