One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-21 20:42:27

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Home maker 2

Again with the home maker even if i break it i still cant see the bell tower distance..

I really love this baby on my display

#2 2019-05-22 03:52:06

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Home maker 2

The home marker is a little weird.  It's actually client-side only, and the server doesn't know they exist.

You may need to build a new one in the area, close to where your old "ghost" home marker is lurking, and then clear that one.

Sometimes, just clearing it isn't enough, especially if someone else moved it a bit.  Your client only remembers YOURS where you actually built it.  In order to clear it, you either have to:

1.  Destroy a marker at that exact same location.

2.  Build a new marker close to the original location, which will override the old one, and then clear the new one.

#3 2019-05-22 10:16:40

JonySky
Website

Jason, I think necessary a change in the system of markers and positioning, I think we should have a slightly more advanced system ... for example the creation of maps
maps that you can mark positions and transfer it to your relatives ...

In my last lives as a woman I have dedicated myself to distributing children in different early camps to help ....
I always ask my children if they want to stay or go back to the big city and the vast majority stay in the camp early
I think it's a good way to avoid the / die

the problem is that when I return to my hometown, it is very difficult to find those early camps again
I believe that a map to mark positions would solve this problem and could be transmitted to children born in big cities

#4 2019-05-22 11:35:44

Starknight_One

Would it be possible to display the stack of home-markers as layered icons at the bottom (like overlapping cards) and give you the ability to switch between them with a mouse-click or perhaps using the arrow keys on the keyboard? The game is already keeping track of them (whether client-side or server-side), so it would just be a matter of showing them on the screen. You only have to display one marker at a time, like so:

[[[[ v ]]]

This would give more utility to the home-marker stack, and help us survive/build civilization anew.

#5 2019-05-22 14:03:28

lychee

Off the wall idea: marker stones.

Hit a home marker with a magic rock and now the magic rock will point to the marker whenever you are holding it. Maybe you could pass this along to your children or other people.

Or perhaps you find a body in the wilderness and a marker stone they dropped, and it points somewhere, but where does it lead?

#6 2019-05-22 16:09:53

RodneyC86

I once used Hansel and Gretel GPS with slices of bread because only having one marker at a time sucks when you need to go back and forth an iron mine . It didn't work too well

Last edited by RodneyC86 (2019-05-22 16:10:24)

Board footer