One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-11 01:38:02

DaTrüf!

Why I Wrote the Pitbull Post

Idk how many times I have to say this but: I was getting sick and tired of 'griefers' just running up on you and stabbing you randomly, like its so fucking annoying. So, I decided: what if I could shift the tides; have people who absoulely have to grief do actuall hardwork. Steps allong the way of actually having to accomplish griefing. Things that could be detected on a somewhat easy level, though had its own fairness of complexity to it. So, I made the pitbull post, to have griefers do better things. Providing using pitbulls, a lineage would have to be somewhere far through the tech tree to be a viable target of being pitbull griefed. I specificially changed the convo of wanting to have griefers be targeting big towns. Why? Why big towns? Because I was sick and tired of being an eve, starting an eve lineage and playing in it, and all of a sudden someone would hide shit behind trees, or just randomly ass shoot or stab someone. It was my own selfish needs to have griefers to just LEAVE ME ALONE. I dont actually belive that killing big towns helps eves, but I said that so they could leave me and my eve lineages ALONE. Eve lineages dont have the resources to stop a griefer, not every person in the town has a backpack and a nife in their backpocket to kill someone who just stabbed someone. If I new that writing the pitbull post would do the VERY OPPOSITE of what I wanted to not happen, I would have NEVER WROTE THAT POST AT ALL. I wrote the pitbull post so people could stop griefing my eve lineages, let it all took a 360 and people who arnt even greifers are killing off my eve towns. I've had people tell me to just change my last name to something that people dont know, though I'm selfish in the way of how I like people knowing it..... Look, I take full responsibility of what I did in that post, I regret killing those people, I do, I dont expect to be pardoned by the entire community and marked innocent, I just never expected people to go out of their way to abolish me and anything associated with me.

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 09:42:57)

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 2019-05-11 05:43:41

DaTrüf!

Re: Why I Wrote the Pitbull Post

if i really wanted people to 'grief' I would have them grief using boars, instead of pitbulls. All it takes to grief using boars is to just grab a bow, and a bp, and just shoot 4 wild pigs with piglets, take the pigs, feed them some corn, and just let them loose. Instead I purposely made a complex guide with many steps allong the way, and would be identifiable of some extent, to find if they are pitbull griefing. 'oh you ran away and hid the pit bulls', yea, you want me to do it in the center of town? 1) are they getting pigs? 2) are they getting carcinas? are they doing anything else among those steps? If I really wanted it for the 'griefing' I would have kept it to my self. 'oh your trying to attract noobs' and recruit griefers. No. Fact most noobs dont even know there is a forums, though for the people who ACTUALLY HAVE TO grief, then I wanted to just change the conversation, away from the places where I usually play, low level, eve towns.

#3 2019-05-11 06:00:59

NiGB0

Nice, now you teached how to grief a town again.
You are making the griefers, so, you are a griefer.

Eve Gomez

#4 2019-05-11 06:50:32

DaTrüf!

NiGB0 wrote:

Nice, now you teached how to grief a town again.
You are making the griefers, so, you are a griefer.

there's a reason i added that as a comment, other than the actual post lole

#5 2019-05-11 07:31:19

TofuInjection

Hey DaTrüf! I want to share a story with you.

I was one of Eve Datri's kids a couple weeks back.  There was a twin Eve, which always raises an eyebrow for me, but it seemed like a pretty standard Eve camp otherwise;  everyone working well, no weird shenanigans.  Then one guy bows you out of nowhere, saying "go grief somewhere else".  You protest your innocence and die.  I ask the dude what the hell, and the reponse is "he's a known griefer on the forums".  I didn't feel good about that, since as far as I could tell nothing was going wrong, but I'm not about to continue the drama train.  So i let it go and lead a fairly uneventful life from there.

When I die and load back in, well look at that: I'm the son of an Eve, and there is another Eve Datri in the camp.  I say to you in my broken baby way that I saw you get murdered.  You say "lol" and say that yes, the community hates you.  I ask why.

You: ask a guy named taar
Me: I'm asking you.
You: Lol

You go on to explain that you made an anti griefing post, and griefed people as an example, and everyone jumped down your throat assuming you were a griefer.  I then said "How about just don't grief?"  I don't recall what you said here.  I remember it being unsatisfying, and I was uncomfortable with playing through a life with you, so i fed myself to a wolf.

I don't know if you remember this exchange, but as it turns out I owe you a thank you:  You are the reason I found these forums.  I looked up your pitbull post, and read through that thread in its entirety.  A few days later I registered my account.

