One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-28 04:15:27

futurebird

Are there any towns connected by roads?

I remember the long roads that we used to have, connecting two large towns, often a bell town and some other town. Now the bell town is best avoided, no one ever rings the bell and I haven't seen any "great roads" in a long time.

After all why would you want anyone to find your town? The best way to keep a town alive is to luck out and be on the edge of the main cluster of spawns and not have anyone happen across you.

And roads, especially long ones, make towns far too easy to find. No one wants to be found.

IDK. Maybe my observations are off, but are "great roads" dead?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-28 04:35:34

RodneyC86

Re: Are there any towns connected by roads?

As long as paranoia between family continues everyone will prefer to not have anything to do with other families. Expect more isolationist plays

Building a great road invites trouble now

#3 2019-05-28 04:40:11

lychee

Towns don't live long enough, imo. That's the main reason, I think.

If lines went a bit longer, people might have the time/energy to build mega-roads, but right now everything just seems abandoned.

The bloodbaths do not help. I feel like I see a lot of them (and soon after one happens, a town ties), and sometimes there's just a ton of misunderstandings that people don't bother to clarify. In Twisted's video from a few days ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tw5_mJGa8), he was ecstatic to kill a griefer eve -- but it turned out he was entirely mistaken and intimidated/killed an entirely innocent person instead.

And I think this sort of thing is really common. The kill chain propagates like that often.

#4 2019-05-28 04:44:51

Grim_Arbiter

Yeah pretty much. Why build a road if it is only going to end bad?

We need the sword to kill by name and not race if we want to see families work together. Two villages connected with multiple families would work if they ACTUALLY became one family by mixing.

Even the most basic nomad tribes in life are tiny families within in a unit.

That's Jason's one disconnect from adding these war swords I feel. It made the meta, anyone who doesn't look like me is automatically bad..

Instead of "We are family 1 and its us against the world" it should be "We are families 1,2, and 3 and families 4, and 5 are our friends.. families 6,7, and 8 are dicks and our enemies."

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-05-28 05:06:17

Keyin

I started playing a few days before the war sword was added... and honestly, the day or two when only a few people knew how to kill with right click + shift were my two favorite days of playing... the mood of the game felt much more relaxed.

Now half the time I am born into town there's a murder grave... and I cant focus on anything because there's always an eve coming to town.

Also, I notice after me and my family get massacred, I end up being in a town with a baby boom (because everyone died at once). Usually the town wont be able to handle the number of babies, and a famine happens... or a bunch of eves spawn nearby and come to kill us, too.

And the cycle of boom and bust continues.

Hopefully the new update to Eve spawning fixes this issue somewhat. Would be nice if seeing an Eve was a rare thing.

#6 2019-05-28 05:11:38

RodneyC86

lychee wrote:

Towns don't live long enough, imo. That's the main reason, I think.

If lines went a bit longer, people might have the time/energy to build mega-roads, but right now everything just seems abandoned.

The bloodbaths do not help. I feel like I see a lot of them (and soon after one happens, a town ties), and sometimes there's just a ton of misunderstandings that people don't bother to clarify. In Twisted's video from a few days ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tw5_mJGa8), he was ecstatic to kill a griefer eve -- but it turned out he was entirely mistaken and intimidated/killed an entirely innocent person instead.

And I think this sort of thing is really common. The kill chain propagates like that often.

See, what if the person innocently killed , thinking it was a griefer was just arrested instead?

I guess I'm reiterating many people suggestion is that we need something to restrain troublemakers first before we decide if someone should be executed

Now that I think about it, a Guillotine would be metal AF
sorry, I'm generally a morbid person

Board footer