One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-27 23:20:33

futurebird

New meta?: Take a cart of iron to a new town when the last girl dies

I was a guy and the smith in a little town just getting started. I worked hard all my life but sadly at the tender age of 30 I realized that there were no more girls in our town, no more babies, it would be abandon. So rather than sadly tidy the town and bury everyone I decided to take the horse, load it with iron and set off to find some place that was ALIVE. I would give them the steel and wrought iron that I found and smelted and at lest my work would not be in vein. Perhaps they would kill me, but probably not when they saw my fabulous gifts!

DvnCWuz.jpg

In my mind I was also thinking what if I could meet a girl in that town, and she let me name one of her kids? That would be nice... But I tried to focus on riding and avoiding snakes.

In my travels I found so many towns that had failed, I could have filled my cart with iron and tools 4 times over!

6XYD59e.jpg

Perhaps, if I was young enough when I found the vibrant town of my dreams, I could come back and gather all the resources!

0iQHqIz.jpg

I could be the strange foreign hero who no one could understand, but who always came with gifts and a smile. Everyone would like me... especially the ladies... But I tried not to dream too much because as I rode on and on... I realized that I was growing old.

LMDujAE.jpg

Would I even find a lively town filled with people before I died?

Gyipf3t.jpg

I kept going and just as I knew my time was close I saw the signs of a town.

Ss6pH6G.jpg

I didn't get to ride in like a hero and show them the iron. I didn't get to meet a girl and name her child. I didn't get to make another trip to bring back more riches to my new home. But, I saw a little girl in a white hat collecting wild milkweed just before I died and she stopped so I know she saw my horse.

2UsnxGg.jpg

They will find the horse running just south of their town. They will wonder if the knife in my pack means I meant to kill. But, they will use the iron, and I hope they make many wonderful things.

kzLtzjY.jpg

I died happy, even though I had to travel so far.

Last edited by futurebird (2019-05-27 23:22:45)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-29 02:05:51

mikeyreza

Re: New meta?: Take a cart of iron to a new town when the last girl dies

things like this make me wish we could bind papers together to make books ingame!

Pine panel walls no longer require one rope each!

Board footer