One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-15 14:11:30

futurebird

I was a Champ. A wild story.

Right after the server reset I lived my favorite life in a long while. My mom was Eve and I was a boy... not a promising start, worse we were in a terrible location. Too many other Eve's nearby and the wild food was being picked away. My mom and I went north, and somehow didn't get separated. I ran along with a triangle stone digging up food for her and the kids she was having. At last we were in a small green area with a bit of wild food, but no water in sight. I told my mom I'd scout for a better location and I (and my brothers) took off to search. But the area was barren and as I ran further and further looking for a spot I thought "there is no way they will still be there waiting by the time I get back" But then, at last, I found a spot! It was a bit far 4 biomes to the north, but it had water, soil and a spring: so I went back to find my mom and little brothers and sisters.

She was alive! And she had a little girl. Soon we got everyone moved to the location I found. We got food growing and I hunted some rabbits. But, then I realized that my sister was the only girl and she just had one little girl niece. Would this be the end for us?

It wasn't. My niece survived and is the mother of *everyone* in this family. It was one of those bottlenecks-- where the survival of a family of 100s came down to just one woman.

I was happy with the game, and I don't often look at my family tree for games where I'm a guy, but for some reason I decided to take a look... this is what I saw:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4448841

Amazing! I would have been happy with 5 or 6 generations!

I think what made this game so good was the way we traveled together, the way that we kept finding each other after looking for new locations,  and it felt so good to be needed and dig up food for my mother as we made our way north-- I think I just lucked out and had really competent players who were in a good mood and motivated in my family. Normally, trying to scout for a new location results in death. Normally, you come back to look for people and they are dead or lost, but we stayed together. And then --finding out that our family survived for so long...! I wish I could have seen the Wild Village at it's height. Thank you to everyone who came after us for keeping it going.

Did any of you live in this town? What was it like?

Last edited by futurebird (2019-05-15 18:23:10)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-15 18:19:31

MistressZues

Re: I was a Champ. A wild story.

OMG YOU WERE MY MOST FAVORITE SON EVER!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I was reborn there http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4458214 and it was amazing! we really really grew the place was huge had many buildings an was near unrecognizable we had planes and cars!! When I was reborn to them I told everyone how I was eve and how my best son journeyed far and I made sure we all waited for him because I had total faith in your capability! I renamed my kids after the originals. You did an amazing job an found us the perfect spot! Now to find out one of my fav ppl to read on the forums was that amazing son! BEST LIFE EVER! Thank you for being the best!

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#3 2019-05-15 20:02:00

futurebird

I so glad that you saw this post! That game was incredible and you were an amazing mom. I remember when I thought you'd died and discover that you made it to the new location after all. I was so happy. And I think the Wild family did rather well for it's self. GG always!

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-05-15 21:35:17

MistressZues

Yea we did great unfortunately a griefer from within named Pepper wiped out the line. So sad. gg though! I want to join discord so I can start actually playing with people I end up enjoying to play with.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer