One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-10 03:30:08

Jk Howling

Finding an Abandoned City

I was the firstborn son of a dying eve. We were alone, in the middle of nowhere. She was dressed finely in linens, with a fancy tophat, and when she proclaimed that she coild go on no longer..

I begged her to stab me with the knife she carried. We could die together, at least. But she refused, urging me to live on, despite having no relatives or even a campsite to live in.

I begrudgingly honored her wishes. Curious about the finery of her clothes, I found her trail and followed it backwards. I found the corpse she must've looted, and followed his trail as well. It took a few years, but I eventually started seeing signs of civilization- cut trees, trimmed branches, even a well. Eventually I found a road, and followed it.

And discovered a ghost town.

The place was in ruin. Floppy baskets, broken down carts, and skeletons littered the area. Lots of knives and arrows around. A small graveyard. I can't help but wonder if there was a murder spree, or if they starved, or if they just ran out of players. There was no way for me to tell tbh.

I found a camera, with a few supplies that made it clear they'd died before they could finish it.. So I did it for them. This image captures the mood pretty nicely, I think:

ulHVrtt.png

Glimpsing the graves and corpses, it seems the village was once populated by the Yun family, and later, the Wangs. The Yuns had died off about 10-11 hours ago, according to the graves I found. The Wangs, it seemed, were about 5-6 hours ago. Sad I couldn't repopulate it myself.

Pictures of the Town

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer