One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-26 15:31:17

Ilka

What to do to attract new players? Advice for Jason that he never aske

Well, the game has a small player base. Jason's recent action to introduce what he considers attractive (private property and swords) is likely no to attract more players. The result will be that even the most loyal players will leave. But in order not to complain without sense, I will write what in my opinion can positively affect the game and make it more attractive.

1. First of all, the game needs a good tutorial. This basic can stay, but the new player should be able to practice their skills voluntarily. Tutorial sections - agriculture, blacksmithing, breeding, food, hunting, advanced technologies. Each player can enter and in a friendly environment learn the basics (and not only).

2. Eve should return to rebirth at a certain distance - the present density only encourages thieves and murderers.

3. Throw away the sword - in my opinion completely unnecessary (great only for griefers).

4. Simplify the curse system - the "curse ..." command and just point the cursor.

5. What to do with boring cities?

Give us the opportunity to live a luxurious life in the city - let people not be forced to make compost and watering berries.
My ideas - sprinklers for watering.
Instead of a useless car - a tractor.
Need to make a wheat field? We take the tractor and sow.
The berry field has dried up? Driving the tractor will fertilize the soil. Then we turn on the sprinklers.

Perhaps when you do not have to do all this people will be more willing to create your own residency.

6. Specialization and family secrets - to ensure that players are not bored, you can enter bonuses.

For example, a person who makes cakes has a 10% (?) chance of making an improved cake that gives 2 servings eat more (this may depend on the amount produced pies or random).
The person who succeeds in this will become a qualified baker.
The farmer may have a chance to grow an improved berry bush (two more berries), a hunter to make improved clothes, e.g. a hooded sweatshirt, replacing a cap, or a fur coat from a seal with a pocket.

Now, at the end of his life, the old man will choose his successor and tell him his secrets. Formula: "I pass on my knowledge ..."
The successor will have a 20% chance of making an improved product and becomes a master baker.
His successor will have a 30% chance, etc.

Maybe you would only be one qualified baker and master baker for the family.

Person who reaches a 100% chance to create an improved cake can do something nice eg to bake a wedding cake.
A hunter can make necklaces with wolf teeth, etc., such cool things, but not essential ones that can be traded.

These are my ideas to game and fun.

At the end - the game should be nice for ordinary players only so much and so much.

#2 2019-05-27 00:25:57

BladeWoods

Re: What to do to attract new players? Advice for Jason that he never aske

These are all game suggestions. To get new players you gotta do marketing.

#3 2019-05-27 02:28:42

Bob 101

Focus more on the town building and having needs change as civilization advances.

Griefing becoming harder the more advanced a town is.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-27 02:44:55)

#4 2019-05-27 03:12:22

Psykout

Quite a few of these have been mentioned already and have been talked about extensively. I'd like to break down a few of those points

• Tractors/Machinery

Would be cool of course, but I also don't think we have towns large enough to need that level of food production. It's pretty easy to spend 30 minutes being efficient and feed a LOT of people in the current state. There is a reason most stew plots are just 3x3 - That itself can make stew faster than it can be consumed by a long shot, especially if people are eating diverse foods and not solo eating one type of food.

• Tutorial

I do wish more time was spent on teaching slightly more advanced things. Most of the tutorial is very basic mechanics, but that also lends to the teaching aspect of the game. Jason wants players to teach each other things beyond temperature, hunger, how to harvest wild foods and to light fires. I will give you that its not often that nannies double as teachers. Back in the day I liked to try and teach newer people, but these days there is so much work to be done that it gets really hard to do both. Most of your veteran players that know things inside an out, are carrying a lot of weight especially with the necessity of higher tech like pumps. Having say a tutorial room that has all the newcomen machinery in it so you can make an engine could tread on the satisfaction of learning from trial and error in a live environment, or having someone teach you (either talking about each step or simply just watching them) Basic agriculture would be nice such as how to plant a berry bush, but then again once you understand you plant from seeds the rest comes pretty naturally, with slightly different steps. In the game engine the difficulty of higher tech is just longer series of steps, resources like onetech if you are a little familiar with game can really get you up to speed. Simply searching Bowl of Whole Milk and looking through the tree visual will get you from the first step of shooting the bison with calf all the way to getting the bucket of milk you fill it from. Spoon feeding that information would make the practice in game rather mundane in my opinion. Also the tutorial is in the game world on the server, once you break out what you can do it completely open. If you are determined to learn in game without being around others you technically can do all of the things you are asking for inside of there. I taught myself how to pump out as many tools as possible in one firing of a kiln there.

• Specializations

Very slippery slope. Best analogy would be property fence gates. How frustrating is it to not be able to open a fricken gate because someone hasn't come up and said you own this? I am not a master baker because someone came up and said "I pass on my knowledge..." I am a master baker because I learned how to make anything and everything that can come out of an oven. I don't need perks to tell me I am good at it, I spent the time to teach myself as a person to be good at it, an artificial barrier is not fun. A good farmer isn't someone who gets an extra berry or so from a bush, a good farmer is someone that knows how to organize and manage the berry farm, get stew plants from the wilds and make compost.

Not ragging on you, you are right, the learning curve is steep. Games with steep learning curves can be tough as nails, but also are way more rewarding when you get yourself above that curve. Adding bonuses isn't going to magically make people less bored, they are bored in the first place because they aren't attempting to challenge themselves to continue fighting the curve.

#5 2019-05-27 03:39:18

futurebird

I have never found anyone who taught me much of anything in game? I do a fair bit of teaching, but getting someone to teach is hard especially when you get beyond the basics. Has anyone here learned how to make an engine in game? I have taught how to make the pump... once. IDK I think some tutorials that didn't tell you everything but helped you to get started would be great. There is still a lot to learn and teach...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#6 2019-05-27 03:47:42

Psykout

More times than not when I have attempted to teach new players, they just don't listen. I am trying to talk you through the steps we are about to do, and you just run up and light the kiln and try using your hands to heat up iron when I was trying to show you how to fire the wet bowls then cap it for charcoal and THEN show how to pound out iron. My first and only thought was always would you stop trying to think and do, and just listen/watch. It lengthens the teaching process to the point that it feels fruitless, so therefore I just kind of gave up on it. Few are even willing to admit there are things they don't know, and their confusion clouts their ability to absorb information. This is why I hold you in regard for going into education Future, I couldn't do it. Even in a kitchen setting I have preached, just take a breath and do what you know how to do and stop overthinking everything and making yourself look like an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZdRy_GGwk
Can't believe I actually found a chance to post a video of Tom Cruise as a Samurai and it fit....

#7 2019-05-27 04:26:54

Friendly Isopod

Honestly, general survival in this game is too hard for what it hopes to accomplish. I get that making a civilization shouldn't be easy, but surely a lot of new players are turned off by how easy it is to starve and how many times they die as a kid before they get the hang of surviving. Some probably just say forget it and quit playing.

We are supposed to be parenting our children, but are regularly forced to abandon them, and for the sake of the town they need to start contributing at age three. We are trying to build a civilization, but there's no time to teach when everyone is rushing around trying to not starve and get stuff done at the same time. New players regularly die because they are unable to drop items. It's so normal for people to starve that others generally don't react. Skeletons of starvation victims litter our towns, but we continue on as though our various family members' dead bodies haven't been sitting by the berries for thirty years because we've got more pressing matters to deal with. Many lives are such a frantic race to survive that the small things, like saying hi to your grandkids or even just having a non-rushed conversation with a family member, can't happen. We just need a minute to breathe every once in a while. I know this will get a lot of flak, but lowering the hunger bar depletion rate would help with new player retention.

#8 2019-05-27 04:40:00

Spoonwood

futurebird wrote:

I have never found anyone who taught me much of anything in game? I do a fair bit of teaching, but getting someone to teach is hard especially when you get beyond the basics. Has anyone here learned how to make an engine in game? I have taught how to make the pump... once. IDK I think some tutorials that didn't tell you everything but helped you to get started would be great. There is still a lot to learn and teach...

I learned how to make an engine by reading the wiki and then logging in to my town on a low pop server.  I didn't have anyone coaching me, just the wiki.  I MIGHT have watched some old clips (which I don't think exist anymore) of LostScholar and Frost making an engine also.

How I learned how to make a radio comes as a bit more interesting, because I would basically look stuff up while in game instead of in between games.  Actually, I'm still doing that with a radio, as it's not like I remember all of it.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2019-05-27 07:03:38

breezeknight

players retention of this game is HORRIBLE

& that's because the trailers, screenshots & descriptions promiss something that the gameplay doesn't deliver in the least

a game about civilization building & parenting
where half of the babies & kids die because of mechanics like /die added, mothers killing their babies unpunished, no features included to actually rear kids & teach kids, family doesn't matter at all, dead are pile of bones in the way, lineage only in browser not game, killers still present in lineage, unaddressed issue of experienced players spawned as babies to noobs ...
where artificial features like fences, curses, spawn bans, war swords & one blow kills meet the lack of organizational tools, lack of reward for being constructive
no wonder if it all ends up in massacre, that's the only fun this game has to offer meantime, quick kill instead of endless unrewarding rinse & repeat grind in a "town" of garbage as faceless as any other "town"

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-05-27 07:04:41)

#10 2019-05-27 07:21:17

BerrypickerAF

One of these for the entire current player base:
73mrYQp.png
If we all were starting from square 1 we would be a lot more helpful to each other and promote learning/teaching, increasing retention rate. I was lucky to have started around the temp update where people had to start to figure things out all over again.

Alternatively lower the damn difficulty curve. It's asinine, try watching someone who's never played - even after a dozen lives they are barley catching on on how to be useful. I would compare it to Binding of Isaac (popular hardcore indie game) but without the fast paced action which drive you to learn and keep playing.
The tutorial needs to be mandatory after teaching you basic controls and how to make a fire (which let's be honest, you'll maybe do one every few lives unless you force eve spawn). The craft system could be a lot more accessible in-game too.

Last edited by BerrypickerAF (2019-05-27 07:22:21)

#11 2019-05-27 07:29:32

RodneyC86

BerrypickerAF wrote:

One of these for the entire current player base:
https://i.imgur.com/73mrYQp.png
If we all were starting from square 1 we would be a lot more helpful to each other and promote learning/teaching, increasing retention rate. I was lucky to have started around the temp update where people had to start to figure things out all over again.

Alternatively lower the damn difficulty curve. It's asinine, try watching someone who's never played - even after a dozen lives they are barley catching on on how to be useful. I would compare it to Binding of Isaac (popular hardcore indie game) but without the fast paced action which drive you to learn and keep playing.
The tutorial needs to be mandatory after teaching you basic controls and how to make a fire (which let's be honest, you'll maybe do one every few lives unless you force eve spawn). The craft system could be a lot more accessible in-game too.

+1

More tutorials please

#12 2019-05-27 14:36:20

Kamor

You can go for more marketing, but if game is not what new players thought it is, this will straight go in the other direction. You will find more and more information in the web, about angry players saying "this game sucks" and such things.

The best way to attract new players is to have a good game. If players like this game and the game makes fun this will attract other players automatically.

The most problem in this game is the anonymity and behind the anonymity the "bad guys". In web we can hide so often behind nicknames, but in this game we can hide each life behind another name. So there is no way to find friends.

This would help massivly, if we found good players and could put them on a like list and the opposite if there are players griefing, destroying, insulting, ... we should put them on a don´t like list. The tricky thing is the spawn algorithm. On the one site players should play more often with players they like. On the other site players shouldn´t play any more with players they don´t like.

This would help to sort the "shit" out. ;-)

Yeah and game difficulty is hard, to hard for new players. Best is play alone on separate servers to learn some things, but new players didn`t know this option. Tutorial helps mostly for the really basic stuff and not more.

futurebird wrote:

In one game someone wants me to teach building a Newcomen Pump. He meaned i should go first find iron and then build this pump (find iron lol and then ... rofl). I was child, no clothing. Each word he typed, i need to eat a berry. To explain him, that my food go to fast to listen him, i needed to separate my sentence in some few words, no one understand if he miss reading one word, cause of my limited chars on that age. I stopped then listen to him and tried to concentrate on farming, my survival and looking for some clothes. I learned the Newcomen Pump on isolated server and on wiki later, of course i had no iron to build it, but i managed to make the Rubber Tire. (*shaking head* **)

You have no good chance to teach complex things, because of limited chars and limited time (also hard gamedifficulty).

** shaking heads, because techs are so insane, if you compare them with the gametime a player has. I know "You are a part of a story..." and so one, yeah i made the sharp stone which finaly completes the Newcomen Pump, but rest of the life i tried to survive and feed the family. Water tech sucks, you build a well and fill 2 buckets and its empty? You upgrade to deep well, fill some more buckets and its gone? What the hell? You upgrade to Newcomen Pump and get 2 buckets for one pile of coal each and some few minutes later its gone??? You are kidding, we need multiply lifes to build this shit, but you can bring a spring from well to Newcomen Pump and exhaust well in one life (some minutes) if all upgrade stuff is prepared? That´s so bad (hard) balanced.

Last edited by Kamor (2019-05-27 14:59:35)

#13 2019-05-27 17:00:43

JonySky
Website

OHOL is a good game and the main idea is fun and promising, but it takes a balance, diversity and solve the current problems of OHOL to continue moving forward

Above all, a balance is needed in:

the swords of war
suicidal babies
the time to be able to explain to the newcomers
the time to enjoy a life
in the resources of the map
the curses
All cities look the same

I also believe that some updates have been implemented that are too advanced at the time, such as:

Cars
the airplanes
the trains
the radios

And there have been updates that in my way of seeing the game, do not make sense ...

Letters
dogs
the pigs
rubber balls
fish fishing

for me this is necessary to solve the lack of balance and the problems of OHOL

Explore on horseback or on foot (we need maps, compasses, multimarcars, etc ...)
make family (adoptions by men, the importance of man in the family, babies with father)
the funerals (death is the most disastrous management in this game at the moment, nobody buries anyone unless it is for doing something)
avoid suicidal babies (there was talk about the TOKEN of / die and penalties ... suicide is free and it ruins and demoralizes the experience of many players, it also creates indifference with the new births of babies)
books and libraries
storage and food silos
updates with logic (we can cut a radish with a sharp stone but not with a knife, we can not eat a tomato or an onion, we can not tie our horse to a tree)
updates with a chronology (we have planes but we do not have tractors, we have diesel pumps to extract water but we can not make irrigation channels)

I currently enjoy OHOL, but I need to solve this and some other things before continuing to evolve in new ideas

#14 2019-05-27 21:02:21

Saolin

Two things I think would improve the gameplay experience in general is longer lasting wells, and increased spawn distance for players. I get wanting villages to have a chance of running into each other, but I feel it has been pushed too far to the extreme. I believe eves will tend to spawn in areas near town that are likely to be depleted of resources already, leaving them little option other than to head into town where they know they will likely be killed. This incentivizes a griefer play style from eves whi likely are presented with few, if any, viable options.

#15 2019-05-27 21:20:39

breezeknight

Kamor wrote:

The most problem in this game is the anonymity and behind the anonymity the "bad guys". In web we can hide so often behind nicknames, but in this game we can hide each life behind another name. So there is no way to find friends.

This would help massivly, if we found good players and could put them on a like list and the opposite if there are players griefing, destroying, insulting, ... we should put them on a don´t like list. The tricky thing is the spawn algorithm. On the one site players should play more often with players they like. On the other site players shouldn´t play any more with players they don´t like.

This would help to sort the "shit" out. ;-)

i suggested something similar here but nobody was interested

@JonySky

i couldn't agree more

the only difference is
i can't stand anymore how little shit this game gives about everyday life experience
so i don't play it any longer
the game had first to improve massively in the simple everyday life part before i come back playing it

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-05-27 21:35:53)

#16 2019-05-27 21:48:49

Ilka

Teaching new players is difficult. I only know that I've taught a few people to make dough and compost and it usually takes all my life.

The problem is that there are not many people who want to study recipes with Onetech and there is always too much to do in the game (and children are born, so it is best if the teacher and student are men).

OHOL was a good game although difficult but now it has become unbearable. Each subsequent life is a several - a dozen or so bodies of people killed by someone plus all those who die of hunger. I have not seen anything greater than the average village since the introduction of swords. Imbalance can be seen everywhere.

Many times I was disappointed with the changes introduced to the game by Jason but now a certain limit has been crossed.
It was supposed to be a game about building together cool things for future generations.

Now it looks like this - I'm born and I see bloody bodies (I do not know what's going on), then comes peace Eve- is murdered (I raise her child), comes murderous Eve kills someone and is killed. Several people kill each other later (I still do not know what's going on). And so on and on. I do not feel attached to my family and I am tired of constant murders.

When it comes to cities, I would like us to have a positive goal that we can aspire to - create a utopian city where you do not have to work. For now the most time-consuming project is ... apocalypse.

And I forgot about a very important thing - I think that the zoom mod should be in the basic game. Without it, the game is 10 times more difficult.

Breezeknight- It looks like a good idea now that the donkey town is not working.

#17 2019-05-27 22:43:54

breezeknight

@Ilka

the game should contain features which reward players for their constructive way to play it - this is what i am preaching since months, actually since i started here in forum, a year ago !

as long constructive gameplay, which is eg teaching new players, is not being rewarded but just taken for granted, the actual violent gameplay will win the upper hand !
to kill & grief is easier to make & if orchestrated as group per discord it can be even more fun

where is the fun of playing constructively ? the feeling of being a good hearted human being ? lol
i don't need a game to make me feel that way, lol

& really, i have nothing against the inclusion of war into OHOL, i did accept murder weapons in OHOL since beginning but the violence has to be the exception & not the rule ! a peaceful life has to be the rule, the basis & not constantly killing each other
if i want to play a game where i kill others & get killed, the gaming market is filled with games like that, so why play this in a game that claims to be about civilization
what has killing each other to do with civilization ?

but since Jason mentions Rust as his current model for OHOL, so what is to be expected how this game will play in the future ?

i wish Jason would model OHOL along The Sims, but this is never going to happen
cause The Sims is not a "real game", as all the "real gamers", the "hardcore gamers" know, the "hardcore gamers" who all use a zoom mod to grief easier, to find their way around all the garbage easier, to find iron easier, to get away from wolves easier, who use the awbz to either kill the "fertile females" or quit because there are "no fertile females" around, lol

the only thing OHOL manages so far is to show clearly the polarization in gaming
i stated that also months ago already - in OHOL clash two sorts of players - simulations players & city builders with roleplayers & FPS-players
those two sorts of gamers don't fit & since Jason prefers clearly the second, so the game is being developed towards violence while the first group of players is thinned out systematically update after update
i persevered through decay, apocalypse 1, being healed by others only, temperature but the fences, the war sword, races & artificial language barriers are just too much while the peaceful life is still just barely getting by on a hunger ration of Jasons will to support it

- - -

#18 2019-05-27 23:40:23

futurebird

The sims??

The sims is a game about lifestyle fulfillment. It's about consumerist fantasies setting up the perfect house, the perfect clothing, it's really all about *stuff* the human interactions are on the level of your average discord chat, funny, not very serious and with very little that's deep or meaningful. The Sims would never have you be *born* to another player, because having the freedom to customize your own stuff is the game's big draw.

I really hope OHOL never becomes anything like that, it just wouldn't be challenging or interesting in the same way and if you want to play the sims it's right there.

I know exactly what you mean about people falling in to the trap of thinking that violence makes a game "hardcore" people who think that someone who plays the sims and pokemon go can't be a real "gamer" I do think some people in this forum fall in to that trap, but I don't think that's what Jason is doing? Like not at all.

I just think that he's going for more depth and putting players in challenging positions which I both appreciate (when it works) and HATE (when it fails)-- I do think he's fallen for the idea that violence is the easy road to greater depth, but lots of creatives fall for that. Many deep stories have violence, but not all violence is deep.

The way the war swords worked at first was terrible. But, they have grown in to something more interesting, if less "game changing" --the language update just keeps getting better and better. I always like it, but having played with it more and more I love it.

IDK. things were really terrible a week or two ago. And people will always dislike ANY change to something they like. So having a game that people like AND changes all the time is hard. But there have been some really good changes:

-seeing the number of years people have been dead when you hover over a grave
-stacking carrots
-language

and now we have a really good change to the ways that Eve's spawn. I really hope it works.

That all said I don't think it's the little changes to the game that keep it from becoming more popular. It's the lack of promotions. We need youTube contests and basically Jason should hire some sort of promotional firm to just get more eyes on the game. If you go some of the more serious newspaper columnists and magazine editors to look at it they might write a feature on it just because it's so unique. IDK if Jason is sending out press releases I get the feeling he's depending on word of mouth which is never going to be as effective as having help from someone who knows media...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#19 2019-05-28 01:40:49

breezeknight

@futurebird
you apparently played maybe only TS4 or The Sims Mobile, or TS Freeplay, lol

if you'd played TS1, TS2 & TS3 then you'd know what i am talking about

& yes, The Sims is a singleplayer game ... because the devs were sane enough not to introduce griefers into the game, because it has sex woohoo

The Sims is about life, OHOL is about life also, that's the similarity
& yes, i think the multiplayer aspect in OHOL is a very important part but with multiplayer always come griefers, there is not one game that would be multiplayer & wouldn't have griefers as well, then it's only the question how the devs are dealing with griefers
Jason apparently tries to embrace them, i don't think it's the right way, but it fits Jason's preferences for violent gameplay

