One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-15 18:59:43

Hiyodori

Idea: Language Learning

Many people do not want to fight.
The sword has been added in the last update.
And for the first time today I was stabbed with a sword. I was scared. As I am not good at English, it takes a long time to curse because I do not know words and spelling errors. lol

By the way, we may be in the same village as other families. Everyone wants to get along well.
My idea is that if there are other family members on the play screen, the timer will run behind, and it will be friendly and be able to talk after a set amount of time.
You can not use a sword if you are friendly.
Even in the real world, I think you can talk with foreigners in 5 to 10 years.

If there are a large number of other family members on the screen, it may be better to have a function to accelerate learning time.
For example, 20 minutes for one person, 10 minutes (2x speed) for 2 to 4 people, 5 minutes (3x speed) for 5 or more people.

---------------------------------------------------
多くの人々は争いたくありません。前回のアップデートで剣が追加されました。
そして今日、初めて私は剣で刺されました。怖かったです。
私は英語が下手なので、スペルミス&単語がわからないので呪うのに時間がかかります。

ところで、私たちは他の家系と同じ村にいることもある。みんなは仲良くしたいです。
私のアイディアは、他の家系の人がプレイ画面に映っている場合、裏でタイマーが進み、決められた時間経つと友好関係になり会話ができるようになるというものです。
友好な場合剣を使えない。
現実の世界でも、外国人と5~10年あれば会話ができると思います。

画面に映っている他の家系の人数が多い場合、学習時間が早くなる機能があると良いかもしれない
例えば、1人は20分、2~4人は10分(2倍速)、5人以上は5分(3倍速)。

#2 2019-05-16 04:03:11

spurofthemoment

Re: Idea: Language Learning

It took me far too long to realize the Japanese at the bottom said the same thing as the English...I am very bad at kanji. sad

But, using my own (very poor) Japanese as an example...I've been studying it (not intensively) for just over 1 year now, and while I can read some and speak a little, it's still pretty bad. If I had been immersed in it, I'd probably know a lot more. Also, I've studied Spanish for about 5 years now, and while there's still a lot I don't understand, I can talk to Spanish speakers fairly easily. Writing is even easier, and I like that currently in-game, foreigners can communicate through writing even when they can't speak to others, since learning to write in another language is usually much easier than learning to speak.

The difference is immersion versus studying...I agree that if you're immersed in another language for several in-game years, your character ought to pick up some of the language even if the player struggles. Maybe the words for common items like "sheep," "forge," "smith," and so on could appear after awhile, even if other words like "the," "lol," "so," and so on might still be scrambled.

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

Board footer