One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-19 03:43:13

Bob 101

Town Bunkers, Altarnative to walls. Also Family Gates.

Walls are annoying to maintain and block exploration.

A bunker is a simple walled off area within the town, With some supplies to survive a raid and possibly rebuild afterwards.

I saw a suggestion for watch towers that let you shoot arrows at intruders. I imagine a castle like structure with ballistas to snipe off any unwanted visitors, Could be a gun turret in later times. The turrets would be great for area deniel so even commoners living around the fort would have some protection.

But for now we can only have a fenced in area with some food while people outside fight the raiders.

I think that Jason did actually have Wars in mind even when he made the trailer. The robots will automatically shoot anybody not in the family. Then having tram systems so allied towns could get past the defences.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-19 03:55:20)

#2 2019-05-19 12:18:38

Solbusaur

Re: Town Bunkers, Altarnative to walls. Also Family Gates.

It's what I've been saying. Agreed

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#3 2019-05-19 21:58:40

Sukallinen

Re: Town Bunkers, Altarnative to walls. Also Family Gates.

Solbusaur wrote:

It's what I've been saying. Agreed

Same. I called them watchtowers, since three people/door to town is not rly fun (for me) to play. Don't know others might find it fun.
Load watchtower near entrance/at entrance with arrows and pies, a person inside untouchable until supplies out. Watchtower kind of very large backpack. You can open way north/south or such. Exit when mom says someone is reliable and nobody else nearby.

Sounds less OP than swords atm, or with any debuff I think they might have. Also allows trade, come in, take cart of iron, leave cart of that. Problem ? Bring a basket at a time, have a friend (eves don't need friend).

Last edited by Sukallinen (2019-05-19 22:03:05)

Board footer