OHOL will never get popular as long Jason doesn't know what a game he is making at all & which sort of players he wants to have it playing
so far he started with city builders & got rid of them by adding decay, moved then to crafting folks but the rinse & repeat cumbersomness without much reward is for most players too much & now it's PvP without PvP options
griefers are the most happy & were always the most entertained with OHOL, that's why i wrote already the vision is probably "Make a Game for Griefers" tongue

more advertising doesn't improve gameplay & unrewarding gameplay is OHOL's killer

- - -

#20 2019-05-28 01:59:01

Saolin

Also I just want to say, as someone who's been playing since just before the pump overhaul update, I didn't expect to stick with this game, I've been on a survival game kick and I just needed something to do.  But what kept me coming back after my first night of not knowing how to help with anything and playing mostly empty-feeling lives (especially as a male) was the in-game bond you establish when someone takes the time to teach you something, or you work together to accomplish a task, or you raise and clothe your kids to prepare them for life and encourage them to help the village.  It can be touching to work together with the other characters towards the longterm prosperity of the village, knowing you'll never be back to see the fruits of your labour.  It makes it very fulfilling at times and very sad at others.  No other game I'm aware of offers this and it's what allowed this game to make an impression on me, it would be unfortunate to see it go if the game just continues to devolve into inevitable killing bonanzas every life.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-05-28 02:04:25)

#21 2019-05-28 06:27:00

Kamor

breezeknight wrote:

i suggested something similar here but nobody was interested
- - -

Everything we are posting here is normaly wasted, if informations are not collected and rewrite here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggestions/

Except some ideas going at night to jasons dreams. ;-)

This depends on this sticky.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=406

So you need information collectors on forum here and bring this information sorted to the next area. If not, all postings here in forum are mainly wasted. I think this is the rule here in forum?

#22 2019-05-28 09:00:35

breezeknight

@Kamor

corresponding suggestion was here
i linked both to each other

here you can see the changes Jason actually makes to the gameplay
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/commits/master

i am still hanging around because i see that he's working on the game
but the changes he introduces are not supportive towards peaceful constructive gameplay ... since EVER
as i already wrote countless times - the only update which addressed directly improvements to everyday life, to quality of in game life was the stacking carrots update & that was made beginning of march this year
every other update was either about aggressive gameplay, making life harder, more cumbersome, high tech or some statistical changes to how things work in game aka some balancing fixes, which didn't improve anything that i can think of

OHOL needs a change in vision, maybe Jason just doesn't see the forest for trees
that's why i write always about how constructive gameplay has to be fostered, because the basics just don't encourage players to care for each other, the game has no features or options included which would give reasons why cooperation & communication would be a good thing, more worthy than just to kill, play against each other or just play as this was a singleplayer, where the player is surounded by mindless AI

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-05-28 09:01:01)

#23 2019-05-28 15:49:44

Kamor

Ok, i haven´t the view now whats going on in this extended platform. Tried to see forum first with some kind of eagle vision. You can´t read everything here, sometimes persons here need a whole page to fighting each other in public.

Looks like this is the classic ego problem. Most developer don´t want to hear from "stupid" gamers, how to change there coding. It´s a kind of "It´s my game. I am the god. My word is the only." *only joking* I understand this at some point, because you do all the coding stuff, spend hours to make the ideas running and others think they can dream the changes simply by posting it. :-) But honestly (experienced!) gamers are the best persons to balance a game. Of course you need to filter.

Ok i looked the other platform. I think at the beginning it was a nice try to sort the chaos from here, but know its more chaos there. I will be more and more a mirror of the forum or more worse. *lol* I tried to scroll down, its still loading the site. If everyone can post his ideas and there is no container to sort it. *You are kidding me, it´s still loading*. There is also the possibility of discussion, so at some point you have two forums now. Then you try to do the shit, you currently trying, crosslinking, trying to reduce redundance and such things? I don`t know, if this is worth it, when the developer don't look there or only look limited there? You need experienced gamers (not me :-P), who have the time and the view, to sort this second forum again? *lol it´s still loading, 5 minutes i try to scroll down. Ok there is a kind of container, you can sort it by different views, but my browser still ask me. "What you are doing with me, don´t do this."

Ok enough joking, it´s a mess there.

Edit: Ok you can limit it by time, up to one week is viewable, but longer goes more and more to chaos.

Last edited by Kamor (2019-05-28 15:56:43)

Board footer