One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-05-19 00:57:35

QuirkySmirkyIan

Re: Ways to make EVERY life precious

i would be down for this but ive seen people say 2 lifes per hour for veterans i feel like 3 would be more reasonable

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#77 2019-05-19 02:28:17

MiniblueWarrior

Maybe people suicide till they "luck out" because they dislike never getting to progress in the same place and never get to have a real connection with a family. Starting over constantly is a real drag. I dont know how anyone is suppose to develop a connection with a family or really care for a towns survival when you leave for a new one every hour to do it all again.

Edit: we paid for the game, if you try to tell me that we only get so many chances to  play an hour or have to pay for lives then that would be wrong.

Last edited by MiniblueWarrior (2019-05-19 02:30:56)

#78 2019-05-19 03:24:08

Spoonwood

MiniblueWarrior wrote:

Maybe people suicide till they "luck out" because they dislike never getting to progress in the same place and never get to have a real connection with a family. Starting over constantly is a real drag. I dont know how anyone is suppose to develop a connection with a family or really care for a towns survival when you leave for a new one every hour to do it all again.

I agree.  But I will warn you that their exist indications that the game designer doesn't care about what other people think and feel at this point in time.  That could change in the future, but I suspect that the game designer would just rather discover tricks to get you to play the way he believes you should play instead of fitting game design to accomodate his goals and people's desires.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#79 2019-05-19 04:13:01

MiniblueWarrior

Spoonwood wrote:
MiniblueWarrior wrote:

I agree.  But I will warn you that their exist indications that the game designer doesn't care about what other people think and feel at this point in time.  That could change in the future, but I suspect that the game designer would just rather discover tricks to get you to play the way he believes you should play instead of fitting game design to accomodate his goals and people's desires.

Yeah in the end its his game. Its just a real shame since I feel it will never take off like that. I only really keep throwing that point out on the forums because it is a really well thought out and ambitious game but that aspect seems to bludgeon so much of the enthusiasm people otherwise have for it. I feel like if he gave it a chance he would find that people would love doing everything he wants them to do simply because they will feel like they truly have a meaningful existance in the game, rather than a fleeting glimpse of it bouncing across the map.

#80 2019-05-19 08:45:29

ArcticFox

I don't know if this kind of suggestion has already been made at some point, I just joined this forum. I never join anything in the internet, but I love this game so much I had to. smile

What if the player was given a trait when born. If the player uses /die or dies otherwise before a specific age (lets say for example 15), the player would be given the same trait again in the next life. Maybe this would encourage a player to try to stay alive? And when the character is 15, maybe the player has already become invested to the village life and doesn't want to die anymore. If the trait wouldn't affect the player negatively, only positively, it wouldn't even be a reason to make the player angry if he/she dies in starvation or what ever, by accident.

Possible traits could be for example:

-Farmer: The crops the player plants grow a little faster
-Hunter: Needs only one arrow to kill an animal, including bears and other animals that normally need more than one, or the rabbit dies a bit quicker in the snare
-Smith: The forge or kiln stays warm a little longer
etc.

Everything else would stay the same, so if you were born with a farmer trait but don't want to be a farmer, you don't have to, because there are no negative effects.

Of course the players who don't care about having the same trait over and over would use /die the same amount they do now. But maybe some players would find this as encouragement to stay in the village and live on, so they can have some other trait in the next life. Maybe this would give some kind of extra purpose to life, for some at least.

Edit:I just thought of this... This could also add some kind of "trade" to the game. For example, there are two early(ish) towns near each other. The other village has two people with the farmer trait, the other one does not have any but they have two hunters. So, maybe the other town could send "help" to the other town, in form of a person with the farmer trait and the other could send the hunter in return. The towns now share some kind of bond with each other.

Last edited by ArcticFox (2019-05-19 09:43:24)

#81 2019-05-19 09:56:50

Amon

I would err on removing lives from people. Those are most commonly suggsted by those that most harshly want to punish the /DIErs, when dying is a nausaince at best.
It punishes everyone in the process and is grossly unfair.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

Board footer