One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-28 05:43:53

RodneyC86

ELI5: spawning mechanics

Okay so I heard of lineage bans and area bans and now with the new update I'm still confused

I'm currently under the impression, based on what Tarr said, is that we get area banned from where we were borned when we /die. So therefore if not wrong, if you were born like 200 plus tiles away from the family camp and /die, you can be born into same family again in the camp.

Doesn't this mean a family with multiple far enough towns will have the opportunity to be played by the same person consecutively? Just in a different town?

Sorry, bit of a dingus

#2 2019-05-28 05:46:10

Tarr
Banned

Re: ELI5: spawning mechanics

Yes, you can play in the same town if you just constantly walk out to rebirth people you want back into the town but it requires you to have people willing to go outside of the area for it.

So if your mom is out in the wilderness you can just /die to her and as long as she's outside of the town far enough you can be born to the same line that's within the town.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-05-28 05:48:04

RodneyC86

Tarr wrote:

Yes, you can play in the same town if you just constantly walk out to rebirth people you want back into the town but it requires you to have people willing to go outside of the area for it.

So if your mom is out in the wilderness you can just /die to her and as long as she's outside of the town far enough you can be born to the same line that's within the town.

So by extension, multi Towned families have a far better chance of getting revisiting players from last life?

#4 2019-05-28 05:48:59

Tarr
Banned

Well yeah, any towns that are both connected and inhabited by one family are the best towns due to not having people you can stab with swords.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2019-05-28 05:51:21

RodneyC86

Tarr wrote:

Well yeah, any towns that are both connected and inhabited by one family are the best towns due to not having people you can stab with swords.

Awesome sauce Tarr, thanks

I've been thinking of trying to make new settlements for big established towns. Good to know it has its use , even if odd. Such a bummer every town is basically the same though

Board footer