I'll say this much for you:  The pitbull post is entertaining, interesting, and pushes the limits of what I thought was possible to achieve in the game.  Its creative and clever, and weirdly highlights some of the more interesting mechanics in OHOL, and the goals that can be achieved through a very complex project.

It's also a massive dick move.  Undefensible as well, though you have clearly tried your best to defend it.  You griefed in an extremely complex way, then made a post about it, going as far to call it a griefer's guide.  You were bragging, or at least you heavily came across that way.  You also don't help your case by doubling down on your points, refusing to admit wrongdoing, and continuing to post detailed griefer guides as evidenced in your second post in this very thread.

Your excuses are unconvincing, and you continue to provide evidence that real, productive players should never want to play with you knowingly.  And you act hurt by this and blame "the community", blind to your own actions.  I'm forced to conclude that you are either a troll, or incredibly dense.  If its the latter, then I'd advise you take a look at how you commmunicate with others; when everyone has a problem with you, you are the problem, not everyone else. If you want to change your reputation, I think it's as simple as just not being a dick.

Thanks again for clueing me into this forum though.  I really am grateful.

Last edited by TofuInjection (2019-05-11 07:37:54)

#6 2019-05-11 08:06:35

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

Hey DaTrüf! I want to share a story with you.

I was one of Eve Datri's kids a couple weeks back.  There was a twin Eve, which always raises an eyebrow for me, but it seemed like a pretty standard Eve camp otherwise;  everyone working well, no weird shenanigans.  Then one guy bows you out of nowhere, saying "go grief somewhere else".  You protest your innocence and die.  I ask the dude what the hell, and the reponse is "he's a known griefer on the forums".  I didn't feel good about that, since as far as I could tell nothing was going wrong, but I'm not about to continue the drama train.  So i let it go and lead a fairly uneventful life from there.

When I die and load back in, well look at that: I'm the son of an Eve, and there is another Eve Datri in the camp.  I say to you in my broken baby way that I saw you get murdered.  You say "lol" and say that yes, the community hates you.  I ask why.

You: ask a guy named taar
Me: I'm asking you.
You: Lol

You go on to explain that you made an anti griefing post, and griefed people as an example, and everyone jumped down your throat assuming you were a griefer.  I then said "How about just don't grief?"  I don't recall what you said here.  I remember it being unsatisfying, and I was uncomfortable with playing through a life with you, so i fed myself to a wolf.

I don't know if you remember this exchange, but as it turns out I owe you a thank you:  You are the reason I found these forums.  I looked up your pitbull post, and read through that thread in its entirety.  A few days later I registered my account.

I'll say this much for you:  The pitbull post is entertaining, interesting, and pushes the limits of what I thought was possible to achieve in the game.  Its creative and clever, and weirdly highlights some of the more interesting mechanics in OHOL, and the goals that can be achieved through a very complex project.

It's also a massive dick move.  Undefensible as well, though you have clearly tried your best to defend it.  You griefed in an extremely complex way, then made a post about it, going as far to call it a griefer's guide.  You were bragging, or at least you heavily came across that way.  You also don't help your case by doubling down on your points, refusing to admit wrongdoing, and continuing to post detailed griefer guides as evidenced in your second post in this very thread.

Your excuses are unconvincing, and you continue to provide evidence that real, productive players should never want to play with you knowingly.  And you act hurt by this and blame "the community", blind to your own actions.  I'm forced to conclude that you are either a troll, or incredibly dense.  If its the latter, then I'd advise you take a look at how you commmunicate with others; when everyone has a problem with you, you are the problem, not everyone else. If you want to change your reputation, I think it's as simple as just not being a dick.

Thanks again for clueing me into this forum though.  I really am grateful.

Oh boy, lets break this down.

1. Yes, I do recall our conversation, though to your point of it being 'unsatisfying', ehhh, I think my response to 'how bout you just don't grief' I'm more than confidant that my response was 'i dont'. Though the fact that it was so much to the point of it being just so uncomfortable to play in a lineage associated with me is, well, ok...

2. Massive dick move? Yea. I agree. I regret killing those people, i really do. Though what alot of people dont notice is that I actually never killed off that town. Purposely. I could have continued to unleash pitbulls on the town and kill it off, but I wasn't into that. I was just making the post as, well a post. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3891143
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3891143
Matter of fact the lineage lived on for an additional twenty generations now that I look back at it.

