One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-29 04:40:48

futurebird

Re: The update to /DIE won't stop Eve grief from being common

Resources have not ever gotten so scarce that it was a huge problem IMO if you have a horse you could still get iron and if not iron tools from abandon towns.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#27 2019-05-29 04:41:02

RodneyC86

Dodge wrote:

So 8 hours renewable iron veins and an infinite map.

Not sure how this is going to bring scarcity of ressources and roads between villages but wait and see i guess.

8 hours is an awfully long time to not have a single person roam into it IMO.

But it's really hard to tell at this point.

But I would be happy if exploring on horseback has role again, to scout for far away mines. Sick of stumbling on villages and toxic eves so frequently now, and only to find dried up mines

#28 2019-05-29 04:53:04

Dodge

RodneyC86 wrote:
Dodge wrote:

So 8 hours renewable iron veins and an infinite map.

Not sure how this is going to bring scarcity of ressources and roads between villages but wait and see i guess.

8 hours is an awfully long time to not have a single person roam into it IMO.

But it's really hard to tell at this point.

But I would be happy if exploring on horseback has role again, to scout for far away mines. Sick of stumbling on villages and toxic eves so frequently now, and only to find dried up mines

It seems like eve's are still going to spawn near towns, but you cant force eve now.

8 hours also mean that if a village dies, then it dies because depending on where it is, nobody will see it but jason talked about partial ruins so we'll see.

#29 2019-05-29 09:10:57

Post apocalyptic
Banned

So now you cant be an eve ? And if you can then alot of my babies will die over and over cuz they wanna be eves so the /die is gonna be used alot

I really love this baby on my display

#30 2019-05-29 13:54:30

MistressZues

jasonrohrer wrote:

Okay, I'm pushing out a fix for this.

Now a mother's birth cool-down instantly resets when a baby dies of any cause.

Thus, if there's room for you in the world as a baby, it's impossible to be Eve through any kind of baby death.  I hope.

This means that the new 8-hour-no-look map clearing change will also go live early.

wont this make the new language of different families useless? what if only one family survives? no new eves will spawn because they have a female in town. Also if a new eve does spawn and come across the town it means they have no more fertile women which means the original family will die out soon and the new eves family will learn the language for nothing?? or just wont bother to learn it because the original family will all die soon anyway with no more fertile girls..?

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#31 2019-05-29 15:33:24

Psykout

I think what he is trying to achieve is stop people from manipulating Eve and ballooning the amount of eves. 1k a day is crazy high. Eves will still happen, just that you would need to live a full life to be eligible is what it sounds like. We've asked for that plenty of times, great change! Perhaps make it so Old Age deaths give a slightly higher chance to be an eve? I would surmise that the average griefer dies mid lifespan because their destructive nature tends to come back on them. If you don't want the slight extra chance to be an eve - die at 59 instead of 60 - this leaves so much room for good things I love it.

#32 2019-05-29 15:35:20

Spoonwood

MistressZues wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Okay, I'm pushing out a fix for this.

Now a mother's birth cool-down instantly resets when a baby dies of any cause.

Thus, if there's room for you in the world as a baby, it's impossible to be Eve through any kind of baby death.  I hope.

This means that the new 8-hour-no-look map clearing change will also go live early.

wont this make the new language of different families useless? what if only one family survives? no new eves will spawn because they have a female in town. Also if a new eve does spawn and come across the town it means they have no more fertile women which means the original family will die out soon and the new eves family will learn the language for nothing?? or just wont bother to learn it because the original family will all die soon anyway with no more fertile girls..?

There exists a period after a woman having a child where she has 'womb' cooldown, provided that the child is still alive.  The woman CANNOT have another child during this period.  So, it's not likely that only one family will exist at a time on bigserver2.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#33 2019-05-29 16:08:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Not hard to have a list of things that don't ever decay, so I could do that with stone walls, at least.

#34 2019-05-29 16:46:54

futurebird

jasonrohrer wrote:

Not hard to have a list of things that don't ever decay, so I could do that with stone walls, at least.

Having some things remain would be amazing and give the map more life especally if you have trees groing inside of buildings and such.

Let floors decay, but not walls, paper, kilns, pumps or tools.

---
omnem cibum costis

#35 2019-05-29 17:55:36

FeignedSanity

jasonrohrer wrote:

Wouldn't that defeat part of the purpose of having things reset? Why have any of it stay? I suppose this means that if you build your village with stone walls and it gets "reset", the eve who stumble across it has a free city outline. It'd be even easier to build on it since your store of big rocks got replenished. Although you'd lose out on resources because stone walls were in the way.

I just don't see why anything should be immune from the reset. That's the whole point of the reset.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#36 2019-05-29 18:16:09

futurebird

The point of the reset is to replenish resources.
But old abandoned towns are so much fun to find and explore.
And overgrown abandon town sounds amazing...

---
omnem cibum costis

#37 2019-05-29 18:44:47

FeignedSanity

futurebird wrote:

The point of the reset is to replenish resources.
But old abandoned towns are so much fun to find and explore.
And overgrown abandon town sounds amazing...

Hmmm, fair point. I suppose that was the original intention. Okay, it's still keeping with the purpose.

Annoys me personally, but that's fine.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#38 2019-05-29 19:12:05

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I'm leaning toward just stone walls on the list for now.  It would indeed be cool to find trees growing up through them.  The help a new town a tiny bit, but don't substantially change the early game.

#39 2019-05-29 20:52:51

Saolin

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm leaning toward just stone walls on the list for now.  It would indeed be cool to find trees growing up through them.  The help a new town a tiny bit, but don't substantially change the early game.

Won't we eventually end up with stone walls just everywhere though? (Aside from a complete wipe)

Anyway, thanks for the update, this seems like it should have a positive impact on the state of the game!

#40 2019-05-29 22:40:48

BladeWoods

Saolin wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Won't we eventually end up with stone walls just everywhere though? (Aside from a complete wipe)

Anyway, thanks for the update, this seems like it should have a positive impact on the state of the game!

Yeah, the permanent permanence seems bad. Can they turn into removable crumbling stone walls or something instead of staying ancient when map gets wiped?

Last edited by BladeWoods (2019-05-29 22:41:03)

Board footer