One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 02:43:30

Avalikia

Login Failed

I bought the game yesterday but I still haven't been able to log in for the first time.  I'm using Windows 10.

My email address has no special characters, I entered it in very carefully and copy/pasted the code.  I've tried disabling my firewall and that doesn't help.  I've tried reinstalling the game several times, and this doesn't help - I've tried installing it in my desktop folder and in my downloads folder and this doesn't help.

I have noticed that no matter where I install it, when I first try to login it attempts to install an update, but then fails and says that there was an error with read only.  But if I go right back in a second time it seems to update just fine, but then when I try to login it says 'Login Failed'.  So I'm concerned that this may be an issue.

I'm also concerned that something may be wrong with my account on the game's end because when I purchased the game yesterday there was a weird error with my browser when I paid, so I'm wondering if it may have ended up being not fully activated - is that possible?

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to troubleshoot this!

#2 2018-03-21 05:42:40

Avalikia

Re: Login Failed

So, I've done some testing and found that I am capable of logging into private servers but not the official one.  So that means that I can actually play!  ...But I want to be able to play on the official server.  I mean, I paid money for that.

Now, I understand that this means that it's probably an issue with my account.  But my email address has no fancy characters, and I copy/pasted the code so it SHOULD work.  Why isn't it working?

#3 2018-03-21 18:49:46

Punschy

Absolute the same problem here...

#4 2018-03-22 07:31:59

Punschy

@Avalikia do u use the "@" symbol on screen?

#5 2018-03-22 16:37:18

Gilbert3591

Possible Fix
You should check your email to make sure you didn't buy the game 2 times by mistake, I bought mine with Amazon pay, got a single confirm purchase of 21.65, I then got a key from Jason Rohrer, that would not let me log in, the next day got a 2nd (delayed) email from Amazon pay. Also to note I never got a 2nd key, I contacted Jason and he says he fixed the issue and will refund me 1 purchase. I am not home so have not checked to see if this fixed it, I will update when I know the issue if fixed

#6 2018-03-23 05:54:07

Avalikia

Yeah, I got an email from Jason yesterday - apparently in my case I only got charged once, but due to an error I got two accounts, but only got sent one key, which didn't work.  He sent me a working key, so we're all good now. smile

Board footer