3. Why did I defend the post? Well, I never actually knew that this post would gain as much popularity as is did, so when I wrote the first messages/comments on the tread of the post defending it, I just viewed it as so a griefer would look through it, take the advice, see that I'm leginimate and is able to trust this guide, and follow the guide, or at least shift your up most needs of griefing away from eve towns. Matter of fact, it hasn't been until recently that I've spoken out about this - about how I am not a griefer, and why I actually wrote the post. But its just the upmost hatred against me among every line of the way of just stopping me and what I'm doing is just, really, the dick move.

4. Unconvincing? I'm blaming the community? I'm a 'troll'? It's not really that I expect this community to take a total 180 and change their mind and opinion on me, as I've said I knew that going into this post. Though I guess the notion for me is just that, I just want this information out their. People dont actually have to pardon me. Matter of fact everyone could continue to hate me and wouldn't give two shits about killing me, because it wouldn't affect me anymore, I've changed my eve name! Look, I respect that you've examined this and really looked into this, I really do respect that. But what I would lead you towards is that, the people I play with, dont think I'm a griefer. People like @Walruse, @Oreo, and other people all are great community members. Yea, I've used to play with Toxic, hes a known griefer, though I've written a total separate post on why I've partnered with griefers - for the Apocalypse. But now, I got kicked from Toxic's discord server, and we dont talk to each other anymore.

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 08:37:54)

#7 2019-05-11 08:38:44

TofuInjection

DaTrüf! wrote:

Oh boy, lets break this down.

1. Yes, I do recall our conversation, though to your point of it being 'unsatisfying', ehhh, I think my response to 'how bout you just don't grief' I'm more than confidant that my response was 'i dont'. Though the fact that it was so much to the point of it being just so uncomfortable to play in a lineage associated with me is, well, ok...

2. Massive dick move? Yea. I agree. I regret killing those people, i really do. Though what alot of people dont notice is that I actually never killed off that town. Purposely. I could have continued to unleash pitbulls on the town and kill it off, but I wasn't into that. I was just making the post as, well a post. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3891143
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3891143 Matter of fact the lineage lived on for an additional twenty generations now that I look back at it.

3. Why did I defend the post? Well, I never actually knew that this post would gain as much popularity as is did, so when I wrote the first messages/comments on the tread of the post defending it, I just viewed it as so a griefer would look through it, take the advice, see that I'm leginimate and is able to trust this guide, and follow the guide, or at least shift your up most needs of griefing away from eve towns. Matter of fact, it hasn't been until recently that I've spoken out about this - about how I am not a griefer, and why I actually wrote the post. But its just the upmost hatred against me among every line of the way of just stopping me and what I'm doing is just, really, the dick move.

4. Unconvincing? I'm blaming the community? I'm a 'troll'? It's not really that I expect this community to take a total 180 and change their mind and opinion on me, as I've said I knew that going into this post. Though I guess the notion for me is just that, I just want this information out their. People dont actually have to pardon me. Matter of fact everyone could continue to hate me and wouldn't give two shits about killing me, because it wouldn't affect me anymore, I've changed my eve name! Look, I respect that you've examined this and really looked into this, I really do respect that. But what I would lead you towards is that, the people I play with, dont think I'm a griefer. People like @Walruse, @Oreo, and other people all are great community members. Yea, I've used to play with Toxic, hes a known griefer, though I've written a total separate post on why I've partnered with griefers - for the Apocalypse. But now, I got kicked from Toxic's discord server, and we dont talk to each other anymore.

1) I fed myself to a wolf in that game because after watching someone murder you in a previous life for being a known griefer, and talking to you about it an a second life in the same session, without a satisfying conclusion... I dunno, just didn't want to deal.  Twin eves are a dengerous ecosystem already without extra weirdness.  I recognize that you weren't actually responsible for anything that happened in that particular game.  I also, don't remember the response, but if it was "i don't grief"... well thats provably false.

2) Your end goal was to fuck up a town.  Using an argument of "well they managed after I fucked with them"  is not really a good look.

3) You behaved like a dick and people reacted.  It's really weird you can't see that.  It's really weird you blame peoples reactions to your shitty behavior, instead of realizing you were wrong.  It's doubly weird that you say things like "I regret killing those people.  I really do" and then act like a victim.

4) I'm glad you changed your Eve name.  I think thats for the best, because you can now play normally and we'll all do it with you.  I'm glad you can be a productive player, fuck, I hope we can play a productive game together at some point.  It's your victim complex that I find kind of gross.

#8 2019-05-11 08:43:50

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

1) I fed myself to a wolf in that game because after watching someone murder you in a previous life for being a known griefer, and talking to you about it an a second life in the same session, without a satisfying conclusion... I dunno, just didn't want to deal.  Twin eves are a dengerous ecosystem already without extra weirdness.  I recognize that you weren't actually responsible for anything that happened in that particular game.  I also, don't remember the response, but if it was "i don't grief"... well thats provably false.

2) Your end goal was to fuck up a town.  Using an argument of "well they managed after I fucked with them"  is not really a good look.

3) You behaved like a dick and people reacted.  It's really weird you can't see that.  It's really weird you blame peoples reactions to your shitty behavior, instead of realizing you were wrong.  It's doubly weird that you say things like "I regret killing those people.  I really do" and then act like a victim.

4) I'm glad you changed your Eve name.  I think thats for the best, because you can now play normally and we'll all do it with you.  I'm glad you can be a productive player, fuck, I hope we can play a productive game together at some point.  It's your victim complex that I find kind of gross.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b3e35de … d=10493067

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 08:48:55)

#9 2019-05-11 08:48:45

TofuInjection

Ok bud, I guess you don't really want to talk about it.

Last edited by TofuInjection (2019-05-11 08:49:18)

#10 2019-05-11 08:53:35

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

Ok bud, I guess you don't really want to talk about it.

Its just that you've contradicted yourself a bit.
>see's all I do is eve
>calls me a troll
>I talk about how I've had change my eve name
>'I'm glad you can finally be a productive player, fuck, '

>https://tenor.com/view/sam-samhyde-what … f-10075185

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 08:54:01)

#11 2019-05-11 08:55:36

TofuInjection

I don't see that all you do is Eve.  I played in two game with you and the rest of my opinion is based on your own words on this forum.  Including in this thread.  Dude, you stopped quoting me halfway through a sentence.  How is that even close to speaking in good faith?

Last edited by TofuInjection (2019-05-11 08:57:24)

#12 2019-05-11 08:58:18

MultiLife

Afaik you really embraced the whole griefing thing starting from the pitbull post. You'd go to griefer topics to message and played with griefers (said you didn't grief but they did, which doesn't matter to me - playing with griefers doing griefing makes you one as you support them).
Tarr said you griefed an Eve camp (perhaps in this company, can't recall).

Now, I wouldn't go my way to hunt you or your kids down. Idc. Haven't been born to your lineages.
Overall it just sounds like a child who just comes up with all kinds of ways to word their doings, trying to explain their edgy phase to clear the consequences they had.

I'd imagine if you play long enough in a peaceful manner, people will slowly drop out of any manhunts or suicide attitudes and you eventually play like before the edgy phase.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe how you tried to make griefers grief in more complex manners. I believe they kept to their ways and nobody saw the complex pitbull griefing as a good choice. Thus, you just added a weapon to an arsenal which did nothing good.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-11 08:59:57)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2019-05-11 08:59:34

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

I don't see that all you do is Eve.  I played in two game with you and the rest of my opinion is based on your own words on this forum.  Including in this thread.  Dude, you stopped quoting me halfway through a sentence.  How is that evwen close to speaking in good faith?

again, you haven't done much research into what I've done, and with the few material you have compiled, isn't an entire biography about me

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a326d99 … id=5642138

#14 2019-05-11 09:02:59

TofuInjection

To be clear:  You are asking everyone to do extensive research on you before forming an opinion?

You dont matter

#15 2019-05-11 09:03:26

DaTrüf!

MultiLife wrote:

Afaik you really embraced the whole griefing thing starting from the pitbull post. You'd go to griefer topics to message and played with griefers (said you didn't grief but they did, which doesn't matter to me - playing with griefers doing griefing makes you one as you support them).
Tarr said you griefed an Eve camp (perhaps in this company, can't recall).

Now, I wouldn't go my way to hunt you or your kids down. Idc. Haven't been born to your lineages.
Overall it just sounds like a child who just comes up with all kinds of ways to word their doings, trying to explain their edgy phase to clear the consequences they had.

I'd imagine if you play long enough in a peaceful manner, people will slowly drop out of any manhunts or suicide attitudes and you eventually play like before the edgy phase.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe how you tried to make griefers grief in more complex manners. I believe they kept to their ways and nobody saw the complex pitbull griefing as a good choice. Thus, you just added a weapon to an arsenal which did nothing good.

