One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-16 18:08:31

futurebird

imagine if we felt respect for the dead...

If /die babies didn't leave bone piles, then the heaps of bone in our towns would be much more disturbing. Each pile would represent someone who WANTED to live there and build the town with you, but couldn't make it or who died of old age. I just think if /die babies weren't on the family tree and didn't leave any bones it would make the bone piles and the names in the tree more significant. In reality baby bones are rarely preserved in archeological sites. So, giving them a different look and making them de-spawn much much faster than regular bones would add realism as well.

This would still mean you could be interrupted and have your hunger drained by a /die baby... but at least it would not clutter the camp as much and if you wanted to make a grave yard it would be a bit easier to honor your family members who didn't make it.

Baby bones should be like banana peels or leaves something that you put on the ground and don't worry about cleaning up.

But, maybe being on bone removal duty for two lives has gotten to me a bit.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-16 18:16:16

Keyin

Re: imagine if we felt respect for the dead...

I agree, though I do not think it should be as short as banana peel or leaves. I was thinking maybe 30-45 minutes?

45 minutes because that would mean the bones would still be there for the whole life of the mother if she wants to grieve her child. There are cases where babies get killed by something else.(I've gotten stabbed as a baby)

Maybe only do this for /die babies, so if you /die it leaves behind a different type than if you die naturally? Or if the baby dies under the age of 1/2?

#3 2019-05-16 18:28:28

Spoonwood

I agree futurebird... good point!

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-05-16 18:38:53

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, I'll do something about the DIE baby bones.

Though it is really funny that it's a problem.  SO MANY DEAD BABIES.

#5 2019-05-16 22:06:28

Hans

jasonrohrer wrote:

Yeah, I'll do something about the DIE baby bones.

Though it is really funny that it's a problem.  SO MANY DEAD BABIES.

I think its kind of interesting how thanks to  /die the infant mortality in this game matches (okay probably exceeds) the infant mortality in primitive societies.

#6 2019-05-17 03:53:24

spurofthemoment

If the pregnancy update is implemented, this will make a lot of sense. In that case, since most /die users will probably /die during the pregnancy period where they can preview the town, there won't be any bones to get rid of at all, and it would make sense that they aren't on the family tree, since many times the mom probably won't even know she was pregnant.

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

Board footer