I could have lead them to a better griefing method. And with that I'd refer you do this comment

DaTrüf! wrote:

if i really wanted people to 'grief' I would have them grief using boars, instead of pitbulls. All it takes to grief using boars is to just grab a bow, and a bp, and just shoot 4 wild pigs with piglets, take the pigs, feed them some corn, and just let them loose. Instead I purposely made a complex guide with many steps allong the way, and would be identifiable of some extent, to find if they are pitbull griefing. 'oh you ran away and hid the pit bulls', yea, you want me to do it in the center of town? 1) are they getting pigs? 2) are they getting carcinas? are they doing anything else among those steps? If I really wanted it for the 'griefing' I would have kept it to my self. 'oh your trying to attract noobs' and recruit griefers. No. Fact most noobs dont even know there is a forums, though for the people who ACTUALLY HAVE TO grief, then I wanted to just change the conversation, away from the places where I usually play, low level, eve towns.

#16 2019-05-11 09:05:24

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

To be clear:  You are asking everyone to do extensive research on you before forming an opinion?

You dont matter

XD If your going to outlie what I do, you better figure out what I do

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … retard.gif

#17 2019-05-11 09:06:32

TofuInjection

DaTrüf! wrote:
TofuInjection wrote:

You dont matter

this right here is why people hate you

#18 2019-05-11 09:07:05

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:
TofuInjection wrote:

You dont matter

this right here is why people hate you

no, just you bud, like going into this conversation, i gave a respectful tone, but you came in with this 'oh you better fucking' and 'duh' attitude, you shouldn't expect the same in return

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … g_kill.gif

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 09:09:25)

#19 2019-05-11 09:10:29

TofuInjection

I reckon I gave you more time, consideration and respect than most would.  You're the guy that gets shot on sight by people after all.

#20 2019-05-11 09:11:50

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

I reckon I gave you more time, consideration and respect than most would.  You're the guy that gets shot on sight by people after all.

If you actually knew this community you'd know alot more than what ur talkin about bud.

I doubt you even know there is an official discord server for this game

#21 2019-05-11 09:14:20

MultiLife

Better method or worse, it doesn't matter. You still made a post which did nothing good.

You try to write in a way to make yourself a victim. Even your sig has that.
Poor me was all stomped on by griefers and now the community is being mean.

Poke a bee hive and some bees will get out to sting you. You weren't misunderstood, they decided you are a douche for your actions.

Maybe next you say you were clickbaiting people to teach them how to catch griefers - but honestly, how often dog griefers are around? How often do people need the knowledge to catch them in time? Why didn't you just make a post on how to detect dog griefers without being one? If the answer is clickbait then you really chose a poor choice. Perhaps with a vision clouded with the experiences you had.
Still won't excuse your actions of bragging attitude and your very real griefing journeys.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-11 09:19:37)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#22 2019-05-11 09:21:13

DaTrüf!

MultiLife wrote:

Better method or worse, it doesn't matter. You still made a post which did nothing good.

You try to write in a way to make yourself a victim. Even your sig has that.
Poor me was all stomped on by griefers and now the community is being mean.

Poke a bee hive and some bees will get out to sting you. You weren't misunderstood, they decided you are a douche for your actions.

Maybe next you say you were clickbaiting people to teach them how to catch griefers - but honestly, how often dog griefers are around? How often do people need the knowledge to catch them in time? Why didn't you just make a post on how to detect dog griefers? If the answer is clickbait then you really did a poor choice. Perhaps with a vision clouded with the experiences you had.
Still won't excuse your actions of bragging attitude and your very real griefing journeys.

Yea, like I said, it was a dick move. My own selfishness took over ig. My plan was to change the conversation to somewhere away from what I play in - and remember keep in mind, I had only 300 hours by then - that was easily detectable and preventable. Clickbait? Never expected the post to become so popular. clickbait or not it did cause pitbull griefers, and I was told by many people that they have used my guide to prevent it, and have sent people to donkey town. I should have just gone into a test server and made the post or something, instead of actual people. Griefing journies? Remember, this was all an act, to convert griefers to something that is detectable.....for my own selfishness needs. I was, in a way misunderstood, though its because I misrepresented who I was. I am no griefer, I am no troller, nor am I someone who wants attention. I just wanted griefers to leave me alone

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-05-11 09:24:34)

#23 2019-05-11 09:29:32

TofuInjection

Instead of attacking me and my knowledge of the community that you routinely disparage, how about just apologizing?

You are being a cock.

#24 2019-05-11 09:31:36

DaTrüf!

TofuInjection wrote:

Instead of attacking me and my knowledge of the community that you routinely disparage, how about just apologizing?

You are being a cock.

I did apologize for killing those people and what not, matter of fact I've given alot of apologies for that

but you get no apology noob

#25 2019-05-11 09:32:57

TofuInjection

DaTrüf! wrote:
TofuInjection wrote:

You are being a cock.

I did apologize for killing those people and what not, matter of fact I've given alot of apologies for that

but you get no apology noob

in case of edit

Board footer